Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 EASY ANTENNAS FOR BEGINNERS

Quote Originally Posted by dudesjp View Post
    Hey everyone! This is my CanTenna! Made with a Monster Energy Drink Can and plastic rice jar!

Attachment 7042

I'll put this state of art in the roof with 10 meters coaxial cable, and I bought an amplifier for compensate the loss of signal. But, after seeing the projects, i realized that everyone put the amplifier inside the can right? So, if i put the amplifier in the line, like 1 meter after the antenna, i'll lose something or will be the same? Because as i'll put outside, i thought in put the amplifier right after the hole in the wall, but inside the roof, in the attic! It's ok, or is better put inside the can? Thank you
    You won't lose any substantial amount of signal with 1m of good quality coax. If that's the best option to protect or facilitate the installation, then it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by K5TED View Post
    You won't lose any substantial amount of signal with 1m of good quality coax. If that's the best option to protect or facilitate the installation, then it will be fine.
    Good to know! It's the "easy" way i think, since the antenna fit almost exactly in the case! Let's see tomorrow
    T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

And i'm back! Today arrived my line amplifier! And when I put him in the line to test, what happened? Nothing! I loose all the planes! I tried another cable, another conectors but nothing!

AmeOVbr2LSHTMxdZyzMEbV2ExBzHUnBOMPFs3O7WuArM.jpg

As you can see in the photo, says that give 20dB gain and operate in the range between 950 and 2150 MHz! Tried to reverse the sides, but nothing too! Any Ideas? Thank you!
    T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

First officer
    What power supply and bias-t are you using to power it, and depending on the antenna you are using you may need a DC blocker between it and the antenna.

And i'm back! Today arrived my line amplifier! And when I put him in the line to test, what happened? Nothing! I loose all the planes! I tried another cable, another conectors but nothing!

AmeOVbr2LSHTMxdZyzMEbV2ExBzHUnBOMPFs3O7WuArM.jpg

As you can see in the photo, says that give 20dB gain and operate in the range between 950 and 2150 MHz! Tried to reverse the sides, but nothing too! Any Ideas? Thank you!
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Quote Originally Posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
    What power supply and bias-t are you using to power it, and depending on the antenna you are using you may need a DC blocker between it and the antenna.
    Hey F-EGLF1, well, the seller said that this one don't need power supply! Maybe this? In the box have just this informations:

Technical specifications

- Line amplifier
    - Gain = 20dB
    - Frequency: 950MHz - 2150MHz
    - Return loss : 18dB
    - Noise figure : 3,5dB
    - Impedance : 75 ohms

What can be? Thank you
    T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Purser
    Hey F-EGLF1, well, the seller said that this one don't need power supply! Maybe this? In the box have just this informations:

Technical specifications

- Line amplifier
    - Gain = 20dB

What can be? Thank you
    Impedance mismatch? You have a 50 ohm system going through an LNA rated at 75 ohms.
    F-KDAG1

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
    Impedance mismatch? You have a 50 ohm system going through an LNA rated at 75 ohms.
    Hey Patrick! Didn't thought in this! So, buy a new one maybe? Or there's a way to change the impedance? Thank you
    T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Passenger

Your amplifier DOES need power

Technical specifications

- Line amplifier
    - Gain = 20dB

What can be? Thank you
    Hi,
    your amplifier is designed to be used for Satellite-Receivers for your home-TV.
    Those receivers are feeding the powersupply (I think about 15 to 18 Volts but please check the voltage because I do not have one) through the coaxial cable to the amplifier, hence the mention "don't need power".
    That means you may need also 1) An suitable powersupply 2) A power Injector and 3) A DC Blocker

Purser
    The amp you have- like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, IMO.

E-bay has a boatload of ~1000 MHZ 50 ohm amps, I've been looking at this one for my own project:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-20MHz-2-...3D321924700172

Plus 3 VDC power supply, injector, blocker, probably $30-40 all in.
    F-KDAG1

Quote Originally Posted by Velivole View Post
    Hi,
    your amplifier is designed to be used for Satellite-Receivers for your home-TV.
    Those receivers are feeding the powersupply (I think about 15 to 18 Volts but please check the voltage because I do not have one) through the coaxial cable to the amplifier, hence the mention "don't need power".
    That means you may need also 1) An suitable powersupply 2) A power Injector and 3) A DC Blocker
    Hey Velivole, thank you for the explanation! I have here a power injector that the guy from the satellite tv gave but I'm afraid about the current! Not even in the webpage says about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
    The amp you have- like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, IMO.

E-bay has a boatload of ~1000 MHZ 50 ohm amps, I've been looking at this one for my own project:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-20MHz-2-...3D321924700172

Plus 3 VDC power supply, injector, blocker, probably $30-40 all in.
    Really liked this one! But unfortunately the seller don't send to Brazil! And wich coaxial cable are you using? RG6 with 65% it's a good one?
    T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6