Thread: DUMP1090 on Windows: no map display in browser

Passenger
    Execute:
    dump1090.exe --net --net-http-port 8080 --interactive

Then enter in the browser
    127.0.0.1:8080

Passenger
    Try this

I loaded each file into notepad and did a save-as but changed the encoding from ANSI to Unicode,
    I had to do this for each .js file and the .css file.
    The other thing I noticed was that under win7 the security setting when you opened the properties dialog was set to blocked for most of the .js files, however selecting unblock and restarting did not help, it only worked after changing the encoding.
    I also tried a new installation using WinZip, however that did not work either.(the encoding was still wrong)
    It looks like the files had the wrong encoding from the start.
    Again many thanks for solving the mystery.
    Ben.
    Its from this Board but i cant posting Links atm.

Passenger
    Wolli,

Thank you! I could not for the life of me figure out why this was not working! I downloaded this just tonight (04-19-2016) and when I unzipped it I had the same result: the web interface would not load past what you had experienced. I had initially used the built-in Windows Zip tool (Windows 10), but I also tried unzipping with 7-Zip with the same result. I had to do as F-EGLF1 explained.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Matthew

Passenger
    Ben (F-EGLF1),

Thank you for the clear explanation on how to easily change the encoding, everything works like a charm now!

Cheers,
    Matthew

@mjh8154: Matthew, glad you could solve this problem using the above stated hints. Have a good time, and cheerio from Germany, -Wolli-

Passenger
    Amazing, I just ran into this problem as well. I was running fine on Win7 and was installing fresh download on a Win10 box - thought it was a Win10 problem! So grateful for this thread.

I just now burned Pi24 image (FR24's Jessie Lite with built-in data feeder) on my microSD card, inserted card in RPi, booted, configured FR24 feed, and started feeding data. So far so good, but when I want to see gmap.html in Browser on my windows Desktop by http://<IP address of RPi>:8080/, it does not show the page, I tried http://<IP address of RPi>/dump1090/gmap.html, but no success. Any ideas?

EDIT:
    Checked contents of directory public_html, all files are there.
    Code:
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ dir /usr/lib/fr24/public_html
    config.js     gmap.html       script.js     
    coolclock     options.js      style.css     
    extension.js  planeObject.js
    Last edited by abcd567; 2016-07-21 at 18:51.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    I just now burned Pi24 image (FR24's Jessie Lite with built-in data feeder) on my microSD card, inserted card in RPi, booted, configured FR24 feed, and started feeding data. So far so good, but when I want to see gmap.html in Browser on my windows Desktop by http://<IP address of RPi>:8080/, it does not show the page, I tried http://<IP address of RPi>/dump1090/gmap.html, but no success. Any ideas?

EDIT:
    Checked contents of directory public_html, all files are there.
    Code:
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ dir /usr/lib/fr24/public_html
    config.js     gmap.html       script.js     
    coolclock     options.js      style.css     
    extension.js  planeObject.js
    Whats the log report on service start? They may have the --net toggle off by default to save new user confusion?
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    Did you check the encoding of the html files as noted in an earlier reply?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrarunner View Post
    Did you check the encoding of the html files as noted in an earlier reply?
    I think what he is doing is real-life testing (as a normal user would) to see what does and doesn't work. We know of the fix and manual install process, but there seems to be some issues with the out of box experience I suspect hes trying to raise with someone to take notice and fix
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers