Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Setting Up Flightradar24 Software

Passenger
    Sticking with the first setup for now, the raw data is enabled and I have put 30334 into the Raw Data Client port of adsbscope but what goes into the other two ports on adsbscope?

js

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by k9act View Post
    Sticking with the first setup for now, the raw data is enabled and I have put 30334 into the Raw Data Client port of adsbscope but what goes into the other two ports on adsbscope?

js
    From memory nothing. You then chose the client mode only so the other options are ignored.
    To activate the radar display, go to Other > Network and select RAW-data Client active.

http://sonicgoose.com/how-to-setup-adsbscope/

Passenger
    Well, something is missing as adsbscobe does not run this way.

Also, seems like most of the info out there including the link you provided are older than the newer version of fr24 feed so they do not help much.

js
    Last edited by k9act; 2015-06-15 at 04:52.

Super Moderator
    Sticking with the first setup for now, I got as far as the RCD port on adsbscope but what do you put in the other two ports?

js
    Did you overlook my reply?

Nothing, they are the SERVER ports (for sending out data) which you are not going to need. Only for adding a 3rd app in the chain. As long as client is configured, and chosen as the receiver. It will get the data.

You may have to enable AVR out and not raw out on fr24feed however.

Passenger
    [QUOTE=Oblivian;

You may have to enable AVR out and not raw out on fr24feed however.[/QUOTE]

OK but that brings up another problem. I can almost never open local host. I was able to just before to enable raw but now
    it will not open to enable AVR.

Typically I get
    This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

When i try to connect. I have tried all sorts of suggestions from the web to fix this but nothing works.

Any ideas?

js

Super Moderator
    OK but that brings up another problem. I can almost never open local host. I was able to just before to enable raw but now
    it will not open to enable AVR.

Typically I get
    This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

When i try to connect. I have tried all sorts of suggestions from the web to fix this but nothing works.

Any ideas?

js
    Nope. I can load mine each time fine. Either you'll have something else opening the same port and conflicting or potentially multiple copies running at once (check task manager)

But if you are on windows you can also terminate it from running and just change the .ini file bs="yes" and raw="yes"

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Nope. I can load mine each time fine. Either you'll have something else opening the same port and conflicting or potentially multiple copies running at once (check task manager)

But if you are on windows you can also terminate it from running and just change the .ini file bs="yes" and raw="yes"
    Can't find a file called .ini but one called .txt has those settings already.

js

Passenger
    Here is another possible issue.

Adsbscope has a pulldown menue for the type of decoder and as the decoder is in FR24feed, I don't see anything relative.

The dongal is just working as a receiver as opposed to also decoder. Is this correct?

BTW, I can't find any relevant definition for AVR. What does it mean?

js

Super Moderator
    Here is another possible issue.

Adsbscope has a pulldown menue for the type of decoder and as the decoder is in FR24feed, I don't see anything relative.

The dongal is just working as a receiver as opposed to also decoder. Is this correct?

BTW, I can't find any relevant definition for AVR. What does it mean?

js
    You don't setup a receiver.

You configure it as it states to open the client receiver only.. IE no receiver directly attached, data provided via network.

To activate the radar display, go to Other > Network and select RAW-data Client active.
    And that text file is the .ini, they display as a text icon. As long as the raw and AVR options are =yes, configure the network client in adsbscope to localhost and 30003 (if on the same PC)

/edit actually its possibly a different port number. 30003 for normal data, 30334 for binary/raw or 30002 if using a USB stick

Theres not too many running this configuration, most run VirtualRadarServer for a better graphical view than ADSBscope
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-06-15 at 21:39.

Super Moderator
    adsbscope.jpg

As soon as you enable the tick in the RAW-data Client Active it ignores the decoder settings (and connect button will break things)

Note you can see in the status window the 'client: fehler 10060'

The ICAO/Regist bar only appears when it is ready to receive valid data also (be it from a decoder, or network data like I just clicked)

Clicking the status window enables/disables the listening as per the messages there.

From this point, it is a matter of changing the data type in network settings from normal to binary on the possible output ports FR24feed sends out that I have listed until you see stuff.
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-06-15 at 22:13.