Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
      Any changelog ? ^^
      Just a few cosmetic changes so far

Comment

• Originally posted by vinnyspb View Post
        Sorry, I think I didn't fully understand your question. Are you talking about feeding from 2 instances with the same key or?
        FA = Flightaware
        FR = Flightradar24

No. I am talking about a poorly configured T-Feeder ... One which is using either the FA supplied dump1090 or mutability's dump190. They are feeding FA with mlat data, the FA mlat client sends back MLAT positions so they can be displayed on the local dump1090 (as the default config is setup to do) or other mapping software. The trouble is, and as obj has pointed out, even though the data is clearly distinguishable as MLAT data and not ADS-B data from dump1090, fr24feed just assumes it's ADS-B data because it has position information. Therefore, those T-feeders set up that way are sending MLAT positions to FR as ADS-B positions... So, instead of the data properly showing up as MLAT6 or MLAT7 it's show up as T-YBBN33 (in this instance) or, mine T-YBBN50 which was doing it for about 18hrs, I thought that by having no --forward-mlat switch in the dump1090 command line that it wouldn't let them appear in the feed the raw feed.. But evidently they are.. So I switched back to the other way of doing things, have FA's mlat client expose the MLAT positions on a separate port, and turn off MLAT for fr24feed as I am using dump1090-mutability... See how that goes for a while...
        T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaal View Post
          FA = Flightaware
          FR = Flightradar24

No. I am talking about a poorly configured T-Feeder ... One which is using either the FA supplied dump1090 or mutability's dump190. They are feeding FA with mlat data, the FA mlat client sends back MLAT positions so they can be displayed on the local dump1090 (as the default config is setup to do) or other mapping software. The trouble is, and as obj has pointed out, even though the data is clearly distinguishable as MLAT data and not ADS-B data from dump1090, fr24feed just assumes it's ADS-B data because it has position information. Therefore, those T-feeders set up that way are sending MLAT positions to FR as ADS-B positions... So, instead of the data properly showing up as MLAT6 or MLAT7 it's show up as T-YBBN33 (in this instance) or, mine T-YBBN50 which was doing it for about 18hrs, I thought that by having no --forward-mlat switch in the dump1090 command line that it wouldn't let them appear in the feed the raw feed.. But evidently they are.. So I switched back to the other way of doing things, have FA's mlat client expose the MLAT positions on a separate port, and turn off MLAT for fr24feed as I am using dump1090-mutability... See how that goes for a while...
          YES! I have seen MLAT aircraft over Germany suddenly displaying named receivers as if they were ADS-B equiped. Only now understanding why

Comment

• Seen this here to and didn't understand, but now......intresting
            T-EDDC46

Comment

• Hey all,

i try to update my feeder but receive: Saving settings to /etc/fr24feed.ini...ERROR

How can i give correct read/write rules to this file? I try to search ;(

Thanks a lot and best regards,
              Flash
              T-EDDL150

Comment

• Hey again,

i found help in the worldwideweb with chmod 666. Now:

pi@flightcenter /var/log $ sudo service fr24feed status
                [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2015-07-29 16:34:32.
                [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-EDDL39.
                [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 11.
                [ ok ] Receiver: connected (3341 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 10.

But now i can´t open Map... Maybe i have not "--net-http-port 80" in fr24feed.ini. I will check that later this day!

Thanks
                Last edited by Flash; 2015-07-29, 16:43.
                T-EDDL150

Comment

• You only need "--net" to say dump1090 to enable networking/webinterface. However, everything below Port 1024 (afaik) needs sudo/root rights. Maybe you want to run it with following parameter "--net --net-http-port 8080". After dump1090 started you open a Webbrowser and navigate to your Pi IP:8080 - viel Erfolg und Spaß dabei ;D
                  Regards,
                  T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                  Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Hey equi,

works fine now

Vielen Dank auch dir!
                    T-EDDL150

Comment

mlat-uplink-stats = 0 - nothing uploaded, could be because not enough of other MLAT-receivers in the area.
                      mlat_problem - means the last known problem, not exactly the current one. no-config comes from the decoder start when it haven't had enough time yet to receive it.
                      mlat-number-seen="138" -> seen both uploaded/not uploaded

Where are these lines of info located? Looked in fr24feed.log but couldnt find them there!

lcs

Comment

• Today's new beta version 1.0.14-7 includes automatic update feature. It will allow us to speed up software updates and the hosts won't have to perform any manual actions after installing this build. If someone doesn't want automatic updates for some reason, feel free to configure /etc/cron.d/fr24feed_updater

Comment

Today's new beta version 1.0.14-7 includes automatic update feature. It will allow us to speed up software updates and the hosts won't have to perform any manual actions after installing this build. If someone doesn't want automatic updates for some reason, feel free to configure /etc/cron.d/fr24feed_updater
                          I am sure this has been asked before, but cannot find it.. Is there a changelog on the site here somewhere??
                          T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Where is the height of antenna stored? I have just raised my antenna up by about 2 metres and wanted to alter the height for mlat without going through the whole registration process again. Was hoping it was a change to an ini files and a restart......

TIA

lcs

Comment

• Originally posted by lcsneil View Post
                              Where is the height of antenna stored? I have just raised my antenna up by about 2 metres and wanted to alter the height for mlat without going through the whole registration process again. Was hoping it was a change to an ini files and a restart......

TIA

lcs
                              2 meters are not influent

Comment

• Today's new beta version 1.0.14-7 includes automatic update feature. It will allow us to speed up software updates and the hosts won't have to perform any manual actions after installing this build. If someone doesn't want automatic updates for some reason, feel free to configure /etc/cron.d/fr24feed_updater pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo service fr24feed status

Hi vinnyspb

I'm new to FR24feed, but "listening" here since a long time...

A little suggestion: Is it possible to show version informations like shown below
                                (or anyhow you think)

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo service fr24feed status
                                [ INFO ] running Version: 1.0.14 Build: 5 ____ newest Version: 1.0.14 Build: 7
                                [AutoUpdate] disabled
                                [ UpTime ] 7h 5m 12s

[ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                                [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2015-08-01 19:48:46.
                                [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                                [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-EDMS6
                                [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 70.
                                [ ok ] Receiver: connected (55402 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                                [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                                [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 69.
                                pi@raspberrypi ~ $

Greets out of Bavaria

Stefan

btw: What's trying to tell me: " 0 SYNC" ?????
                                Last edited by oroblraM; 2015-08-01, 20:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X