Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why fly over city creating noise ?

11.jpg

I hear a lot of flight traffic they go around 1000 feet over this 140,000+ populated area (ÖREBRO) just to make a turn?
    Why create more noise in an already noise pooluted area (City) and make people more negativ to aviation in general?

Are the traffic leaders just lazy or what is it?

Originally posted by mrtnsko View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5639[/ATTACH]

I hear a lot of flight traffic they go around 1000 feet over this 140,000+ populated area (ÖREBRO) just to make a turn?
    Why create more noise in an already noise pooluted area (City) and make people more negativ to aviation in general?

Are the traffic leaders just lazy or what is it?
    Give us a break. This is a planespotters forum - I don't think you'll get much sympathy here about aircraft noise.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
      Give us a break. This is a planespotters forum - I don't think you'll get much sympathy here about aircraft noise.
      I don't want your sympathy!
      I just wish to know why they fly the way they do. Nothing more.
      There is worlse problems in the world than noise, that I also know.
      I just asked here because somebody might know this and I didn't find any other place to ask.

Comment

Because its the approach boundry

Make your Flight Plan at SkyVector.com. SkyVector is a free online flight planner. Flight planning is easy on our large collection of Aeronautical Charts, including Sectional Charts, Approach Plates, IFR Enroute Charts, and Helicopter route charts. Weather data is always current, as are Jet Fuel Prices and avgas 100ll prices.

And they have restrictions

Maintain a height during approach where the noise emission
        reaching ground is below 70 dB(A) until on final. Restriction
        included in ATC clearance.
        Engine reverse should not be applied 2100–0600 (2000–
        0500).
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I don't even know the area or the airport, but just looking at that map I can see some hills on the left side of the airport, so they probably do the 'U-turn' over the city because there's no hills to fly into...
          Just a guess!
          toString - London, UK
          FR24 - T-EGLC55 / PiAware - toString / PlaneFinder - 9008
          Raspberry Pi B+ | Keedox DVB-T USB RTL-SDR [RTL2832U+R820T] | Stock Antenna

Comment

.... http://www.lfv.se/AIP/AD/AD%202/ESOE..._2_ESOE_en.pdf. Explains the procedures and restrictions (Note:2013 and not for operational use). The charts listed at the end of the AIP (the document I've linked) on the last page contain all the approach/departure procedures under 'related charts' if you want to try to locate those. I'm not going to attempt that here but those would indicate all the 'normal' flightpaths.

Regards,
            Gregg
            Last edited by fungus; 2015-02-08, 05:15. Reason: additional detail
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
            X