Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't receive any signal

Hello,

I have a little problem with my TV dongle.
    I installed the driver and follow the installation procedure, but when I run RTL1090 and push "start"

First, it loads

888728Demarrage1.jpg

But after he receives no signal

286879signal1.jpg

Someone would have an idea? thank's

Seems its finding the usb dongle ok. Set the TUNER AGC to off and slide the bar to the right to set the highest gain, reducing the gain untill it receives reliably. Also set the bottom tab to list to see raw messages
    Mike

I take it you are using a purpose built antenna for ADSB and not the short supplied antenna - you must cut this antenna to 69mm and it will work if its placed on a window ledge

Comment

I try that, but it still doesn't work :/

The antenna is that of the dongle. see below

WP_20141214_007.jpg

Comment

The antenna you show has a double coil on top ?? from what I see. Measure from the magnetic base up 69 mm and cut off the top coil
        Also get something metal to sit the antenna on, a jam jar lid or something for a ground plane
        Mike

Comment

Hello,

So I stripped the wire and cut a copper wire to 69mm accurately. I connected ground on an iron piece. Is assembly correct?

WP_20141219_009.jpgWP_20141219_011.jpg

I also tried to use another type of antenna by looking plans on the internet.
          WP_20141219_007.jpg

but it changes nothing. Within 2 fixtures, no signal appears. I wonder if it does not come from the dongle!

Comment

slowly start reading this..... http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...1-best-antenna
            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

The subject is still more than 100 pages. Also in the first pages the link is mentioned in the posts does not work. Is there a way to check if the dongle decodes wrong, or if it really comes from the antenna?

Comment

Dylan, when you run RTL1090, at the top click the "test" button. That will give the receiving range of the dongle. Also make sure that the button "mode S /AC is on mode s.
                Mike

Comment

It shows that

sinaux.JPG

Comment

I tested on another computer and nothing appears too. I think I'll buy a new dongle

Comment

maybe stupid question....but did you put your antenna outside? Is there any traffic over you on FR24 map?
                      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Yes it is outside, and there are planes around

Comment

Dylan when you say you installed the drivers for the dongle, do you mean that you installed ZADIG.EXE
                          Or do you mean from the supplied cd

I use this dongle, I find it decodes the most data, is more sensitive in 1090 mhz

Mike

Comment

Yes they are the drivers of zadig.
                            I think I'll buy the dongle you showed, at least I would be sure that it works. just, did you build an antenna or the antenna provided is good?

Comment

The antenna that comes with the dongle needs to be trimmed down to 69mm. It should work ok for a start, but you will need to get an antenna outside to get more range. The easiest way to get your antenna outside is to extend the usb cable and put the dongle outside on the mast, that way you are not extending the coax to the antenna which will cause lots of loss of signal
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X