Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    More like every 3 seconds. Stats may only show by the hour

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Thank you
    T-EDDT38

Comment

More like every 3 seconds. Stats may only show by the hour
      every 5 seconds on Raspberry Pi, not 3. is it?

Comment

"No supported RTLSDR devices found" how to fix ?
        Mode-s receiver.

Comment

The step by step is now kind of defunct. There is an automated script that does the work for you

sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - xxxx://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
          Hi .
          I'm new here and a little confused about setting up a feed to FR24. Let's say I have a clean NOOBS installation (no Dump 1090 etc) on my Raspberry Pi3, all I have to do is to type sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - xxxx://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)" /xxxx for http as I can't post links/ and the script will take care of all the settings ? Or should I install PiAware instead of NOOBS ?

Thanks for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_mason View Post
            Hi .
            I'm new here and a little confused about setting up a feed to FR24. Let's say I have a clean NOOBS installation (no Dump 1090 etc) on my Raspberry Pi3, all I have to do is to type sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - xxxx://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)" /xxxx for http as I can't post links/ and the script will take care of all the settings ? Or should I install PiAware instead of NOOBS ?

Thanks for answers.
            Yes.

And it makes no difference. Both are aware of each other during setup
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The step by step is now kind of defunct. There is an automated script that does the work for you

sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
              Thanks for pointing out. Updated the method today (May 20, 2016). Please see the first post on page 1.

Comment

Yes.

And it makes no difference. Both are aware of each other during setup
                Thanks, will try it out when my Pi arrives from China :-)

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                  Thanks for pointing out. Updated the method today (May 20, 2016). Please see the first post on page 1.
                  The long method is still valid for anyone wanting to customise the Dump1090 edition. I think the packaged script is still their modified code version of -MR by default. But it does support a normal edition too if installed separately
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
                    I previously had issues with fr24 and.their version dump1090 not playing nicely with other sites. I have since wiped my Pi and reinstalled dump1090 manually. If I do the scripted setup with it install dump1090 again or just the.client.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewh_85 View Post
                      I previously had issues with fr24 and.their version dump1090 not playing nicely with other sites. I have since wiped my Pi and reinstalled dump1090 manually. If I do the scripted setup with it install dump1090 again or just the.client.
                      Not entirely sure. It puts them into different folders, and its able to find if you gave FAs install and use dump1090 running. So I would like to think so.

Give it a shot, its only a matter of adjusting the commandline in the config page to the running 1090 port if it tries to load it instead

Comment

My system is working trouble free.

I first installed Raspian Jessi Lite.

Then manually installed dump1090-mutability.

Then manually installed following data feeders:
                        1. Flightradar24 data feeder by following bash command:

Since I have already installed dump1090-mutability, the Flightradar24 bash script found it and did not install fr24 version of dump1090. It installed only the data feeder.

2. Flightaware data feeder as per instructions on their site.

3. Planefinder data feeder as per instructions on their site.

The version of dump1090 I installed is dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev due to its enhanced functionality, compared to the vanila dump1090 (Malcom Robson).

Recently I have posted the step by step method to install dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev here:

How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

Last edited by abcd567; 2016-05-24, 05:48.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                          My system is working trouble free.

I first installed Raspian Jessi Lite.

Then manually installed dump1090-mutability.

Then manually installed following data feeders:
                          1. Flightradar24 data feeder by following bash command:

Since I have already installed dump1090-mutability, the Flightradar24 bash script found it and did not install fr24 version of dump1090. It installed only the data feeder.

2. Flightaware data feeder as per instructions on their site.

3. Planefinder data feeder as per instructions on their site.

The version of dump1090 I installed is dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev due to its enhanced functionality, compared to the vanila dump1090 (Malcom Robson).

Recently I have posted the step by step method to install dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev here:

How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

Ran the script and its installed but having issues I think with the port as its not showing any aircraft.

I have the Malcolm Robb version of Dump and currently feed adsbexchange and 360radar which work fine.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service dump1090 status
                          ● dump1090.service - LSB: dump1090 initscript
                          Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/dump1090.sh)
                          Active: active (running) since Mon 2016-05-23 12:17:04 UTC; 22h ago
                          CGroup: /system.slice/dump1090.service
                          └─435 ./dump1090 --quiet --net --net-ro-size 500 --net-ro-rate 5 -...

May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: dump1090 started
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Found 1 device(s):
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: 0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN:...)
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: dump1090 initscript.
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Max available gain is: 49.60
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Setting gain to: 49.60
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Exact sample rate is: 2000000....z
                          May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Gain reported by device: 49.60
                          Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
                          pi@raspberrypi:~ $ service fr24feed status
                          ● fr24feed.service - LSB: Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
                          Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/fr24feed)
                          Active: active (running) since Tue 2016-05-24 10:23:06 UTC; 8min ago
                          Process: 7369 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/fr24feed stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                          Process: 7396 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/fr24feed start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                          CGroup: /system.slice/fr24feed.service
                          └─7413 /usr/bin/fr24feed -- --monitor-file=/dev/shm/fr24feed.txt --write-p...

Comment

Ran the script and its installed but having issues I think with the port as its not showing any aircraft.

I have the Malcolm Robb version of Dump and currently feed adsbexchange and 360radar which work fine.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service dump1090 status
                            ● dump1090.service - LSB: dump1090 initscript
                            Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/dump1090.sh)
                            Active: active (running) since Mon 2016-05-23 12:17:04 UTC; 22h ago
                            CGroup: /system.slice/dump1090.service
                            └─435 ./dump1090 --quiet --net --net-ro-size 500 --net-ro-rate 5 -...

May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: dump1090 started
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Found 1 device(s):
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: 0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN:...)
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: dump1090 initscript.
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Max available gain is: 49.60
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Setting gain to: 49.60
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Exact sample rate is: 2000000....z
                            May 23 12:17:04 raspberrypi dump1090.sh[399]: Gain reported by device: 49.60
                            Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
                            pi@raspberrypi:~ $ service fr24feed status
                            ● fr24feed.service - LSB: Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
                            Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/fr24feed)
                            Active: active (running) since Tue 2016-05-24 10:23:06 UTC; 8min ago
                            Process: 7369 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/fr24feed stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                            Process: 7396 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/fr24feed start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                            CGroup: /system.slice/fr24feed.service
                            └─7413 /usr/bin/fr24feed -- --monitor-file=/dev/shm/fr24feed.txt --write-p...
                            As long as its live, set your feeder config to AVR(TCP) and localhost:30002 (assuming the default raw out on 30002 is active) not DVBT or similar itll go.

Comment

As long as its live, set your feeder config to AVR(TCP) and localhost:30002 (assuming the default raw out on 30002 is active) not DVBT or similar itll go.
                              That sorted it thanks oblivian

Comment

Hey everyone! So, this week arrived for me the ProStick from FlightAware that they sent me for free, today I installed him in my Rpi system (T-SBCT5) and, after install the hardware part, I decided to do a new and clean instalation of the system. So I took off the SD card, donwload the Raspbian Jessie and install again. The problem is, I did the manual setup (as always) using the DUMP1090 mutability, and, after the configuration of the dump, when i ask for the Status, i receive the message "Active (Exited)" and not "Active(Running)" as was! And the system is not working! Like, if i got to the xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080 says that "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"! Any ideas?

Sem título.png
                                T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

Working...
                                X