Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laws In India On Hosting ADS-B Receiver

Hello
    I am new to this forum, i have applied for the application to host the ads-b equipment i want to know if there is any law regarding hosting such equipments in india(i live in chennai) are there anyone who is hosting this equipment in india ? Have you faced any problems ?

Originally posted by harishrajan96 View Post
    Hello
    I am new to this forum, i have applied for the application to host the ads-b equipment i want to know if there is any law regarding hosting such equipments in india(i live in chennai) are there anyone who is hosting this equipment in india ? Have you faced any problems ?
    There are plenty of aircraft always visible over India on FR24 so I guess there are no laws forbidding it. It's a big country with lots of gaps in coverage so I'm sure any additional feeders would be most welcome.

Comment

There were a few Brits arrested about 5 years ago for Plane Spotting in India... as reported by Bangalore aviation.

Update 2 – 21 FebruaryTV channel News 9 showcased airplane spotting and the Aviation Photographers India in a video segment. See the video here.Update 1 – 17 FebruaryIn an effort to set…

Seems the Police were just unaware that this hobby existed and that people do this using high power binoculars, telescopes and camera lenses. Also goes on to talk about that they were using Real Time Virtual Radar using ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast) radar signals.

Most of the security agencies involved in the investigation have given clearance to the software.

That being said it's probably safe enough now.
      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Originally posted by harishrajan96 View Post
        Hello
        Whenever you are not sure, please follow these 2 rules.

Rule No 1:

If you are NOT sure DON'T ask any Civil Servant.

Rule No 2:

If Civil Servant is NOT sure, refer to Rule No 1 above.
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

its illegal to use ads-b receiver in India, last month I requested a ads-b receiver from fr24 and they despatched one, but unfortunately/fortunately it is detained by customs, they are asking me to obtain a licence from WPC.

According to Devesh Agarwal - google for 'ads-b receiver india legal' and click on second link (bangaloreaviation) go t comments - its illegal to use ads-b receiver in India.
          Last edited by mikmysore; 2015-07-02, 08:55.

Comment

You should contact FR24 support and see what they say.

There are many FR24 radios installed in India like this one.

www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Custom rules does not reflect the laws of the country. Custom rules are very different depending on person handling the import. We have been shipping many receivers to airlines in India and custom handling is everything between 1 day and 3 months depending on who is handling the package. Argentina is another country where customs are denying import of more or less all goods but where it's fully legal to use ADS-B equipment.

Comment

Maybe Fr24 can request information from DGCA,India or @mikemysore can file a RTI.
                ex-NZAL1

Comment

Freinds,

I had mailed the following queries to one of the officer of Airports Authority of India as I had no available information regarding the usage of AUTOMATIC DEPENDENT SURVEILLANCE – BROADCAST (ADS-B) equipment in India which are as follows :

1) Is it legal in India to host such ADS-B receivers supplied by Flight Radar 24?

2) Do I have to take a legal licence from Wireless Planning & Coordination Wing, Department of Communications, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, which is a specialized agency of Government of India dealing with functioning of such instruments?

3) There is also a report from Times of India (dated 31-OCT-2015) [titled : Kolkata: Rooftop sensors for flight tracking app) [JUST TYPE IN GOOGLE SEARCH : KOLKATA ROOF TOP SENSORS FOR FLIGHT TRACKING APP TIMES OF INDIA) that individuals are hosting such devices at their homes. I don't know the technical specifications of this instrument, so it is important that information on such an instrument is taken from competent authority.

But the reply from officer from Airports Authority of India suggested me that the query is not within the scope of Airports Authority of India, but it falls under the scope of Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and the the answers to the above query can be sought by filing Right To Information (RTI) application with DGCA.

So, I request forum members if you require the above information, please file an RTI application (apply online or by physical mode) with DGCA and please don't forget to post the answer received by way of RTI on this forum as soon as possible so that other forum members can know the rules and regulations on usage of ADS-B equipment.

Comment

Working...
                  X