Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a ADS-B transponder - i have mostly on the aircraft I fly a normal transpon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a ADS-B transponder - i have mostly on the aircraft I fly a normal transpon

I am a ferry pilot - have now a Twin Otter in Gloucesterhire which I need to deliver to Ottawa in Canada . I am stuck because of this Ash nonsense.The only transponders i know are your typical transponder with S mode and C mode - what is this ADS-B transponder - i need to understand this better. How do I start a string on this site ??

Hope this helps................

Comment

A lot of information can be found on wikipedia

"Description
      An ADS-B-equipped aircraft determines its own position using a global navigation satellite system and periodically broadcasts this position and other relevant information to potential ground stations and other aircraft with ADS-B-in equipment."

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
        I am a ferry pilot - have now a Twin Otter in Gloucesterhire which I need to deliver to Ottawa in Canada . I am stuck because of this Ash nonsense.The only transponders i know are your typical transponder with S mode and C mode - what is this ADS-B transponder - i need to understand this better. How do I start a string on this site ??
        I still find this document very good:

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
        X