GND: YES
    Mode-S: NO
    Protocol:TCP
    Basestation: OK [00 AC]
    Info: - too few aircraft, at least 2 required
    Network:OFF
    TX/AC Loss 0.0%/0.0%
    That is why.

You have configured it incorrectly (not receiving the right signal) or are in an area where not enough aircraft are sending data. When it receives > 3, it will only then enable network and register
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      That is why.

You have configured it incorrectly (not receiving the right signal) or are in an area where not enough aircraft are sending data. When it receives > 3, it will only then enable network and register
      Make sure your antenna has a good view of the sky ... the two planes also need to be transmitting ADS-B signals ... so the system may need to see a few more to get the two it meeds.

Comment

I live in an area that traffic can be very limited to one or two aircraft over a certain period of time. Is it possible to re-configure the FlightRadar24 feeder software to accept only sending data for one aircraft?

Comment

Originally posted by CYBX View Post
          I live in an area that traffic can be very limited to one or two aircraft over a certain period of time. Is it possible to re-configure the FlightRadar24 feeder software to accept only sending data for one aircraft?
          Make sure your antenna has a clear all round view of the sky - the signals are line of sight and even the little mag-mount antenna has a range of 100km or so. Leave it running it should catch something sometime.

Comment

I will be investing into a new antenna. Only a few times have planes been picked up. Lots of trans Atlantic traffic tonight overhead so a bit more being sent in.

Comment

I will be investing into a new antenna. Only a few times have planes been picked up. Lots of trans Atlantic traffic tonight overhead so a bit more being sent in.
              Make up something like this http://antirez.com/news/46

just separate the centre and the braid from a length of co-ax, twist the braid to make it rigid then trim to the required length.

I have picture at the end of the PDF attached at post 8 on this thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24 of a simple dipole - if you have some old co-ax in the shed, make that up ... the cost is pennies and it'll get you going.

Range on that as an antenna is 150-200 miles radius.

Comment

Moved my antenna out on the edge of the window and my range was improved to 220 miles directly out from my location. I will have to move the antenna to a higher location on the roof. Is it possible to put an antenna inside the room instead of exposing it to harsh elements?

Comment

Moved my antenna out on the edge of the window and my range was improved to 220 miles directly out from my location. I will have to move the antenna to a higher location on the roof. Is it possible to put an antenna inside the room instead of exposing it to harsh elements?
                  The mineral content of the roofing materials will reduce range - it's better outside.

if you are thinking of putting the little magmount antenna outside - maybe you could put it in an inverted cut-off plastic coke bottle or food jar or something (maybe you could tie a thick clear plastic bag around it)

Comment

Thanks, I will attempt to cover it with something. Have winds in excess of 100km/h last night and up to 60km/h tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X