RADAR F-RPLC1 AND 2 Angeles City, Pampanga, Luzon
    RADAR F-RPUB1 Baguio, Benguet, Luzon
    RADAR F-RPUT1 Tuguegarao, Cagayan, Luzon
    RADAR F-RPLI1 Laoag, Ilocos Norte, Luzon
    RADAR F-RPVP1 Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island

paradiselost

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolml View Post
    Hi John, The whole PLDT router is idiosyncratic but thanks for the enlightenment about the LAN ports not speaking to each other. I just wish I could get into the software.
    In fact when they were building my house they put CAT5E cables from the sala to the bedroom so I am running a BT Homehub5 from LAN1 as an AP and gigaswitch upstairs where my gear is so they are talking through the HH5. The only other thing on the PLDT LAN is the TV so I havn't faced that problem.
    Any clues you can give about admin log in to the fibr router are welcome. I've tried everything I've seen onlin but they seem to have closed all the doors.
    On our old house before we had a PLDT DSL and have full access to the router. Recently when they rolled out the Fibre plans they've changed the router and blocked all access to it. This prevents people from using port forwarding or self hosting configurations (since Fiber is fast they don't want to use their network for that unless your on a business plan). Now it's much worse (we've moved to a different location) there are no internet lines available (dsl, fiber and cable). Our only option is to go wireless (smart lte enterprise plan). Wireless networks in the Philippines are behind NAT which means all mobile users are using the same IP and it changes frequently (almost instantly even on the enterprise plans). To bypass this what I did is to install a vpn server on one of my servers abroad and redirect the port to the rpi. Lte enterprise plan have a minimum speed guarantee of 20mbps and a maximum of 42mbps or whatever your device is capable of and depends on the location.

rpi -> router(vpn client) -> lte modem -> server(vpn gateway)

sample setup: https://dump1090.hacker.ph/

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
    Talking about interference from cell towers, one of the sites I admin is built on a clift and a cell tower is down the mountain so its radiating elements are within 50 mtrs of the FlightAware RPI receiver's antenna. Not a bit of interference because the RPI has a robust notch filter system tuned to 1090. In my early days with dongles I bought 2 interference filters...it was a waste of money and the insertion loss reduced the number of aircraft being tracked.
    If I we're close to your location I would like to "borrow" the filters for the sake of testing

It looks real good Hacker! From the boonies where you live 150 mile range is great. They say where there is a will there is a way...and you have found the way!

Quote Originally Posted by hacker.ph View Post
    On our old house before we had a PLDT DSL and have full access to the router. Recently when they rolled out the Fibre plans they've changed the router and blocked all access to it. This prevents people from using port forwarding or self hosting configurations (since Fiber is fast they don't want to use their network for that unless your on a business plan).
    I just installed FIBR at my church so we could get steady video for live streaming on a business plan. Same modem and same restrictions on business plan. The 10 mbs DSL plan is what they had and the upload speed was less than 1 mbs. For no extra money per month I upgraded them to the same download speed and as a bonus the upload speed is a bit more than download. PLDT charges P2500 for the modem which is billed on the first month bill.

On my FIBR modem before they upgraded the firmware knowing the pages where you can set things you could get into the modem and I set my Port Forwarding then for 5 or 6 ports I use with VirtualRadar. Their upgrade didn't bother what I had set. I've had FIBR since January last year. I upgraded from Globe 5mbs DSL and as a promotion for doing that they doubled the 50 mbs plan to 100 mbs for 6 months. Even though the FIBR box across the street was up in November it took about a month for them to commission it and schedule my installation.

I have another Globe 5 mbs dsl plan here in the house running a BPO, I am considering a faster plan since Globe has dropped the 3 year termination agreement.

In this market Globe couldn't give away DSL in competition with FIBR.

