No announcement yet.

Help Setting Up Flightradar24 Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for taking the time to respond so thoroughly. That and your your flow chart say a lot about the problems.

However, as my needs are specific and far less complicated, I suspect you could have filled in the boxes in less time that it took to think out and write the response.

Maybe I should post a flow chart of what I am doing and you could tell me what I am doing wrong.

I think we have been over it enough that it should be working at least with trial and error on a few unclear steps that I suspect the problem is rooted in the inability to access the local host.

I have spent as much time trying every suggestion I can find for that and nothing works. Judging from the number of "fixes" out there, it seems to be a very common problem.

I have run the programs on several computers and they all have the same problem. There are 5 computers on my home wifi network and none of them can access the local host. Possibly a router issue but I can't find anything there either.

One problem is that not being able to access local host, I have no way of knowing how fr24 is set up.

Your thoughts?

Jack

Comment

It's more for a global benefit. The number of times the question comes up (this isnt the first thread) is substantial.

And no, no idea why your local webserver isnt going. It could be a number of reasons from conflicting software using the same port, or something preventing it running correctly (you are aware localhost re-routes to the ip of the PC you are on I assume) or something such as AV blocking it, firewall not allowing access after first run (security warning needs to be accepted) or something in your windows hosts file preventing it.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

May not help you but perhaps others

ADSB.jpg

I've done some basic tests and noted the BS and RAW options only really apply to input from non DVBT hardware/users.

When using a DVBT with dump1090 as the primary app --net ensure flow-on apps can access RAW/BS feeds from it

If bypassing other decoding apps and connecting direct to DVB hardware using FR24feed (not AVR TCP) the option in Fr24feed setup should also have --net entered and all RAW/BS options off

Originally I understood the RAW/BS=YES modes to do this for you when launching the MR-Dump1090 plugin, but it seems ignored and is mentioned to prevent them being enabled when using other standalone software before the FR24feed app which will cause 2 servers on 1 port.

This won't help your lack of http://localhost:8754 or http://127.0.0.1:8754 issue in particular. You'll have to find what in the local setup is causing that. But it does clarify the 2 primary methods people use to connect when they own DVBT
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

What is the difference between mr-dump and just dump 1090?

js

Comment

Like most gnu software he took original code, added error correction, fancy web output, more decoding and other enhancements to data output and different formats

Comment

I would like to get back to the basic problem which seems to be the inability to connect to local host when using the current version of FR24feed.

I have followed every suggestion I could find about dealing with this but nothing works.

When looking at the "radar view" there are no red planes and I get an error message saying tried 4 times to connect local host and gave up.

I get a similar response when clicking on the "Open web status/config" button in the tool bar icon.

A new data point suggests that it is not a systemic problem with my computer or network but something in the program that is causing it.

I suspect this because when I run the older version of Feeder, all the planes I can see on ADSBscope appear in red on the Radar View when I check LOCAL traffic (localhost).

Any hints there?

Jack

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber, Gems,
              Nature, Radio, Sheep, Sausage, Silver

Comment

Nope. Local traffic in radar view is simply opening the web 30003 equivalent output from the specified host. Which points to a configuration problem

But I still suspect multiple listening apps running at once. Be it duplicate copies of the same executable crashing and being re-run, or you having another joint app with similar web capabilities currently configured.

infact, if per my tested diagram you have no apps starting before fr24feed (and that is configured for DVBT) you need to have the --net command going

And please remove the earn money from advert redirects from posts
                Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-06-26, 07:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  Nope. Local traffic in radar view is simply opening the web 30003 equivalent output from the specified host. Which points to a configuration problem
                  OK but how do I deal with a config problem if I can not open the config status.

>ut I still suspect multiple listening apps running at once. Be it duplicate copies of the same executable crashing and being re-run, or you having another joint app with similar web capabilities currently configured.

Why is only the new feed program causing this problem?

>infact, if per my tested diagram you have no apps starting before fr24feed

What are you referring to here?

>(and that is configured for DVBT)

How do I determine that?

>you need to have the --net command going

How do I do that?

>And please remove the earn money from advert redirects from posts

What on earth are you talking about?

My sig line pointing to my other hobbies?

Good grief!

js

Comment

Originally posted by hikeofyourlife View Post
                    You can also set up FR24 to control the dongle (choice 1 instead of 4) and then in the output parts of the setup below that, choose a port number for output and set up ADSBScope to use that port in its client side same as you do with RTL1090.
                    I have a similar problem with PlanePlotter, want to share the data with my ID oder fr24feed and see local and remote data in PlanePlotter (more infos about my problem in my topic)

What do you mean with output part ? the part for the dump1090 ?
                    what do I have to insert there ?

Comment

Problem solved.

As per Nisbo's posting on the PP thread I changed the following:

In set up I said no to the questions about raw data and base station.

I added --net to the dump1090 arguments

In ADSBscope I choose Port 30002 for RDC (nothing new there)
                      and what made it work was selection Beast as the decoder instead of the obvious dongal choice.

I have no idea what any of this means or why it now works but I am probably too old to learn.

Thanks for the help,

Jack

Comment

Just so you are aware, this was actually portrayed earlier through my posts - which is what later lead me to have no further idea what was lacking on your configuration for it to not.

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

If bypassing other decoding apps and connecting direct to DVB hardware using FR24feed (not AVR TCP) the option in Fr24feed setup should also have --net entered and all RAW/BS options off
                        (and the image I made after doing this myself shows this)

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

--raw=BOOL - Defaults to “no” and decides whether or not the RAW data stream should be
                        available on port 30334 for all receivers but DVBT which uses port 30002 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Just so you are aware, this was actually portrayed earlier through my posts - which is what later lead me to have no further idea what was lacking on your configuration for it to not.
                          And so you are aware, I haven't a clew what is meant by most of that.

"If bypassing other decoding apps and connecting direct to DVB hardware using FR24feed (not AVR TCP) the option in Fr24feed setup should also have --net entered and all RAW/BS options off"

For example, what does --net mean and how would a beginner know how or where to enter it?

What does bypassing other decoding apps mean?

"--raw=BOOL - Defaults to “no” and decides whether or not the RAW data stream should be
                          available on port 30334 for all receivers but DVBT which uses port 30002 instead."

What on earth is one to make of --rawBOOL?

You need to thinkat a beginner level.

js

Comment

Its from the programming language.
                            In computer science, the Boolean data type is a data type, having two values usually denoted true and false
                            In this case BOOL means YES or NO, I am confused ^^

Is there an overview for all possible options ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nisbo View Post
                              Its from the programming language.
                              In computer science, the Boolean data type is a data type, having two values usually denoted true and false
                              In this case BOOL means YES or NO, I am confused ^^

Is there an overview for all possible options ?
                              http://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi/dump1090.html Under Parameters

Comment

thx, so its completly the same than for dump1090

does it mean that with
                                Code:
                                --lat <latitude>         Reference/receiver latitude for surface posn (opt)
                                --lon <longitude>        Reference/receiver longitude for surface posn (opt)
                                I can also change my position in my FR24 account ?
                                I assume this is in decimal

Comment

Working...
                                X