Thread: Any feeders in Colombia?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Passenger

Cool Any feeders in Colombia?

I'm from colombia and i want to start feeding the Colombian airspace with a USB stick radar, looking forward for FR24 to approve my application to receive a FR24 radar unit Any colombian feeders here?

Passenger
    I just saw the list provided, only see one city in Colombia, should I apply for a FR24 receiver??

Captain
    Plus if you look on the map. You can see most of the active receivers online covering Colombia area.

T-SKRG1
    F-SVMC1
    F-SKBO1
    F-MPTO1
    F-SEES1

Passenger
    Are them enough? so colombia has plenty of coverage??

Quote Originally Posted by Adelgallego View Post
    Are them enough? so colombia has plenty of coverage??
    If you can host a FR24 receiver and meet the requirements, please apply online:

http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by FR24support View Post
    If you can host a FR24 receiver and meet the requirements, please apply online:

http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment
    I actually did, I waiting for your approval or denial I live in a tall building and i have access to the rooftop and my altitude is about 140 mts amsl. 360° view without obstructions (can provide images). 24/7 working modem also

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelgallego View Post
    I actually did, I waiting for your approval or denial I live in a tall building and i have access to the rooftop and my altitude is about 140 mts amsl. 360° view without obstructions (can provide images). 24/7 working modem also
    Please be patient. Mike emphasized the assessment and approval time for each application varies, it can be 7-365 days. If you want, you could always get a raspeberry pi + R820T and a 1090mhz antenna (DIY or bought) so you yourself can have an idea what reception you will get. And the traffic you see on you own setup is closest to real time compared to FR24's webpage. If your application gets approved then that setup could be a backup if something fails. Quite a number of FR24 receiver hosts do it this way. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-08-14 at 11:15.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Please be patient. Mike emphasized the assessment and approval time for each application varies, it can be 7-365 days. If you want, you could always get a raspeberry pi + R820T and a 1090mhz antenna (DIY or bought) so you yourself can have an idea what reception you will get. And the traffic you see on you own setup is closest to real time compared to FR24's webpage. If your application gets approved then that setup could be a backup if something fails. Quite a number of FR24 receiver hosts do it this way. Hope this helps.
    I actually ordered a R820T, looking forward to build an 1090mhz antenna, so in case FR24 deny my approval i still can provide coverage to this awesome app