Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We have analysed the raw data from the transponder of #4U9525 and found some more dat

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    A question re data:
    I downloaded the CSV file with all the data a couple of days ago and I was wondering how you differentiate the obvious discrepancies in the data?
    For example, at 08:58 ground speed is shown as 152 kts by ID 8846 but as 11kts by ID 1948.
    Later in the flight, altitude is shown by different receivers as 1825ft by one and 9500ft by another. How do you know which is erroneous data and which is accurate?
    The CSV was created in a big hurry and contains data merged from 2 data sources, and one of the older data source had a time diff of about 4 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam26K View Post
    Mike, my opinion is that you have something huge here and you should protect it. So far none of the so called "Experts" from CNN's panels know anything about this tech.
    I was talking with a lady on CNN for almost 1 hour yesterday to explain the data in first post

Passenger
    @Mike, if am not mistaken european ATC secondary radar should routinely interrogate not only SELECTED ALTITUDE but also
    VERTICAL RATE and INDICATED AIRSPEED from register BDS 6,0 as well as TRUE AIRSPEED from register BDS 5,0.
    Did you try to extract those parameters from the raw data? I can imagine that those would be valuable data to establish the flight envelope and configuration of the aircraft.

Passenger
    Using "raw" data (*) taken from this site, I was able to reconstruct following 3d scene, which can be downloaded as a Google Earth KML file:

Looking closer, it looks like there's a discrepancy between expectdc impact site and actual impact site, which could lead to think to a final attempt to regain altitude:

But it can also depend on too coarse and approximate data. If exact altitude, longitude, latitude and time (with seconds) was available, I could reconstruct a much more precise scene.

(*) click on chart, write down altitude&speed, click on other point, write down,... and eventually grabbing data from HTML sources and manually converting them to suitable format...

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by henningz View Post
    He needed two seconds (actually three) to turn the button on the autopilot from 38000 ft to zero...

The MODE switch would be turned clockwise to 1000 (if it wasn't already selected), the ALT dial would be turned counter clockwise 2 times, landing on 13008ft during the first twist, then 100ft on the second. No doubt this is being replicated in a simulator somewhere.
    F-KDAG1

I have attached .kml file with full ADS-B data of flight 4U9525
    5d42675.kml
    Alternative link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5175572/5d42675.kml

and .txt file with ADS-B + ModeS data of flight 4U9525 with MACH, IAS, TAS, ROLL, VRATE
    GWI18G_mode_s+adsb.txt
    Alternative link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e_s%2Badsb.txt
    Please note that we are only 99% sure that IAS data has been correctly decoded.

Passenger
    @Mike the altitude in the kml file for the placemarks seems incorrect. For example at the highest point it's listed as 3800 meters in stead of 38000 feet. So there seems to be a zero missing and it is in Meters in stead of Feet. The other placemarks seem to be affected as well.
    Just wanted to let you know, thanks for all the data and effort, it's much appreciated!

First officer
    thanks, Mike.
    to you and your analysts. You all did a good but timeconsuming job

Passenger
    Calgary - Alberta, Canada (6KM NW of CYYC)
    thanks for providing this analysis
    FCYYC2 @can_kiwi

Purser
    09:30:17Z.905 ROLL: 0L TTRACK: 41 TAS: 450kt

The autopilot initiated a course change from 420to 250 30 seconds before ALT was manually changed.

New course of 250 was achieved as AC began descent.

09:38:17Z.046 ROLL: 0L TTRACK: 26

last ttrack data transmit at 13700 ft.
    F-KDAG1