Airnav Radarbox Antenna extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airnav Radarbox Antenna extension

Hello I am new to radarbox and I would like to know if it is possible to extend the antenna that is supplied in the kit. Basically is it possible to extend the antenna cable ? Many thanks

You can extend the cable but the extra length and connectors will degrade the signal. You will also need to use low loss coax cable.

Where do you want to place the antenna? There are external antenna kits with low loss cable or, if you search the forum, you will find numerous suggestions for building an antenna.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hi Mike thank you for the info. My Radarbox is on order so I'm not sure how long the existing cable is but I know I'll have to extend it slightly to attach it to a pole just out of the window where my computer is to get better reception. What thickness is the cable that it comes with ? Eventually I will get a proper external antenna but I just need to extend it for the time being.

Darryn

Comment

From memory the coax length is approx 2 metres and the thickness is 6mm.

When your RadarBox arrives you can check how much extension you need and then consider this "patch lead" from Taylor Made RF:

I have used this cable before and it's great for threading through a wall as the connectors can be removed.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

That's the perfect solution I'm looking for thank you very much. What type connectors would I need for the cable ?

Darryn

Comment

Originally posted by Darryn View Post
            That's the perfect solution I'm looking for thank you very much. What type connectors would I need for the cable ?
            Again, from memory, SMA male and female. Wait until the RadarBox arrives to make sure.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Many thanks for the info really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darryn View Post
                Hi Mike thank you for the info. My Radarbox is on order so I'm not sure how long the existing cable is but I know I'll have to extend it slightly to attach it to a pole just out of the window where my computer is to get better reception. What thickness is the cable that it comes with ? Eventually I will get a proper external antenna but I just need to extend it for the time being.

Darryn
                Oh my God !

How can you wasted your hard earned money on that crappy RadarBox that my Cats wont pooh on ?

You are better off changing the money into coins and throw them into the pond - for each throw you hear a "toom" sound.
                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
                X