Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Archived - Beta test MLAT software for Raspberry Pi

First officer
    Have anybody succeeded in using the new Raspberry 3 AND getting MLAT to work?

My friend started his new RPi3 today, but the MLAT status says 'NO' compared to my RPi status 'YES' and my Windows status 'N/A'
    Of course we said YES to contributing to MLAT in the set up.

Purser
    Yep, working 100% here using the standard install and instructions

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by 41south View Post
    Yep, working 100% here using the standard install and instructions

Just to be sure;

It this what you got?:MLAT yes.JPG

In that case, are FR24 makng a choice as to which RPis should take part in MLAT even if one said yes while installing?

Purser
    That's correct, mine shows MLAT yes. I'm not sure, do they perhaps do any diagnosis of uploaded data before 'allowing' MLAT from a particular station?
    I had one radar that seemed to take a while for MLAT to start, but I also had other problems with that Pi, to the extent that it would stop sending data randomly anywhere between 2 minutes and 20 minutes after startup. I changed out the Pi and the problems went away and have had no issues with getting MLAT going since

Flight attendant
    So I think for MLAT the question is: FR24 Feeder Status says MLAT running = YES. What is the meaning in the log then saying: Stats 0/0?
    2016-03-27_1112_001.png
    2016-03-27_1112.png

Edit: It is RPi3, Raspian.
    Last edited by jrf; 2016-03-27 at 12:27. Reason: Additional Info
    JRF: T-EDNY19
    South Germany

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by jrf View Post
    So I think for MLAT the question is: FR24 Feeder Status says MLAT running = YES. What is the meaning in the log then saying: Stats 0/0?
    2016-03-27_1112_001.png
    2016-03-27_1112.png
    Except that for our RPi 3 installation it says "MLAT Running NO"

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpin View Post
    Have anybody succeeded in using the new Raspberry 3 AND getting MLAT to work?

My friend started his new RPi3 today, but the MLAT status says 'NO' compared to my RPi status 'YES' and my Windows status 'N/A'
    Of course we said YES to contributing to MLAT in the set up.
    I have just setup a raspberry pi 2 with the fr24feed software and also do not have MLAT running. I said "yes" in the setup but it still shows as no.
    Maybe this is something about checking the data provided first from new setups?? Not sure

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by jrf View Post
    Edit: It is RPi3, Raspian.

I have the same situation: PI3, latest version of the feeder (1.0.18-5) and "MLAT running: YES". But on the log I ALWAYS see "Stats 0/0".
    Last edited by awg; 2016-03-30 at 16:40.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by awg View Post
    I have the same situation: PI3, latest version of the feeder (1.0.18-5) and "MLAT running: YES". But on the log I ALWAYS see "Stats 0/0".
    Stats on the main page do not seem to be accurate representation. Better to use 'sudo service fr24feed status' or the variables page.

One thing to check is your GPS settings, if you set them in the wrong format during setup, anything you capture will be out of range and disabled/ignored.

You will see this appear during startup if you stop the service and run as a standalone momentarily. Copy the co-ords into google maps and see if it lands on you.

sudo service fr24feed stop
    sudo fr24feed start

ctrl-c
    sudo service fr24feed start
    (A reboot may be required to start it as service again later)
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    Those of you having trouble with MLAT, it maybe worth doing as Oblivion suggested above and comparing the coordinates for feed and MLAT

sudo service fr24feed stop
    sudo fr24feed start

It seems that MLAT is cutting of the last 2 digits of the coordinates and rounding them up causing a 300m+ offset from your actual coordinates

More info here
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...7494#post77494