From what I have read, if you need to get into the modem, tech support can give you access. Don't expect help in making it work when changing over from DSL because the contract installers just know connecting FIBR and nothing about your setup....that is on you and Google. All of the ADSB receivers use very little data so speed is not a problem.

paradiselost....or...John

Passenger
    I just installed FIBR at my church so we could get steady video for live streaming on a business plan. Same modem and same restrictions on business plan. The 10 mbs DSL plan is what they had and the upload speed was less than 1 mbs. For no extra money per month I upgraded them to the same download speed and as a bonus the upload speed is a bit more than download. PLDT charges P2500 for the modem which is billed on the first month bill.
    On my FIBR modem before they upgraded the firmware knowing the pages where you can set things you could get into the modem and I set my Port Forwarding then for 5 or 6 ports I use with VirtualRadar. Their upgrade didn't bother what I had set. I've had FIBR since January last year. I upgraded from Globe 5mbs DSL and as a promotion for doing that they doubled the 50 mbs plan to 100 mbs for 6 months. Even though the FIBR box across the street was up in November it took about a month for them to commission it and schedule my installation.
    I have another Globe 5 mbs dsl plan here in the house running a BPO, I am considering a faster plan since Globe has dropped the 3 year termination agreement.
    In this market Globe couldn't give away DSL in competition with FIBR.
    Hi John,

You should contest the Fibr business plan. Is it FibrBiz? If yes, then you should have full access to the router without modifying the firmware or something. Regarding Globe I think it really depends on the area.. in one of my clients they got a Globe as backup for the FibrBiz and Globe is way faster (this is Globe @home P2899) it reaches 72mbps during peak hours and around 90mbps+ during off peak.

Hacker I don't know what kind of services you have available from FR24 for feeding with an RPI.

1. Radar View?
    2. live statistics?

I know more services are available since years ago using a dongle to feed FR24. What is your receivers ID, T-RPxxx so I can add it to my filters?

paradiselost

Passenger
    Hacker I don't know what kind of services you have available from FR24 for feeding with an RPI.

1. Radar View?
    2. live statistics?

I know more services are available since years ago using a dongle to feed FR24. What is your receivers ID, T-RPxxx so I can add it to my filters?

paradiselost
    Right now mostly view only. Although I'm planning to do some personal iot projects using fr24 data (still to busy at work). My receiver id is T-RPUR1.

If You Use the Latest Chrome Browser to access the FR24 main Map...

If you are using the latest version of the Chrome browser and things don't work, start your latest version of FireFox and it will work.

I have been seeing this message when I try to click on an airplane icon....and it won't go away...using Chrome.

In the latest version of FireFox everything works. Google must have changed something that affects how webpages display in Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Support has been advised.

paradiselost AKA John

FR24 MLAT Help Wanted...Present T-RPxxx Feeders Especially ...

T-MLAT5 requires 4 FR24 receivers with overlapping coverage for MLAT tracking. At night or anytime if one or more turns off their internet coverage or FR24 receivers MLAT coverage ceases in that area. Several of our receivers are in Control Towers and are turned off if no flights are scheduled for their airport. Turning off the receivers or internet defeats the Safety service we provide.

Severe typhoon damage took out the Tuguegarao area receiver and maybe perhaps the Laoag receiver. One or more of these receivers were vital to MLAT and ADSB coverage to the far north Luzon area. If you are in one of these damaged areas and have some salvaged equipment contact Support@FR24.com and they will ship what you need to get back up and running.

If you have never hosted a FR24 receiver before and have a passion for helping people request a free receiver.
    https://www.flightradar24.com/apply-for-receiver

T-RPLL20, T-RPMD1 and T-RPUR1 do the same.

Hobbies and Public Service costs money. Be prepared to lay out costs for a proper height mast and guywires and someone to climb your mast to attach your antenna and GPS module. Ground your mast with a driven ground rod. Your only continued Blessing will be a job well done.

Circumstances change like job, moving and fatigue from serving. When these occur it affects our own community and leaves holes in our coverage. We've lost coverage in Davao and General Santos where we once had several receivers. Now in Davao we only have one T-RPxxx feeder, T-RPMD1. We have none in General Santos and Palawan. If we have friends there, encourage them to get a free FR24 receiver kit.

paradiselost AKA John
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2019-01-08 at 23:40.