Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3x FA20 In the skies over East Coast (England)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3x FA20 In the skies over East Coast (England)

First post, so apologies if this is in the wrong forum.....and if I've posted something really stupid here!

Just browsing FR24 when I spotted 3 small aircraft at the same time. All have the same call sign, and reg number. They're all Dassault Falcon 20-5B's. However, rather oddly, one of them appears to have taken off from the North Yorkshire Moors! I'm guessing it's some kind of pilot training or testing. Anyone able to confirm what's happening here? All taken within 1 or 2 minutes of each other.
    Untitled.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg

Many thanks,
    Mark

All three have have their transmitted call signs replaced by the ICAO aircraft type code as FR24 doesn't display aircraft registrations and transmitted call signs for "bizjets".
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Could be training, or test flights after maintenance.

It shows FA20 due to the 'Block' policy on FR24.

Blocking - For security and privacy reasons information about some aircraft is limited or blocked.
      The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Falcons belonging to Cobham Aviation, used in contract with the military to provide training and simulation.

Photo here - https://flic.kr/p/pnMixk

On this evening in particular they were working with RAF Typhoons.

Comment

Cobham lists of aircraft.

Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the most challenging problems, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.

Photos
          Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-09-24, 20:45.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Wow, thanks very much for all that info guys!!!

Stunning looking planes!!!

Cheers!

Comment

Well I learnt something today. I always thought Cobham was an Australian company.
              Seems a very diverse company with its Aussie Operations just one part of it.
              F-YBNA2

Comment

Where are they taking off from and landing off the east coast? Saw them again tonight two practising close flying and one low flying and who knows what. But the trail stops before they land or after take off. Frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by purplefleece View Post
                  Where are they taking off from and landing off the east coast? Saw them again tonight two practising close flying and one low flying and who knows what. But the trail stops before they land or after take off. Frustrating.
                  Durham Tees Valley Airport

Comment

Originally posted by TomW6 View Post
                    Durham Tees Valley Airport
                    Four FA20 taken off from Bournemouth today, heading west.

Comment

Yep, they pretend to be enemy fighters and the RAF pretend to intercept them.
                      T-EGPH93 | My Live Feed | ADSB Receiver: Raspberry Pi3+, RTL-SDR v3, RTL-SDR LNA, FA Antenna | Airband Receiver: RPi3 & Diamond D777

Comment

I have just had a look on Flightradar because I can hear the aircraft out at sea but wondered what they were upto, it sounded like they were having a simulated dog fight lol, no visual though, and im right on the coast.

Comment

FA20.jpg

I hope all is ok that last plane disappeared before he was over land, was this just a glitch in the webpage? I do hope so.

Comment

Old thread, but I've been seeing these fly over our house (Dorset coast), low, in pairs or sometimes singular, always going East. Seem to be weekly?

I've never been able to catch the tail callsign with binos, so just found FlightRadar24 and caught one.

I had assumed something military, due to wing pods. Someone told me they were doing radar testing.

So glad to find out what these mystery jets are!

Todays one is just landing at Bournemouth. The track starts in the sea off the south Cornish Coast and he flew straight as an arrow to Bournemouth.

Comment

At a guess, Cobham (formerly Flight Refuelling Ltd) aircraft. For many years based at Tarrant Rushton, but I think they operate out of Hurn now. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobham_plc

Comment

Working...
                              X