Raspberry Pi:How To Install Raspian OS + Dump1090 + FR24 Data Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
    No, no, no. Use this instruction which is the latest and simplest from FR24: you link was here

Very confusing that you can find 3 different guides on FR24, and they don't seem to care
    Yes, quite confusing indeed - so will that install rutine also install drivers for the rtl-sdr DVB-T??

Comment

I guess noone noted I've edited most the first posts to include the scripted installer then...
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        I guess noone noted I've edited most the first posts to include the scripted installer then...
        Well sorry - I'm a newbie, I noticed nothing, I just started from the beginning of the "procedure" and worked my way through the steps, was that unnecessary if I'd had used the script installer?

Comment

You would still need to follow the steps to configure device and location etc. No avoiding that. But prior to the installer script it was fully manual. Add repository keys, apt-get update a number of apps and addons before compiling and installing

Got a link to the instructions you followed incase there was one I missed?
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I was able to install everything without any issue and I am able to access google map at ip:8080.

Whenever I click "Reset map" it resets the view to Europe. Is there a way to center the map over my actual location?

thanks

Comment

Needed to have specified the map locations in dump1090

re run: sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability
              if running mutability and specify map locations

--lat <latitude> Reference/receiver latitude for surface posn (opt)
              --lon <longitude> Reference/receiver longitude for surface posn (opt)

Comment

Hello,
                When i try to run Step#3
                sudo wget ****feed.flightradar24.com/raspberry-pi/fr24feed_1.0.12-3_armhf.deb "sorry, first post can't post URL"
                I receive this error below:
                HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
                2016-02-12 19:27:20 ERROR 404: Not Found.

This not the complete message. Can't post URLs.
                Has the URL changed?
                Any help on this would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by hartsell View Post
                  Hello,
                  When i try to run Step#3
                  sudo wget ****feed.flightradar24.com/raspberry-pi/fr24feed_1.0.12-3_armhf.deb "sorry, first post can't post URL"
                  I receive this error below:
                  HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
                  2016-02-12 19:27:20 ERROR 404: Not Found.

This not the complete message. Can't post URLs.
                  Has the URL changed?
                  Any help on this would be great.
                  The step by step is now kind of defunct. There is an automated script that does the work for you

sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"

Comment

The step by step is now kind of defunct. There is an automated script that does the work for you

sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - xxxx://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
                    Thank you. That worked. Completed the registration process. Do I need to do any of the other items that are in the step 3?

Took the "http" out to post.

Comment

Originally posted by hartsell View Post
                      Thank you. That worked. Completed the registration process. Do I need to do any of the other items that are in the step 3?

Took the "http" out to post.
                      Only if you wanted the web-view enabled. Which needs

--net --net-http-port 8080

Added to additional commands in the web config http://<yourpiIPgoeshere>:8754

Comment

Only if you wanted the web-view enabled. Which needs

Added to additional commands in the web config xxxx://<yourpiIPgoeshere>:8754
                        When I ran:
                        I received "command not found"
                        I can see a webpage with port:8745, but not 8080.

Comment

You need one to do the other. In the config page you see with the 8754. you need to add that command to the additional parameters field per the example and restart.

d1090config.jpg

Comment

You need one to do the other. In the config page you see with the 8754. you need to add that command to the additional parameters field per the example and restart.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7033[/ATTACH]
                            Thanks. That worked. I can see a map on 8080 and settings 8754. The map is centered on Europe. I look on how to center it on my location. California.
                            This weekend I will hook up the external antenna and I should get great results.

Thank you again for the great help...

Comment

Hi,
                              I am new user with Rasperry Pi.
                              It is true that the data will be sent only every hour?
                              T-EDDT38

Comment

More like every 3 seconds. Stats may only show by the hour

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X