No announcement yet.

Help Setting Up Flightradar24 Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. That is for basic MLAT with some other software/private networks I believe. The use of it in the FR24feed sense is ignored - used to connect to stick. Send ADSB data only.

The servers do the rest. But MLAT can only be produced from the F- boxes with GPS data attached. Other non usable data/information from DVB feeders is ignored.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

And no sooner to I say that..

We are happy to announce public beta testing phase of MLAT based on Raspberry Pi receivers. If you would like to participate, please make sure you have the following: Raspberry Pi B+ or Raspberry Pi 2 DVB-T USB receiver with antenna Fairly good location to install the antenna Local tests were performed on RPi B+ and RPi2
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by k9act View Post
        Problem solved.

As per Nisbo's posting on the PP thread I changed the following:

In set up I said no to the questions about raw data and base station.

I added --net to the dump1090 arguments

In ADSBscope I choose Port 30002 for RDC (nothing new there)
        and what made it work was selection Beast as the decoder instead of the obvious dongal choice.

I have no idea what any of this means or why it now works but I am probably too old to learn.

Thanks for the help,

Jack
        --net that worked for me too, Thanks alot !!!

Comment

I have to admit my hardest time was ssh into the Pi shell. I cannot express how important to type exactly and watch your spaces

Comment

how can i restart the setup wizard ?

Comment

flyingLunchbox:

To reconfigure only
              Code:
              fr24feed --reconfigure
              To signup and reconfigure
              Code:
              fr24feed --signup
              Last edited by abcd567; 2019-07-17, 22:24.

Comment

Hello everybody,

I've tried so hard to set up the FR24 software for feeding, but I can not get it to work. Can someone help me with the installation of the FR24 software on my Rasberry Pi 2? The software I have already copied to an SD card and the software also starts. The DVBT stick is also recognized. I do not know where to enter my access data?

Many Thanks
                Nils

Comment

wildthing01:

Which OS you have installed?

PI24 image downloaded from https://www.flightradar24.com/build-your-own

OR

Raspbian image downloaded from https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

Comment

Hello everybody,

many thanks for the help. I downloaded the software from Fligthradar24. The feeding software seems to work, but the software does not feed the data into the internet
                    My question: What am I doing wrong? Are the parameters / entries not entered correctly? (see attached photo)
                    What am I doing wrong. Can someone help me get the feeding software to work?

Best regards
                    Nils20190902_124637.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by wildthing01 View Post
                      Hello everybody,

many thanks for the help. I downloaded the software from Fligthradar24. The feeding software seems to work, but the software does not feed the data into the internet
                      My question: What am I doing wrong? Are the parameters / entries not entered correctly? (see attached photo)
                      What am I doing wrong. Can someone help me get the feeding software to work?

Best regards
                      Nils[ATTACH=CONFIG]11046[/ATTACH]
                      Does not appear so

sudo fr24feed --signup

Re-enter same details as before.

Comment

After running the signup, you'll need to restart fr24:

sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

I suspect you'll have to look up how to use putty/ssh, it is described here:
                        STEP-1: Download Necessary Software 1.1 - Download PI24 image (zip) on your Desktop/Laptop Download page: https://www.flightradar24.com/build-your-own Direct download link: https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...latest.img.zip (https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_images/fr24-raspberry-pi-latest.img.zip) 1.2 - Download
                        Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-09-02, 11:35.

Comment

The system tells me that my email address is wrong. Earlier on the Windows feeding software I logged in with the same email address.
                          What am I doing wrong?
                          I'm sorry for the questions to the forum.
                          20190902_142915.jpg

Comment

Leave the prompt for the sharing key empty.

You will then get a new sharing key.
                            Old sharing keys often cause problems.

Comment

Hello,

The feeding software now seems to be fully configured
                              Except for a few minor misunderstandings.
                              How do I get the software to feed.
                              with the command:
                              sudo service fr24feed start
                              Do not start feeding?
                              Can someone help me please? or is it enough if I restart the Raspberry?

Many thanks in advance for your reply

Comment

Don't type start, type restart!

sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

Anyway you can also reboot the RPi.

Also consider upgrading dump1090, fr24 is by default using a very old version.
                                Solutions to common problems for rtl_sdr / ADS-B stuff - wiedehopf/adsb-scripts

Comment

Working...
                                X