Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious Question about my antenna

Captain
    The reason the construction diagrams show in insulator between two sections - with just two holes to let the wires through - is so the braid on one section can not come into contact with the braid on the next.

Passenger
    I'm
    Doing exactly that the inner is not touching the shield and so on.. But despite I did that I still don't get 109hz signals.. What's wrong??

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelgallego View Post
    I'm
    Doing exactly that the inner is not touching the shield and so on.. But despite I did that I still don't get 109hz signals.. What's wrong??
    Even if you took great care in calculations and building the antenna, it is difficult to get it right without proper test equipment that works at 1090Mhz - and the more elements you add, the worse the problems get.

Try just 4 elements.

I bought a commercial antenna to be sure of a good result.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    Even if you took great care in calculations and building the antenna, it is difficult to get it right without proper test equipment that works at 1090Mhz - and the more elements you add, the worse the problems get.

Try just 4 elements.

I bought a commercial antenna to be sure of a good result.
    +

Ok I will try 4 elements, now my question is, do i have to put the connector in the 4th element or add another cable and then the connector?

Captain
    sorry, I don't understand why you need a connector apart from the one on the end of the downlead.