X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRS is following

Comment

Originally posted by K5TED View Post
      Presently feeding to FA, FR24 and PP and my own FRS site.

Would be great if you would run PP to give a local MLAT MU/GS or feed raw to my PP site :-)

BTW, the existing FR24 MLAT spots on the trainers buzzing around is fascinating.
      I have a PP account on my windows machine but i dont use it often. Running FA and FR24 on pi. Btw how do i know my MLAT data on F24?

Comment

This is my cantenna... It gets aircraft data up to 360 miles. I have no amplifier.
        IMG_6001 - Copia.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by atairlines View Post
          This is my cantenna... It gets aircraft data up to 360 miles. I have no amplifier.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]6847[/ATTACH]
          That's good stuff! I had the same idea for a container but was going to put a QFH antenna in there and use the spindle to support it.

Comment

For ham-cum-adsb lovers:
            A combo installation of 2 meters J-Pole & 1090 Mhz Franklin:

hi everyone my Q is could someone tell me which is the best antenna i can have for a alinco dj-x3 receiver i will be putting it on my house chimney.I am only listening for air traffic and were planes are going to and fro. so can someone help please ;)

Comment

Captain...

As the 'man' that likes to play with Antenna's, I defer to your experience on a problem I am having with two antennas I have made.

The first is a 6 element co-ax collinear and the second a cantenna based on your instructions earlier in this thread.

The collinear is 6x 1/2 wave elements with additional 1/4 wave top and bottom slipped inside a UVPC 15mm tube and sealed.. the only co-ax available to me is either RG59 or RG6 both 75Ohm so the Antenna is made of the RG59 and the supply lead is RG6. (supply lead 9.3m).

The Cantenna is made using your instructions, drawings and measurements.

When connected to the RTL Dongle, both appear to be working fine in that I get loads of data coming in, however when I look at this data I notice that I am getting loads of Parity Errors, and therefore a lot of Garbage. I checked both Antennas and connections for any faults, shorts etc., none found so I can only put this down to excessive noise being picked up in my location.

What would you recommend, a home made Balun, if so how is the best way to make one or do I try ferrite beads to reduce the noise. Or, in your experience, is there another potential cause?

Thanks in Advance
              If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Comment

Your receiver might be overloaded with interference. Try to isolate it from other electronic devices. Enclosed it in a can or metal container and add a grounding on it. Add a filter to your gear. Pug your device it to an outlet that has noise reduction circuitry. Lastly, check your PiAware for some installation errors, corrupted files and missing commands.

Comment

Originally posted by skyspotter View Post
                  Your receiver might be overloaded with interference. Try to isolate it from other electronic devices. Enclosed it in a can or metal container and add a grounding on it. Add a filter to your gear. Pug your device it to an outlet that has noise reduction circuitry. Lastly, check your PiAware for some installation errors, corrupted files and missing commands.
                  Hi, thanks for the response... this is a DVT Dongle operating on a Windows PC, this is sitting on a clean power supply inside my property with 9.5m co-ax feed to the antenna on the roof. We have a Cab Office 1/2 mile away and my suspicion is that the cable is picking up the transmission noise from their Radio System.

I also have an FR24 Kit at the same premises, however to get that Antenna nice and high, I fitted 2x weather proof boxes on the roof and ran a 20m clean power line to the roof and a 20m Cat5 Cable so that it is all located at the foot of the antenna mast. This is not suffering from the noise.

I cannot do that with the Windows System as it's experimental and I constantly need access to the Antenna etc. to swap things about for testing..
                  If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Comment

Hey everyone! This is my CanTenna! Made with a Monster Energy Drink Can and plastic rice jar!

AiKm2ey3_guegMQfzj4mDDCLTiRM7RWfdc-JCpgJy0k4.jpg

I'll put this state of art in the roof with 10 meters coaxial cable, and I bought an amplifier for compensate the loss of signal. But, after seeing the projects, i realized that everyone put the amplifier inside the can right? So, if i put the amplifier in the line, like 1 meter after the antenna, i'll lose something or will be the same? Because as i'll put outside, i thought in put the amplifier right after the hole in the wall, but inside the roof, in the attic! It's ok, or is better put inside the can? Thank you
                    T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

Originally posted by dudesjp View Post
                      Hey everyone! This is my CanTenna! Made with a Monster Energy Drink Can and plastic rice jar!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7042[/ATTACH]

I'll put this state of art in the roof with 10 meters coaxial cable, and I bought an amplifier for compensate the loss of signal. But, after seeing the projects, i realized that everyone put the amplifier inside the can right? So, if i put the amplifier in the line, like 1 meter after the antenna, i'll lose something or will be the same? Because as i'll put outside, i thought in put the amplifier right after the hole in the wall, but inside the roof, in the attic! It's ok, or is better put inside the can? Thank you
                      You won't lose any substantial amount of signal with 1m of good quality coax. If that's the best option to protect or facilitate the installation, then it will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by K5TED View Post
                        You won't lose any substantial amount of signal with 1m of good quality coax. If that's the best option to protect or facilitate the installation, then it will be fine.
                        Good to know! It's the "easy" way i think, since the antenna fit almost exactly in the case! Let's see tomorrow
                        T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

And i'm back! Today arrived my line amplifier! And when I put him in the line to test, what happened? Nothing! I loose all the planes! I tried another cable, another conectors but nothing!

AmeOVbr2LSHTMxdZyzMEbV2ExBzHUnBOMPFs3O7WuArM.jpg

As you can see in the photo, says that give 20dB gain and operate in the range between 950 and 2150 MHz! Tried to reverse the sides, but nothing too! Any Ideas? Thank you!
                          T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

What power supply and bias-t are you using to power it, and depending on the antenna you are using you may need a DC blocker between it and the antenna.

Originally posted by dudesjp View Post
                            And i'm back! Today arrived my line amplifier! And when I put him in the line to test, what happened? Nothing! I loose all the planes! I tried another cable, another conectors but nothing!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7046[/ATTACH]

As you can see in the photo, says that give 20dB gain and operate in the range between 950 and 2150 MHz! Tried to reverse the sides, but nothing too! Any Ideas? Thank you!
                            FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
                              What power supply and bias-t are you using to power it, and depending on the antenna you are using you may need a DC blocker between it and the antenna.
                              Hey F-EGLF1, well, the seller said that this one don't need power supply! Maybe this? In the box have just this informations:

Technical specifications

- Line amplifier
                              - Gain = 20dB
                              - Frequency: 950MHz - 2150MHz
                              - Return loss : 18dB
                              - Noise figure : 3,5dB
                              - Impedance : 75 ohms

What can be? Thank you
                              T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

Working...
                              X