Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar24/Thomson Airways

Hi,
    Have noticed over the last few days that many Thomson Airways flights are not showing flight details on flightradar24 including origin and destination airports as well as actual departure time from origin airport. Is there any particular reason for this, or just a glitch in the system?

The above applies to clicking on both airports used by Thomson's and their aircraft fleet.

Regards
    Mark

Possibly because FR24 doesn't get Thomson charter flights from its online routes provider. And compounded by the switch to winter flight schedules.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
      Possibly because FR24 doesn't get Thomson charter flights from its online routes provider. And compounded by the switch to winter flight schedules.
      Many thanks for your reply, but not sure you are correct, as this has only been happening in the last few days after Thomson had already changed over to their winter schedules.

Regards
      Mark

Comment

FR24 gets its routes from an online provider. If no routes are shown, either the transmitted flight ID doesn't match the flight number (as used for tickets and airport boards) or the provider doesn't have the flights.

I think my first suggestion is valid.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

FR24 gets its routes from an online provider. If no routes are shown, either the transmitted flight ID doesn't match the flight number (as used for tickets and airport boards) or the provider doesn't have the flights.

I think my first suggestion is valid.
          I'm not questioning the 'mechanics' of flightradar24, but can only speak as I have noticed on flightradar24 over the past week - especially since last Wednesday!

Comment

And I'm only trying to provide an answer to your question:

"Is there any particular reason for this, or just a glitch in the system?"
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

And I'm only trying to provide an answer to your question:

"Is there any particular reason for this, or just a glitch in the system?"
              And many thanks for your response.

Regards
              Mark

Comment

Hi,
                Just an update to mention that Thomson flight details have been displayed as normal on flightradar24 over the past two days. So clearly a glitch in the system for a few days, as details were previously being displayed without a problem on commencement of winter schedules!

Regards
                Mark

Comment

Anmer have given you a correct answer to your question. This applies to all charter flights, not just Thomson.

Comment

Hi,
                    Not wishing to get into a major argument here - but please note that I have only reported as I have found using flightradar24 during the past seven to ten days and since commencement of the current winter schedules!

Whilst I appreciate that if either the transmitted flight ID doesn't match the flight number (as used for tickets and airport boards) or the provider doesn't have the flights, then yes this would create a loss of valid displayable data, especially if it where the case that information between service planning systems/diagrams and final version timetable databases does not agree. Something which I've had first hand experience of sorting out elsewhere in the transport industry. However a 'valid' version (either short term or long term) of this information must have already been uploaded to flightradar24, otherwise Thomson flights (for example) would not have displayed full flight details during the first few days of operation of the current winter schedules!

Regards
                    Mark

Comment

Default charter airline behavior is that data is missing. If sometimes there is data coming in that is just a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Default charter airline behavior is that data is missing. If sometimes there is data coming in that is just a bonus.
                        An 'interesting' response, bearing in mind that I have followed a number of both charter and scheduled operators presenting full data details on flightradar24 for sometime!

Comment

Working...
                        X