Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Setting Up Flightradar24 Software

Hey everyone,

I have been trying so hard to setup the FR24 software for feeding, but I can't get it to work. My RTL data is working good and I'm getting lots of action. Could anyone help me in showing me how to install the FR24 software for Windows? I think it may be an issue with the libusbk.dll download. What option do I choose?

Thanks!

How are you feeding data to the FR24 port?

Comment

With a DVBT USB Stick and the RTL1090 software.

Comment

You'll need to read the guide very carefully that is on the download page..

You either configure the FR24 software to collect pre-processed AVR data and output from RTL, or you run FR24 on its own - it has RTLsoftware built in.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

@Oblivian-- Thank you so much! I had both RTL1090 and FR24 running at the same time, and that was my problem. You fixed a days worth of figuring out what to do!

Comment

I am pretty confused on this one and need some clarification.

I was feeding data a few years ago but other stuff got in the way and I am trying to get it running again.

My setup was a dongal, RTL1090 and ABSscope.

All that still works but I can't seem to get it to feed or prove that it is feeding.

I downloaded the current feed software and dump 1090 but nothing seems to work as it should.

I notice the caution in this thread about running RTL1090 and FR24 at the same time and a ref to read a guide carefully which I can't seem to find.

Anyway, if I turn off RTL1090, the FR24 seems to be doing something now but it's not obvious what that is.

When I click on the green triangles and try to open web status, it will not open the local host. I believe this is how I determine if it is really feeding.

If this is actually working, how do I view the aircraft radar view? Can I still use ABSscope or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Jack, Marengo, Il

Comment

Assuming you're using Windows
              In ADSBScope, choose other>network>network setup
              Set up raw data server feed port to whatever (it might say 7777, leave it on that)
              Close window, then choose other>network>raw data server active (last choice in list)
              Start RTL1090 as normal (I use ModeSDeco2, it's a better decoder)

Open a command window (Window Key+R, then type "CMD" without quotes)
              CD to the directory where FR24feed.exe is such as CD c:\airplanes\FR24
              type FR24feed --reconfigure (double dash and then reconfigure, this will open FR24 in configuration mode)
              You will see some choices, choose option 4 (AVR compatible) then choose Netork connection (choice 1)
              Enter IP address which will be 127.0.0.1
              Enter port number which will be 7777
              Continue to fill in the other fields as you want them and exit, then restart program (just type FR24feed.exe without the --reconfigure part) and enter email and key and it should start working with data coming from ADSBScope instead of directly from dongle

Too bad FR24 doesn't supply these directions for those who want to use another logging program such as ADSBScope or Virtual Radar Server

Comment

You can also set up FR24 to control the dongle (choice 1 instead of 4) and then in the output parts of the setup below that, choose a port number for output and set up ADSBScope to use that port in its client side same as you do with RTL1090.

Comment

Thanks for your help but I need more help now because I learned something since posting my last.

Seems like just running the new fr24 feed without the rtl1090 not only works out of the box but it makes some very interesting information available that does not seem to be there using the old program and rtl1090.

So I am not sure if your response answered my needs but I probably need a step by step now that I know what I want which is:

To run the new fr24feed and connect this to adsbscope to display the aircraft that are reaching my antenna only in addition to sending the data to FR.

It's not clear to me what the 3 different ports do or how to assign them.

Thanks for your help,

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by k9act View Post
                    Thanks for your help but I need more help now because I learned something since posting my last.

Seems like just running the new fr24 feed without the rtl1090 not only works out of the box but it makes some very interesting information available that does not seem to be there using the old program and rtl1090.

So I am not sure if your response answered my needs but I probably need a step by step now that I know what I want which is:

To run the new fr24feed and connect this to adsbscope to display the aircraft that are reaching my antenna only in addition to sending the data to FR.

It's not clear to me what the 3 different ports do or how to assign them.

Thanks for your help,

Jack
                    Correct. And Sounds like you have done most of what he mentions in the first part to get FR24 going as the primary receiver software. Now you configure ADSBScope to listen to basic data and show it in a list.

Be warned, you may miss some data that the software filters - the method there is to run 1090 and use instructions in manual

Configure fr24feed software outputs as per manual

3.2 Running FR24 decoder side by side with your own software
                    There might be occasions when you want to run your own software side by side with the
                    FR24 decoder. The most common reason is missing some advanced features like
                    visualisation and local flight database or being able to see more aircraft even when their
                    position is not 100% certain.
                    For all the supported receivers, except the DVBT stick, the easiest way to go is to
                    configure FR24 Decoder as the primary processing application and then configure the
                    software of your choice to connect to it using TCP. To do so, please go to FR24 Settings
                    by accessing http://localhost:8754/settings.html on the machine decoder runs on and
                    enable RAW data feed, then save settings and restart the decoder. The next step is
                    configuring your software to access RAW data. Below you will find two example
                    configurations, one using the adsbSCOPE and the other using Virtual Radar Client.
                    Virtual Radar Server
                    Please go to Tools->Options menu, then select Receivers from the tree view on the left
                    and configure the connection as follows:
                    Data source: AVR or Beast Raw Feed
                    Connection type: Network
                    Reconnect at startup: yes
                    Address: localhost (when running FR24 decoder on the same machine) or IP address of
                    the computer running FR24 decoder.
                    Port: 30334
                    Then select “Tools->Reconnect to Data Feed->Receiver” to activate data flow.

adsbSCOPE
                    Please select “Other->Network->Network Config” from the top menu bar then configure
                    In case of the DVBT stick it is better to use another approach as some data is filtered out
                    at an early signal processing stage. To do so, you will need to configure dump1090 to
                    access your DVBT dongle directly (please refer to dump1090 manual) and enable
                    networking by adding “--net” parameter to the command line. After you start dump1090
                    you can configure FR24 Decoder to use its RAW data stream. Please go to
                    http://localhost:8754/settings.html and change receiver type to AVR (TCP) entering
                    “localhost:30002” in the Host/IP field. Then save settings and restart decoder
                    RAW-data-client section as follows:
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Sticking with the first setup for now, the raw data is enabled and I have put 30334 into the Raw Data Client port of adsbscope but what goes into the other two ports on adsbscope?

js

Comment

Sticking with the first setup for now, the raw data is enabled and I have put 30334 into the Raw Data Client port of adsbscope but what goes into the other two ports on adsbscope?

js
                        From memory nothing. You then chose the client mode only so the other options are ignored.
                        To activate the radar display, go to Other > Network and select RAW-data Client active.

Comment

Well, something is missing as adsbscobe does not run this way.

Also, seems like most of the info out there including the link you provided are older than the newer version of fr24 feed so they do not help much.

js
                          Last edited by k9act; 2015-06-15, 04:52.

Comment

Sticking with the first setup for now, I got as far as the RCD port on adsbscope but what do you put in the other two ports?

js
                            Did you overlook my reply?

Nothing, they are the SERVER ports (for sending out data) which you are not going to need. Only for adding a 3rd app in the chain. As long as client is configured, and chosen as the receiver. It will get the data.

You may have to enable AVR out and not raw out on fr24feed however.

Comment

[QUOTE=Oblivian;

You may have to enable AVR out and not raw out on fr24feed however.[/QUOTE]

OK but that brings up another problem. I can almost never open local host. I was able to just before to enable raw but now
                              it will not open to enable AVR.

Typically I get
                              This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

When i try to connect. I have tried all sorts of suggestions from the web to fix this but nothing works.

Any ideas?

js

Comment

Working...
                              X