No announcement yet.

AcarsDeco2 - multi-channels console RTLSDR ACARS decoder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I meant by instructions on a Windows install.Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 10.15.43 PM.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by gcopter1 View Post
      This is what I meant by instructions on a Windows install.[ATTACH=CONFIG]9684[/ATTACH]

For RPi install, start from post # 60 (click here)
      Last edited by abcd567; 2018-07-25, 14:00.

Comment

abcd567, in step 5 you said to omit --device index 1.

Do I just omit that and continue with the rest of the code, meaning typing the gain, frequencies and port?

By the way, is [1] 981, part of the code?

Reason I ask is, I keep getting errors.2018-07-25-163112_655x390_scrot.png

Comment

abcd567, in step 5 you said to omit --device index 1.

Do I just omit that and continue with the rest of the code, meaning typing the gain, frequencies and port?
          Yes, you got it right.
          Just omit --device-index 1 , and type everything else in the command, as shown below. Instead of typing, you can copy-paste it from below. This will eliminate typing errors.

Code:
          ./acarsdeco2 --gain 49.6 --freq 131550000 131725000 --http-port 8686 &

By the way, is [1] 981, part of the code?

Reason I ask is, I keep getting errors.[ATTACH=CONFIG]9685[/ATTACH]
          No, [1] 981 is NOT part of the command. It is output generated by the command. Thanks for pointing out. I have now edited post#60 and segregated commands and the outputs generated, so that others dont make this mistake.
          Last edited by abcd567; 2018-07-25, 21:27.

Comment

gcopter1:

If you keep on getting "Error: sdr_open() : Device or resource busy", then either another program is using the dongle, or the dongle is defective, or your power supply DC 5v is not sufficiently sized (3Amps).

Have you plugged the DVB-T dongle directly in Pi or through a extender cable? Sometimes cables cause failure of dongle.

You can check if dongle is healthy and free by following method:

Code:
            sudo apt-get update 

sudo apt-get install rtl-sdr

rtl_test -t
            If your dvbt dongle is ok, you will get following output when you give command rtl_test -t

Code:
            Found 1 device(s):
               0: Realtek, RTL2832UFA, SN: 00001001 Using device 0: Generic RTL2832 
            Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner 
            Supported gain values (29): 0.0 0.9 1.4 2.7 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4 15.7 16.6 19.7 20.7 22.9 25.4 28.0 29.7 32.8 33.8 36.4 37.2 38.6 40.2 42.1 43.4 43.9 44.5 48.0 49.6 
            Sampling at 2048000 S/s. 
            No E4000 tuner found, aborting.
            Last edited by abcd567; 2018-07-25, 23:40.

Comment

I'm starting to think that my woes are due to the power supply. My two Rpi3's, one is a Cana kit and the other is a Vilros, both came with 2.5 amps / 5v power supplies.

One Rpi3, using the Vilros PS, doing 1090 duties, works fine.

Is the other Rpi3 that, no matter what PS i use, gives me an under voltage warning.

Guess I'm going to hold off for a while until I find a proper power source before continuing testing.

I do thank you, abcd567, and others for your help and patience.

Comment

gcopter1:

You can test by connecting USB power cable to your Laptop or Desktop instead of an Adapter. Laptop/Desktop have ample power available at their USB port to feed a Pi.

If feeding DC 5V from laptop/desktop does not solve the problem, try another USB cable to feed the Pi from desktop/laptop/dc 5v adapter

Comment

Message below was posted by sergsero in radarspotting forum:

Hi,

abcd567, thank you very much for the detailed instructions.

I would just like to add a few point.
                  • Commonly used RTL-SDR dongles do not have the Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillators (TCXO) so in settings you need to specify a value frequency correction (frequency offset in PPM) which is unique to each dongle. The program has the special option: --freq-correction <value>, for example, --freq-correction 62.
                    Oscillators and other frequency control devices specify their frequency variation in units of parts per million (PPM). For example, 62 PPM of 131.725 MHz represents a variation in frequency of 8166.95 kHz.
                    Use general software like SDR# and tune to a known signal like ACARS, ATIS or a trunking channel that you know the frequency of. Then adjust the PPM offset in SDR# so that your signal lines up with the known frequency. Record this PPM value and use it in acarsdeco2. Before operating make sure you let the dongle warm up for a ~ twenty-thirty minutes so the PPM stabilizes.

• When using an high performance antenna, setting maximum gain (49.6) may be excessive. As a result, there is existing a risk of overloading the RF amplifier's stage with a strong signal.
                    I am suggesting that it would be better to determine the optimal value of required gain in the specific conditions. Typically, this value is in the range 25.4 - 38.6 (for dongle with Rafael Micro R820T/T2 tuner). The program has the special option: --gain <value>, for example, --gain 38.6.

• If you enable using an additional data from external files (basestation.sqb, flightroute.sqb and the like) the question marks in the table will be replaced by the corresponding data about the aircraft.

Best regards,
                  sergsero
                  Last edited by abcd567; 2018-07-27, 22:23.

Comment

sergsero can you compile a copy of aisdeco2 for the raspberry pi zero?

Comment

Working...
                    X