Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No flightinfo on the left of the screen when clicking on a plane

Hello,
    I have since a few days the following prbl: when clicking on a plane, there is a blank appearing on the place of the flight informations, with a running circle. I close the action.
    When I click a second time on an other plane, nothing appears; no reaction of the system.
    My pc runs Vista 32b.
    Does anyone have an idea about the prbl and its solution?
    Thank you much for the response.
    Kermit1906

Hi Kermit1906,

Using Chrome 39.0.2171.95 m on a similarly old and unsupported version of windows (XP SP3) on 32bit I haven't experienced this today. The flight info panel comes up fine.

Is it still reproducible for you after a logout and/or a machine restart?

What browser are you using? Is it reproducible in other browsers?

Comment

Hi jfrench,

Thanks for the answer. My browser is Explorer 9.0.34 / Pc Win Vista 32b.
      I don't have the enounced prbl with Win7 / Explorer 11.0.15, on an other pc
      I think the prbl appears after an auto-updating of Microsoft.
      Other idea ?
      Thanks and happy new year!
      Kermit1906

Comment

IE is not recommended for use on FR24
        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Hi, I am also experiencing the same problem on my office PC. It's running on Windows 7 SP1 x64 and I am using IE9.
          However, I don't have any problems accessing Flightradar24 on my home PC, running on Windows 8.1 x64 and using IE11.

So could this be an IE9 problem?

Comment

As said....yes

Comment

Hi,
              Thanks, Amper, but till this month I never had any prbl with IE9. I appreciate your recommendation.
              So, lasfny, I think it's an IE9 prbl since an automatic "cumulative security update for IE9 with Vista" on DEC 22, indeed.
              Thanks to you both for your remarks.
              Kermit1906

Comment

with all due respect....Bill Gates doesn't use IE

Comment

Hi Kermit1906,

Yes, in my opinion your best best is to use Firefox and/or Chrome with FR24, or any other websites which use more sophisticated ways of rendering or manipulating the page contents. You'll also likely see better performance and less draw issues.

Sure, it's possible a regular IE update exposed your draw issues, or its possible that FR24 is adding features to the underlying platform architecture, that older or even newer versions of IE do not support.

Happy flying and best wishes.

Comment

Hi jfrench,
                    Thanks for your comments above. ...All possible sources of prbl in my case with IE9+Vista. Finally, it's without importance.
                    I'll use the other pc (Win7+IE11) to let and run FR24.
                    If I identify the origin of the prbl, I'll post it, although I am sure somebody must know the why and how of this disfunction.
                    Ok, we look further ahead and happy new year to everyone reading my post!
                    Kermit1906

Comment

FR24 does not support IE just because it's slow and strange things happen on IE. We recommend Chrome, Firefox and Opera and will not put time on investigating something that we do not recommend using. Microsoft themselves are not satisfied with IE as Microsoft is talking about making a completely new browser for next version of Windows.

Comment

Ok, Mike, it's clear ! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
                          IE is not recommended for use on FR24
                          It would have been nice to know this before purchasing the 1 yr subscription to use FR24

Comment

It's listed on this FAQ page.

What web browser should I use to watch Flightradar24.com?
                            Flightradar24 depends heavily on the use of JavaScript/AJAX and works best with fast web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera. We especially recommend Chrome as it is the fastest browser in handling JavaScript. Internet Explorer is handling JavaScript slower and is not recommend for use with Flightradar24. There is no support for Internet Explorer 6 or 7. Neither Flash or Java is needed or used on Flightradar24.
                            The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

&

It was also posted on this thread about not recommend Internet Explorer browser.

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-post-on-forum!
                            Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2015-01-04, 00:33.
                            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Hi Guyh, OK I know, I am stupid !!
                              But I didn't have any problem with IE9 till 3 weeks ago!
                              Now, no prbl with Win7 and IE11 on an other pc.

I think everything has been said in this matter and I close it here !
                              Sunny sunday everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X