VOR beacons - Exact Frequencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOR beacons - Exact Frequencies

Hello - I wonder if anyone here has the ACTUAL frequencies of the UK VOR beacon network. I'm doing some experiments to determine which beacons I can hear, with the aid of an Icom 8500 comms receiver and a PC program called ARGO, which allows you to see very weak signals.

I would like to know if the trace I see on the screen if the beacon I'm hunting, as opposed to another one. As the beacons are far too weak to hear the Morse ID, having the exact frequency is pretty much the only way to go, especially as I have an omni-directional antenna.

To start the ball rolling, I can tell you that the local CPT beacon is on 114.350313MHz. Although 0.313kHz high, it is at least, stable.

Anyone else looking to do this would be well advised to turn their receiver on several hours before you intend to measure anything that accurately.

Any help/discussion appreciated.

Originally posted by G4EFE View Post
    Hello - I wonder if anyone here has the ACTUAL frequencies of the UK VOR beacon network. I'm doing some experiments to determine which beacons I can hear, with the aid of an Icom 8500 comms receiver and a PC program called ARGO, which allows you to see very weak signals.

I would like to know if the trace I see on the screen if the beacon I'm hunting, as opposed to another one. As the beacons are far too weak to hear the Morse ID, having the exact frequency is pretty much the only way to go, especially as I have an omni-directional antenna.

To start the ball rolling, I can tell you that the local CPT beacon is on 114.350313MHz. Although 0.313kHz high, it is at least, stable.

Anyone else looking to do this would be well advised to turn their receiver on several hours before you intend to measure anything that accurately.

Any help/discussion appreciated.
    SAM - 113.35MHz

Skyvector dot com has all the necessary information that you require.

Cheers.

Comment

G4EFE,

I used to use the DAFIF which covered the whole world but is unfortunately now not publicly available. Perhaps there may be something useful on the following link although I haven't used it;

As Limpost has stated, skyvector is very useful for much of what you require, and more;

Make your Flight Plan at SkyVector.com. SkyVector is a free online flight planner. Flight planning is easy on our large collection of Aeronautical Charts, including Sectional Charts, Approach Plates, IFR Enroute Charts, and Helicopter route charts. Weather data is always current, as are Jet Fuel Prices and avgas 100ll prices.

Regards,
      Gregg
      Last edited by fungus; 2015-02-16, 01:47.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Thanks very much for the pointers, both. I'll take a look.

Regards - Martin

Comment

Working...
        X