Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radar Coverage

Passenger

Radar Coverage

Hello all!

One month ago, I installed the F-LGAD1 station which is up and running.

After all I made two questions.
    1. Considering that my receiver is mounted indoor the temperature is higher by aprox 25 'C than the actual temperature.
    2. Although I have some aircrafts tracked, none of them are appeared on the main site of flightradar24 to be feeded by mine radar. I also applied a filter to show aircrafts from my radar only and guess! Map is empty

The strange is that aircrafts are showed to be tracked from radars farrrr away and not mine, even in case that passing exactly above me.

Quote Originally Posted by lgad1 View Post
    Hello all!

One month ago, I installed the F-LGAD1 station which is up and running.

After all I made two questions.
    1. Considering that my receiver is mounted indoor the temperature is higher by aprox 25 'C than the actual temperature.
    2. Although I have some aircrafts tracked, none of them are appeared on the main site of flightradar24 to be feeded by mine radar. I also applied a filter to show aircrafts from my radar only and guess! Map is empty

The strange is that aircrafts are showed to be tracked from radars farrrr away and not mine, even in case that passing exactly above me.
    1. Don't worry about temperature.
    2. Radar code shown on the map is irrelevant. Your radar is sending data and it is used by fr24 to place a/c on the map.
    3. Enjoy the hobby. You can use software like Virtual Radar Server, ADSBscope...etc to connect to your radar and see your radar coverage

Purser
    You can see what your receiver is doing with RadarView in Premium:

Red labels are local ADS-B traffic from your box.
    F-KDAG1

Perfect, i dont know this (Radar view), but i use Virtual Radar Server, this shows somes planes that do not appear on radar mode!, why this?
    F-SVPR1
    @josecmorales

Quote Originally Posted by josecmorales View Post
    Perfect, i dont know this (Radar view), but i use Virtual Radar Server, this shows somes planes that do not appear on radar mode!, why this?
    RadarView is web related (FR24) "radar screen" with option of showing planes covered with your radar in different colour.

You can find it here:

VRS is standalone program and connected to your box shows all planes covered (ADS-B, MODE-S (listed only) and BLOCKED).
    VRS needs updated bastation.sqb to show all plane info. You can look for it on the internet or you can use some kind of updater. (pb link ...etc)
    Last edited by Amper; 2015-04-30 at 06:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Amper View Post

VRS is standalone program and connected to your box shows all planes covered (ADS-B, MODE-S (listed only) and BLOCKED).
    VRS needs updated bastation.sqb to show all plane info. You can look for it on the internet or you can use some kind of updater. (pb link ...etc)
    ok, i saw this, but i made wrong question!, the question goes like this: Why in VRS i see airplanes that in Radarview i dont see (using check on local traffic), and on the general map of FR24, the others radars overlap mine?
    F-SVPR1
    @josecmorales

do you see them on the map or on the list?

If you see them on the map and they are invisibe on fr24, - they are blocked or hidden on fr24 map
    Blocking
    For security and privacy reasons information about some aircraft is limited or blocked.
    If you see them on the list,without position and/or speed - MODE-S only planes,and visible on FR24 map via MLAT - where covered by FR24 boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Amper View Post
    do you see them on the map or on the list?

If you see them on the map and they are invisibe on fr24, - they are blocked or hidden on fr24 map

If you see them on the list,without position and/or speed - MODE-S only planes,and visible on FR24 map via MLAT - where covered by FR24 boxes
    Ok copy that.

Another thing, why sometimes anothers radars overlap mine?
    F-SVPR1
    @josecmorales

Radars overlap all the time, everywhere. That is why we have MLAT and good coverage on FR24

Also, notice #2 here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post65843 in one of my previous posts

Purser
    Another thing, why sometimes anothers radars overlap mine?

I average about 200,000 hits a day. about 1/2% (approx. 1000) are in the immediate vicinity or directly over head. The vast majority are 50 to 100 NM out. I would estimate that more than 50% is MLAT. Depending on the geography of your area, you might be surprised at what you find if you go out about 100 NM. You'll be overlapping someone else.
    F-KDAG1