Two FR24 feeds at once ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two FR24 feeds at once ?

I'm currently updating my RPi software to the latest versions on a test RPi, whilst leaving my main RPi feeding FR24. (This one doesn't like being disturbed )

As I have two antennas in separate places and two RTL dongles I'd like to know if it's ok to simultaneously run both machines uploading data to FR24 with the same key ?? This would save the hassle of shutting down my main RPi feed when I want to do some work on the test RPi ?

Thanks

John
    T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

I can not answer your question about two feeds with the same key. however, I do run two raspberry pi's feeding FR24 by using VirturalRadarServer (on a PC) to combine the feeds from the two pi's into one feed to FR24.

Comment

Originally posted by milair View Post
      I'm currently updating my RPi software to the latest versions on a test RPi, whilst leaving my main RPi feeding FR24. (This one doesn't like being disturbed )

As I have two antennas in separate places and two RTL dongles I'd like to know if it's ok to simultaneously run both machines uploading data to FR24 with the same key ?? This would save the hassle of shutting down my main RPi feed when I want to do some work on the test RPi ?

Thanks

John

May try this ... https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...messages/91820
      T-ZSSS32 F-ZSSS1 force shutdown by local regulation

Comment

Originally posted by tvengineer View Post
        I can not answer your question about two feeds with the same key. however, I do run two raspberry pi's feeding FR24 by using VirturalRadarServer (on a PC) to combine the feeds from the two pi's into one feed to FR24.
        That's interesting as I also use VRS to look at what other A/C are around that are not transmitting their full codes, F15's, C130's, Apaches, Police Choppers etc. Never knew VRS could feed FR24 though? I've emailed FR24 support to see if they can answer the question.

John
        T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

Originally posted by milair View Post
          That's interesting as I also use VRS to look at what other A/C are around that are not transmitting their full codes, F15's, C130's, Apaches, Police Choppers etc. Never knew VRS could feed FR24 though? I've emailed FR24 support to see if they can answer the question.

John
          VRS has the ability to accept multiple receiver sources. And also a re-broadcast/30003 output function that the FR24 app listens for

In that respect, you can add 2 receivers and use the output from VRS to upload.

If you are referring to using the same share key at 1 location (on 2 upload sources) or 2 different locations, less than ideal
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I am sorry.. I could have been more clear... Yes VRS combines the feeds and re-broadcasts on port 30003... then the FR feeder software on one of the Rpi's connects to that to feed FR24..
            Pi#1 runs DUMP1090 AND FR24 feeder software.. Pi#2 just runs Dump1090... VRS connects to both PI's via Dump1090 and combines the feeds... then the FR24 feeder software on PI#1 connects to VRS to feed FR24.
            If I don't want to run the PC and second reciever.. I can just modify the feeder on PI#1 to connect to itself and be right back to a single reciever feed.

Comment

Working...
            X