FR24 receiver Max accepted temperature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saidmunawar View Post
    I dont know why the GPS from receiver showing like that, its different with google earth, which one more accurate ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5824[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5825[/ATTACH]

I think it's just a rounding error. Receiver plots lat and lon to 4 decimal points, google converts to minutes and seconds.
    F-KDAG1

Comment

Not about lat lon, but the altitude.

F-WITT2.jpg
      Screenshot_2015-03-25-21-47-09.jpg

Comment

Not about lat lon, but the altitude.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5835[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5836[/ATTACH]
        Best report to support regarding the error on the altitude.

I notice F-WITT4 now uploading data from Acheh.

Comment

Originally posted by Limpost View Post
          Best report to support regarding the error on the altitude.

I notice F-WITT4 now uploading data from Acheh.
          with WITT4 now coming online there is 3 receivers there now. Any chance you know who operates WITT4 Mr saidmunawar?

A negative AMSL.. rare indeed. I only know Amsterdam Schipol Airport EHAM has negative AMSL (-3m). Not sure about Aceh but -8.1m is weird. As per limpost better ask FR24 support though to me it's not that critical to for adsb to have a correct AMSL. The GPS coordinates provides a guide to your max range FR24 receiver to upload - 350nm for airborne traffic and for ground it is 100nm. This is to reduce positional errors. Timing is based on GPS and NTP for timing accurary. I can't think of AMSL's purpose for now apart from us knowing our elevation, it doesn't help in ADS-B.

Btw Mr Saidmuwar hope you can find some new feeders around Sumatra! One or two from Jambi, Pangkal Pinang and Pulau Belintung would help improve coverage and MLAT5 around Mid-South Sumatra. We have tried but so far no joy.
          Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-03-27, 09:54.

Comment

I'm not get any information yet about F-WITT4, I hope fr24 will use feature like flightfeeder from Flightaware that will show receiver coordinate on website.

about location near jambi, belitung and pangkal pinang, I'll try to contact my friends who work in airport, but sometime even they work as techician in airport they dont have interest/hobby to install receiver or maybe they are already busy with their own job.

Comment

I'm not get any information yet about F-WITT4, I hope fr24 will use feature like flightfeeder from Flightaware that will show receiver coordinate on website.

about location near jambi, belitung and pangkal pinang, I'll try to contact my friends who work in airport, but sometime even they work as techician in airport they dont have interest/hobby to install receiver or maybe they are already busy with their own job.
              Different tracking website has different ways of doing things, for FR24 feeders location is kept private. Only way is if WITT4 drops a message then you could ask for contact.

As for asking your friends around the area whether they would like to feed, yes of course it depends mostly on them, still thanks to you for the effort to ask them.

Comment

I'm already help my friend, AIS Officer in Rembele Airport to request fr24 receiver, this is a small airport near Burni Telong mountain, Gayo highland.

IMG_20150331_043629.jpg

Comment

I'm already help my friend, AIS Officer in Rembele Airport to request fr24 receiver, this is a small airport near Burni Telong mountain, Gayo highland.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5855[/ATTACH]
                  Ok many thanks. I will leave that to FR24 to assess. Olov is aware but he is away so I am sure other members of the FR24 team will look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
                    I have same fr24 box, smaller case but same type, fixed on chimney facing north so sunlight exposure is minimum. Working for a year now with summer air temperature up to 39-40 degrees celsius.
                    Just protect case from direct sunlight with some kind of board or similar.
                    For my setup (see this post) i'm going to place the equipment outside in an enclosure.

Do you have some sort of ventilation in the box?
                    Do you have a PoE setup or is the electricity going into the box?
                    F-SMZO2

Comment

Originally posted by GitseBase View Post
                      For my setup (see this post) i'm going to place the equipment outside in an enclosure.

Do you have some sort of ventilation in the box?
                      Do you have a PoE setup or is the electricity going into the box?
                      well all that is past. Now my setup looks different and it's on new position.

But....no ventilation was needed in protective case, and power + LAN went through the chimney (that is not in use)
                      Last edited by Amper; 2015-04-17, 16:18.
                      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Thanks for the info Amper.
                        F-SMZO2

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5760[/ATTACH]

T-WITT1
                          F-WITT2

Hi Saidmunawar,

Have you had any trouble with rain getting into the enclosure via the fan? I'm worried that if I place a fan in my enclosure water will get blown in when the tropical rains hit.
                          F-SMZO2

Comment

Working...
                          X