Page 29 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Archived - Beta test MLAT software for Raspberry Pi

First officer
    Question for Vinnyspb: What is the difference between MLAT6 and MLAT7?

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeo View Post
    Valid point - interesting to note that some suppliers only supply a wall wart capable of 1-1.2A with their Pi's. I bought my Pi from Wiltronics, they supply a 2A wall wart. I've got the dongle feeding straight from one of the Pi's USB ports via a 1m extension cable and its never missed a beat, yet I see others saying you have to feed them via a powered USB hub.
    It's always a good idea to use an active USB Hub on those kind of computers because they may lack in power supply to the SDR which causes a software crash.
    Regards,
    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by equi View Post
    It's always a good idea to use an active USB Hub on those kind of computers because they may lack in power supply to the SDR which causes a software crash.
    ...only because they are being fed with incapable wall warts (as I said) - feed it with a big enough one, no problems. Mines been running for over 4 months now without an issue.
    T-YSBK22

First officer
    Yes, but sometimes you want to connect extra Hardware (e.g. a mass storage stick).
    Regards,
    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeo View Post
    Valid point - interesting to note that some suppliers only supply a wall wart capable of 1-1.2A with their Pi's. I bought my Pi from Wiltronics, they supply a 2A wall wart. I've got the dongle feeding straight from one of the Pi's USB ports via a 1m extension cable and its never missed a beat, yet I see others saying you have to feed them via a powered USB hub.
    Hmmm, I buy my Pi's from Element14, one of the main distributers ... and unless I order extra stuff, (which I don't) all I get is the Pi, nothing else, no case/psu/sd cards etc... *shrug* I have many Pi's in/on this house, so running them all off individual PSUs is not practical, most run of 4 port passive PoE injectors...
    T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Passenger
    Please, have any predictions to support modes beast board?

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by HermanZA View Post
    Finding that the Receiver part of the feeder tends to stop or go into an error condition.

Stopping it, waiting a few seconds then a start, tends to solve the issue.
    Anyone seeing the same issues?
    Any automation or watchdog that can do a stop/start every x hours?
    Same here - cron job seems to be a good thing....

Hi,

I have a GPS module in my Raspberry Pi 2. And would be so cool, if when I turn Raspberry ON, FR24feed automatically updated GPS coordinates.
    This would be great, because sometimes i would like to take my Raspberry to e.g. to go another place, where i do not have a monitor to update settings. Is it possible?

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Tviki View Post
    Hi,

I have a GPS module in my Raspberry Pi 2. And would be so cool, if when I turn Raspberry ON, FR24feed automatically updated GPS coordinates.
    This would be great, because sometimes i would like to take my Raspberry to e.g. to go another place, where i do not have a monitor to update settings. Is it possible?
    Just put it in the startup script to modify the /etc/fr24feed.ini file with the correct coordinates before you start fr24feed...
    T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Yes, but i mean - if i would like to change own location e.g. i go to airfield and I do not know the exact coordinates.