Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: FR24 receiver Max accepted temperature?

  1. #21
    First officer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    F-WMKD1, East Coast, Pahang
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by saidmunawar View Post
    Cik Limpost,

    Thanks for your suggest, I must think what kind of roof suitable for the box that really strong and realible, because I will put the box on top of telecom tower.
    When first time I receive I put the Receiver on that tower, but I got electric problem to the box, and with new box I installed PoE support with 12v Adaptor than I use DC-DC converter to 5v. I think it more safe with 12V power supply to my Box than 220V AC.

    Attachment 5759
    Attachment 5758
    Attachment 5760


    T-WITT1
    F-WITT2
    Pak,

    Any latest news regarding your effort to put the receiver box up the telecom tower.

  2. #22
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11
    I'm not put it on telecom tower again after I made new box, but on small triangle tower to evaluate the condition and it seem everything ok, after I put another cooling fan facing to receiver, max temp about 55 celcius (01.00pm), and now about 46 celcius (7.38pm), I'll send new photo for second fan.
    I asked fr24 support about my installation, the answer is ok.


    Screenshot_2015-03-25-19-38-04.jpg
    IMG_20150315_100114.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-19-37-23.jpg
    Last edited by saidmunawar; 2015-03-25 at 13:04.

  3. #23
    Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Borneo aka Sabah
    Posts
    1,217
    so nice you have access to towers.

  4. #24
    First officer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    F-WMKD1, East Coast, Pahang
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by saidmunawar View Post
    I'm not put it on telecom tower again after I made new box, but on small triangle tower to evaluate the condition and it seem everything ok, after I put another cooling fan facing to receiver, max temp about 55 celcius (01.00pm), and now about 46 celcius (7.38pm), I'll send new photo for second fan.
    I asked fr24 support about my installation, the answer is ok.


    Screenshot_2015-03-25-19-38-04.jpg
    IMG_20150315_100114.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-19-37-23.jpg
    Very happy that you have solved the heating problem. Now to put the receiver is its permanant position. The higher the better. Well done.

  5. #25
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11
    I'll extend 1 stick (5 meter) for that triangle guyed tower next month, I hope it will increase the coverage, now max receive distance 260nm.

    Screenshot_2015-03-15-17-52-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-15-17-52-55.jpg

  6. #26
    First officer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    F-WMKD1, East Coast, Pahang
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by saidmunawar View Post
    I'll extend 1 stick (5 meter) for that triangle guyed tower next month, I hope it will increase the coverage, now max receive distance 260nm.

    Screenshot_2015-03-15-17-52-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-15-17-52-55.jpg
    Was just looking at your area. Your range is quite good Tracking aircraft into the Indian Ocean. F-WITT3 is also long.

  7. #27
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11
    Do you know how fr24 choose which radar will show in website/app when same aircraft signal receive by 2 or more receiver ?
    Usually F-WITT2 and 3 have same number of tracked AC, I assume it received from same AC.

    Screenshot_2015-03-25-21-47-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-21-47-09.jpg

  8. #28
    First officer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    F-WMKD1, East Coast, Pahang
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by saidmunawar View Post
    Do you know how fr24 choose which radar will show in website/app when same aircraft signal receive by 2 or more receiver ?
    Usually F-WITT2 and 3 have same number of tracked AC, I assume it received from same AC.

    Screenshot_2015-03-25-21-47-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-21-47-09.jpg
    The radar code displayed is at random selected by their decoding website. They will use all the information received from both receivers to display the aircraft position.

    One point I notice in your above post. Location of WITT3 is 19.5m (AMSL) Above Mean Sea Level
    WITT2 is showing -8.1m (AMSL) below sea level?

  9. #29
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11
    I dont know why the GPS from receiver showing like that, its different with google earth, which one more accurate ?

    F-WITT3.jpg
    F-WITT2.jpg

  10. #30
    First officer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    F-WMKD1, East Coast, Pahang
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by saidmunawar View Post
    I dont know why the GPS from receiver showing like that, its different with google earth, which one more accurate ?

    F-WITT3.jpg
    F-WITT2.jpg
    I think you FR24 GPS receiver is faulty. Suggest highlight to support.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •