Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft Icons

Captain
    Aircraft with missing icons;

B58T: Beech 58P Pressurized Baron
    BT36: Beech A36TC/B36TC Bonanza

First officer
    Some more aircraft with missing icons;

CT4: Pacific CT/4B Airtrainer (Light aircraft)
    A210: Aquila AT01 (Light aircraft)

Purser
    Missing icon:
    SB05: Saab SK60 / Saab 105 (Light twin engined trainer jet, used by Swedish air force)
    YK40 YAK 40 (rear mounted tri-engined jet)

Purser
    Missing icon:
    B703: Boeing 707, 4-engined jet airplane. (Looks like a tiny A340 when viewed from above)
    P28S: Same icon as P28A, P28B, P28R and P28U
    CH70: Small single engine prop airplane. (Same icon as C172?)
    Last edited by Belarnion; 2016-05-22 at 00:51.

Passenger
    same case with all medium size twinjet aircrafts. MD80s, DC9s, 727s, ERJs, CRJs, etc, etc...are depicted using same icon (the MD80). Any chance in the future to have more accurate icons??
    If is too much workload for FR24 team to make each icons...Im pretty sure that some members of FR24 community (including me) are willing to make the icons for you guys if you provide us with a template...

regards,
    B.

Flight attendant
    Barra da Tijuca, close to threshold 02 Jacarepaguá Airport (ICAO: SBJR), Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomberman View Post
    same case with all medium size twinjet aircrafts. MD80s, DC9s, 727s, ERJs, CRJs, etc, etc...are depicted using same icon (the MD80). Any chance in the future to have more accurate icons??
    If is too much workload for FR24 team to make each icons...Im pretty sure that some members of FR24 community (including me) are willing to make the icons for you guys if you provide us with a template...

regards,
    B.
    The 727 is a trijet and besides the size, their silhouttes are pretty much alike from above.
    Last edited by Windsurfmaniac; 2016-05-24 at 17:55.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomberman View Post

regards,
    B.
    I don't think it has ever been the intention to have icons for specific aircraft. The only airliner I know that has it's own icon is the A380 and that is only because there are no other planes that look like it. As it stands one can distinguish the smaller A320/B737 from their larger siblings the A330/B767/B787. There are different icons for the smaller twins that distinguish between rear engines and wing mounts. The quads like B747 and A340 share an icon. There are so few tri-engined planes that you would not bother. All the info one could ever need is available either in the label or the left data panel.

Flight attendant
    Barra da Tijuca, close to threshold 02 Jacarepaguá Airport (ICAO: SBJR), Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
    747s and A340s definitely don't share the same icon. The higher sweep back in 747 wings is quite notable on the silhouette of the aircraft's icon.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsurfmaniac View Post
    747s and A340s definitely don't share the same icon. The higher sweep back in 747 wings is quite notable on the silhouette of the aircraft's icon.
    My error. But does it really matter because everything FR24 knows about the plane is available somewhere on the screen at all times?

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by airnrail View Post
    My error. But does it really matter because everything FR24 knows about the plane is available somewhere on the screen at all times?
    Well, apparently it does matter to FR24 and most of the users. It's very nice to recognize an aircraft type without the need to click on it.