X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 Feeder app aircraft captured number verses Basestation

Hello,

Very long time RF24 feeder, can anyone explain this for me

My Basestation always shows far more aircraft captured than is reported by the FR24 feeder app, an example right now:

BS = 60 Aircraft
    FR24Feeder = 20

Is that correct?

Feeder app details are*
    GND: YES Mode-S: YES
    Protocol: upd
    Basestation: OK [20 AC]
    Network: OK [0.00MB/0.00MB]
    Info: N/A
    TX/AC Loss: 0.0%/0.0%

*But please note I had just restarted my computer 20 mins before these details, so data very new (if that matters)

Also I never seem to get used as a feeder on the website, if I filter to only show my radar nothing ever shows up, living in Cambridgeshire with plenty of traffic something seem odd. When I log in to my account I can never see any stats or info regarding my feed like I have seen mentioned.

Am I wasting resources feeding for what seem no point? Be great to sort if anything needs sorting or to know all is good

Cheers

I think...
    BS is showing all planes
    FR24 shows ADSB equiped planes
    also..bs is maybe keeping plane...let's say 60sec after loss of signal and fr24 is not....
    not sure

You are not wasting your resources feeding fr24. Your data is used and Radar code shown on the map is irrelevant and random.
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
      I think...
      BS is showing all planes
      FR24 shows ADSB equiped planes
      also..bs is maybe keeping plane...let's say 60sec after loss of signal and fr24 is not....
      not sure

You are not wasting your resources feeding fr24. Your data is used and Radar code shown on the map is irrelevant and random.
      With the greatest respect, I think the Radar information is, or should be relevant, & doesn't seem to be random from tests I've done here!
      I also use the data from port 30003 to asses my equipment, also the diagrams on the website/account section are brilliant!
      I may be a bit of an oddball, but I like to see how I'm doing with my feed, and it would be a cool thing to have planes change colour when your feed is being used! (IMHO)
      James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
      T-EGCC125
      http://www.ukjay.co.uk

Comment

Thank you both Amper and ukjay

Understood on the BS verses FR24 app, great I am not wasting resources.

I, like ukjay, think my radar information should be relevant and would like to see how my feed is doing, I also would view statistics, ukjay where do you see diagrams on the website? If go to MY ACCOUNT and FEEDS I see my feed as

Radar: T-EGxxxx Status: Online Last upload (~5min): 2014-12-07 16:07:29

and thats all, nothing underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by memememe View Post
          Thank you both Amper and ukjay

Understood on the BS verses FR24 app, great I am not wasting resources.

I, like ukjay, think my radar information should be relevant and would like to see how my feed is doing, I also would view statistics, ukjay where do you see diagrams on the website? If go to MY ACCOUNT and FEEDS I see my feed as

Radar: T-EGxxxx Status: Online Last upload (~5min): 2014-12-07 16:07:29

and thats all, nothing underneath.
          Hi me,
          It may be because you haven't been on long enough yet?
          I click on more info....
          moreinfo.JPG
          James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
          T-EGCC125

Comment

What the, huh?

Never seen that in 2 years+, been short changed. Thanks for letting me know Jay, I am onto support!

Comment

Originally posted by ukjay View Post
              With the greatest respect, I think the Radar information is, or should be relevant, & doesn't seem to be random from tests I've done here!
              I also use the data from port 30003 to asses my equipment, also the diagrams on the website/account section are brilliant!
              I may be a bit of an oddball, but I like to see how I'm doing with my feed, and it would be a cool thing to have planes change colour when your feed is being used! (IMHO)
              1. How to show, all 20 or more radars covering my...or your area, on the website?
              2. Planes DO change color when in range of your radar.....in radarview

Comment

Dont understand 1 but 2 thanks I'll have a look !
                James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
                T-EGCC125

Comment

It turns out I do not get the <more Info> button as part of my account > your feeds as I am using the older Windows sharing Program V232. You have to be using the new BETA software <fr24feed_win32-1.0.7-3.zip>

Jay can you confirm you are using the new Beta software on your set up?

Cheers again

Comment

More info is only possible with beta version

Comment

Thanks

Therefore trying to set up the new software, am I missing something? As a SBS user and PP user/sharer I need the Basestation open but the new Beta software server that function to but they can not both connect?

How would I keep BS and PP open and use the new software at the same time, as I have been doing with FR24 older software (I know the new software does more)

Cheers for any help people

Comment

Better seeking help from Piotr in the beta thread.

I'm not sure it works with BS units. I think you will have to setup the direct connection to the receiver -> Fr24feed -> PP (via TCP) - BS (via 30008 or similar)
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Ok, thank you I will ask in the beta thread - thank you all very much.

Comment

Originally posted by memememe View Post
                            It turns out I do not get the <more Info> button as part of my account > your feeds as I am using the older Windows sharing Program V232. You have to be using the new BETA software <fr24feed_win32-1.0.7-3.zip>

Jay can you confirm you are using the new Beta software on your set up?

Cheers again
                            Yes, but not windows - blowing raspberries here :-)
                            James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
                            T-EGCC125

Comment

This has been discussed many time on the forum. Please use search.

Comment

Working...
                              X