Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second receiver requires second key?

Hi all,

I have a second RPi that I was using to build SD card images. Now that this is done, I want to turn it to a second receiver to place at the front of the building to increase coverage.

Can I run both using a single key or does it require its own separate key?

If the later, how do I obtain that second key? I have been all over the FR web site and have searched this forum but have been unable to find a way to do so that does not involve using a Windows application.

I'm not sure but I think you need second key because key is associated to Mac address.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Best to ask support, but potentially delete the config file to force re-creation and config again
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by mrcarlos View Post
        I'm not sure but I think you need second key because key is associated to Mac address.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
        This probably has no bearing on the need for a 2nd key but this association with a particular MAC address does not seem right. I have, for the last few years, been running my original feed from my Win desktop machine. I recently transferred this feed to an RPi and all I did was turn off the desktop app the and feed my existing key to the Raspberry. If the key had been tied to the MAC address of my desktop, that transfer should not have worked as clearly, the RPi has a different address.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Best to ask support, but potentially delete the config file to force re-creation and config again
          Nothing to reconfigure. I have yet to install fr24feed on this RPi yet. Was waiting for an answer to the key question.

Comment

Originally posted by agardk View Post
            Nothing to reconfigure. I have yet to install fr24feed on this RPi yet. Was waiting for an answer to the key question.
            In general yes, As using the same in different locations can lead to being ignored data (there are actions in place to prevent bad data/MLAT info and out false out of range positions)

However now you have clarified it is not yet running already, when you run it first time it should ask for a config to be created, including GPS details etc and will allocate a new key as part of the setup.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              In general yes, As using the same in different locations can lead to being ignored data (there are actions in place to prevent bad data/MLAT info and out false out of range positions)

However now you have clarified it is not yet running already, when you run it first time it should ask for a config to be created, including GPS details etc and will allocate a new key as part of the setup.
              I went into the now unused Window client, deleted the ini file and started it up to run the config to generate a new key. Got an error telling me that there was already a key associated with my account and if I need another to contact support. So I did. Great turnaround. Had the new key in a few hours.

Thanks all for your assistance.

Comment

Working...
              X