Aussie Radarspotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ylis View Post
    Hi airnrail and others - I see F-YDVR Docker River is still operating but it doesn't appear in the shared stats listings. I was thinking it might be like F-YPTN2 which shows the USA flag ... anyone got any ideas ??
    I don't consult FR24 stats much but I've not found them to be particularly reliable. Both of those are excellent feeders in very useful locations and curiously both are in the Northern Territory. F-YPTN2 does not seem to be active as much as F-YDVR1 but it's hard to tell with the way aircraft are often assigned to highly improbable feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
      RAAF Poseidon P-8A

First one of these Orion replacements I've seen. In the screen shot it's going from from Edinburgh SA to Amberley Qld. No doubt this aircraft will be blocked pretty soon, probably not by the RAAF but by FR24.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8727[/ATTACH]
      Alas no more P8's.....well not here anyway2017-10-19_18-16-35.jpg
      Last edited by nomad77; 2017-10-19, 07:20.

Comment

Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
        Alas no more P8's.....well not here anyway
        Not surprised.

On a similar theme, you don't see a lot of Dassault Falcons flying around Oz but the other day I spied one flying from Ayres Rock to Brisbane although initially that was an educated guess because it was just a generic callsign and a trail on FR24. Every other flight tracker though had full particulars of the both the aircraft and the flight and it does not appear that the operator of the aircraft has in any way requested blocking.

Amazing - blocked just because it is a corporate jet and yet now I notice that if you happen to own one that is blocked, FR24 will be pleased to unblock it for access on your business subscription - for a fee!

Comment

So your corporate jet is blocked automatically by type then you can pay for having it unblocked.
          No wonder they do not want to discuss it. All the flight data provided for free by feeders and the
          data base they use updated also by volunteers. Hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
            Amazing - blocked just because it is a corporate jet and yet now I notice that if you happen to own one that is blocked, FR24 will be pleased to unblock it for access on your business subscription - for a fee!
            The above implies that FR24 automatically blocks all corporate jets and unblocks them for a fee.

1. I may be wrong but I don't think FR24 automatically blocks all corporate jets (or other, civil registered types).
            2. There is a fee to block an aircraft using the "Express 24hr service" (which supports my above understanding). Or free for the slower service.
            3. Unblocking a blocked aircraft for the owner/operator's FR24 Business account is free. Additional aircraft incur a fee.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

I may be reading this incorrectly but I don't thinks FR24 automatically blocks civil registered aircraft.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
              The above implies that FR24 automatically blocks all corporate jets and unblocks them for a fee.

1. I may be wrong but I don't think FR24 automatically blocks all corporate jets (or other, civil registered types).
              2. There is a fee to block an aircraft using the "Express 24hr service" (which supports my above understanding). Or free for the slower service.
              3. Unblocking a blocked aircraft for the owner/operator's FR24 Business account is free. Additional aircraft incur a fee.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

I may be reading this incorrectly but I don't thinks FR24 automatically blocks civil registered aircraft.
              I think that based on my observations you are wrong I find it hard to accept that every C.Jet owner wants their
              aircraft blocked. Its also a pointless exercise since there are many sites available that do not filter any aircraft.
              However this whole subject seem to be "the elephant in the room" that nobody talks about.

Comment

Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
                I think that based on my observations you are wrong I find it hard to accept that every C.Jet owner wants their
                aircraft blocked. Its also a pointless exercise since there are many sites available that do not filter any aircraft.
                However this whole subject seem to be "the elephant in the room" that nobody talks about.
                I was specifically responding to airnrail's post about charging fees and what FR24 says publicly about blocking and unblocking.

Even if FR24 automatically blocks all corporate jets, it doesn't automatically charge a fee to unblock them for the owner/operator's Business account. However that may change.

Just made a check and CL60 HB-JRA 4B197E isn't "blocked". But all other currently tracked CL60's are. Checking some other types, all are blocked.

As I said, on reading what's published, FR24 should not be blocking all corporate jets. But that doesn't mean it isn't.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post

I've re-read the conditions for unblocking and you are right about the fee only applying to more than one aircraft. However to get a business account the owner either has to be an FR24 feeder (unlikely) or pay US $499 a year. My experience is that most corporate jets are not blocked by request of the operator (Flight Aware will often tell you if they are - they too charge fees but only for those that are owner blocked ) so unless you want it blocked why would you pay FR24 to track your plane when you can get it free on other trackers?

All corporate jets are blocked by type everywhere that I look on FR24 and it even extends to the likes of Boeing Business Jets (a 737 with a custom interior).

Comment

Qantas Jumbo returns to SYD

A Qantas jet bound for San Francisco returns to Sydney after pilots discover a "technical issue" about 90 minutes into its journey, with passengers claiming the flight was "ridiculously bumpy".

Comment

It's quite possible FR24 is automatically blocking certain types (though my CL60 example is an exception) in order to derive additional revenue. It's a profit driven business and who can blame it for seeking new revenue streams.

But one might argue that it should be up front in explaining this to those who buy its (now) restricted flight tracking apps and subscription accounts.

"Blocking

For security and privacy reasons information about some aircraft is limited or blocked. This includes most military aircraft and certain high profile aircraft, like Air Force One."

As an early adopter, I now use Fr24 less and its competitors more simply because so many flights are blocked on not displayed. But I still run my own hardware to feed various services, including PiAware to get unrestricted MLAT and local flights.
                      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

N522AX DC-10 Fire Tanker heading for Australia soon!
                        It's flying to Honolulu, Hawaii today.
                        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                          N522AX DC-10 Fire Tanker heading for Australia soon!
                          It's flying to Honolulu, Hawaii today.
                          Brian,

Thanks for the heads up. Just noted this aircraft currently doing circuits along with 'Birddog275' (a Rockwell 695A) around RAAF Base Richmond (NSW) where it seems it will be based for our current fire season. If I can pick up its callsign I'll post it here for those who might be interested.

DC10 ATC callsign 'Bomber912'

RAAF Richmond ATC frequencies: Tower 135.50, Ground 128.250, Approach 135.90 for those who may want to listen.

Regards,
                          Gregg
                          Last edited by fungus; 2017-11-02, 23:01.
                          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

N522AX Leaving Australia and heading back to United States.
                            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Six Lear Jets over central Australia

LearsX6_17AUG2018.jpg

Comment

Invasion. RUn, ,RUNNOW :P
                                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                                X