PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zamboangaradar's Posting didn't come through...new moderation scheme

Zamboangaradar you got caught in FR24s new scheme to reduce spam and your post hasn't appeared even though the link to your screenshot did in the notification.

I checked that ICAO for my three sites and it was not registered as appearing anytime today.

I am not familiar with the site you took the map screenshot from.

You also need to edit your signature because the two links have not worked for several months. My site since I am on a static IP let the domain philippineradars.com expire and just use the static IP in it's place.

It is good to see you posting again.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Comment

• Am thinking of requesting an FR24 feeder for Naawan, Mis.Or. Got a house there with 24/7 connection, but sadly am here in SA,TX. I reached out my HAM Friend from the same location to apply for a receiver and he said he was disapproved. Naawan is just 15NM from the new Airport in Laguindingan.
      Last edited by skyspotter; 2016-01-08, 15:41.

Comment

• Out of Town This Week

Things have been quiet here in this thread for a while but sometimes Birdie peeks in and I wanted to let you all know I will be in Singapore from Tuesday to Thursday and will be staying at the Regin Hotel in case someone wants to call me for coffee.

Some of you run VRS but just don't rebroadcast. I update the database daily with all the new aircraft we spot in the Visayas. They include helicopters, business jets and turboprops using Mode-S which we can't track but can identify. Those who would like to update their database my email address is in the help file link below in my signature. Drop me a email and I will send you the updated file.

In the cases where the silhouettes are not available, I include them.

I have inquired about a replacement for the Subic Bay/Olongapo FR24 receiver location in conversations with Olov but haven't heard anything definitive yet. The Subic location is ideal looking toward the Spratly's and with the excellent overlapping coverage of the Manila locations offer ringside seats for MLAT. Jaypee was there but now he is evidently gone.

John
        F-RPVD1
        Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
          Things have been quiet here in this thread for a while but sometimes Birdie peeks in and I wanted to let you all know I will be in Singapore from Tuesday to Thursday and will be staying at the Regin Hotel in case someone wants to call me for coffee.

Some of you run VRS but just don't rebroadcast. I update the database daily with all the new aircraft we spot in the Visayas. They include helicopters, business jets and turboprops using Mode-S which we can't track but can identify. Those who would like to update their database my email address is in the help file link below in my signature. Drop me a email and I will send you the updated file.

In the cases where the silhouettes are not available, I include them.

I have inquired about a replacement for the Subic Bay/Olongapo FR24 receiver location in conversations with Olov but haven't heard anything definitive yet. The Subic location is ideal looking toward the Spratly's and with the excellent overlapping coverage of the Manila locations offer ringside seats for MLAT. Jaypee was there but now he is evidently gone.

John
          F-RPVD1
          Dumaguete
          Ohh Ok Thank you for the information John, Goodluck and Be Safe in going to the Singapore take care. Regards
          Kurt Gavino
          F-RPUN1
          Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines

Comment

Those who would like to update their database my email address is in the help file link below in my signature. Drop me a email and I will send you the updated file.

John
            F-RPVD1
            Dumaguete

John,

Welcome to Singapore !

Looking forward to meeting you.

( Note: I called the wrong hotel - found John already ).
            Last edited by Birdie; 2016-02-24, 16:15.
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Hello Guys Good Evening, It's been a while that this thread is quiet, Can you guys post the updated list of radars here in the Philippines and how is your radars? Thank you
              Kurt Gavino
              F-RPUN1

Comment

• Hi all,
                I'm feeder in Japan. However I'm stay in Makati for a while because of my business.

Is there any of shops to buy raspberry pi and dvb-t usb dongle around metro Manila
                ? If so, I can start feeding from here..

I can observe runway of NAIA from my office window..

Comment

• New Feeder at Clark F-RPLC2

I ran across a new feeder around Clark airfield which has fantastic range. The original feeder is still there but the new one must have a better view of the sky. The two feeders are F-RPLC1 and F-RPLC2.

We have apparently lost the feeder at Subic Bay but if you have friends or relatives in the Olongapo area, FR24 will seriously look at their application. They share our interest in increasing MLAT coverage in the South China Sea.

John
                  F-RPVD1
                  Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by John-h View Post
                    Hi all,
                    I'm feeder in Japan. However I'm stay in Makati for a while because of my business.

Is there any of shops to buy raspberry pi and dvb-t usb dongle around metro Manila
                    ? If so, I can start feeding from here..

I can observe runway of NAIA from my office window..
                    John-h you can probably find what you are looking for on http://www.lazada.com.ph/ if the product is already in the Philippines and can be delivered to your office in a day or two.

FR24 is mainly showcasing feeders that have their receiver and there are several that cover ground movements at NAIA. For you own enjoyment though the Raspberry 2 and dongles do a good job just don't expect your feed to show up on the FR24 map.

John
                    F-RPVD1
                    Dumaguete

Comment

• Hi paradiselost,
                      Thank you very much for your reply.
                      I will try to find out items for start feeding in this site.

Comment

• Ohh That's nice John you have now Two Receivers
                        Kurt Gavino
                        F-RPUN1

Comment

• My application for feeder has been approved.. yay!!

So I'm guessing I would be the first FR24 feeder for Iligan City..
                          One question though. What would be my designated feeder name if the nearest airport in my area the following:
                          RPMI (Iligan-Baloi Airport)
                          RPMO (Ozamis)
                          RPMP (Pagadian)
                          RPMC (Cotabato)
                          RPML (Laguindingan)

And also.. based on feeders that are Mindanao based. How long should it take shipping the receiver all the way to Mindanao?
                          Last edited by boom_box87; 2016-04-06, 03:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by boom_box87 View Post
                            My application for feeder has been approved.. yay!!

One question though. What would be my designated feeder name if the nearest airport in my area the following:
                            RPMO (Ozamis)
                            RPMP (Pagadian)
                            RPMC (Cotabato)
                            RPML (Laguindingan)

And also.. based on feeders that are Mindanao based. How long should it take shipping the receiver all the way to Mindanao?
                            Ohh That's nice that you're application is approved, We Welcome you to this forum, it depends on Flightradar24 if what callsign will be assign to you, it will take a long time depends on the courier to ship into your location because Mindanao is very far from Luzon upon delivering your item.
                            Kurt Gavino
                            F-RPUN1

Comment

• Originally posted by boom_box87 View Post
                              My application for feeder has been approved.. yay!!

RPMO (Ozamis)
                              RPMP (Pagadian)
                              RPMC (Cotabato)
                              RPML (Laguindingan)

Thats cool man! Was planning to place one in Naawan if given a chance to visit home, but am making my own system in order to monitor my raw data. Enjoy mate its addicting. Kumbati!

Comment

I ran across a new feeder around Clark airfield which has fantastic range. The original feeder is still there but the new one must have a better view of the sky. The two feeders are F-RPLC1 and F-RPLC2.

We have apparently lost the feeder at Subic Bay but if you have friends or relatives in the Olongapo area, FR24 will seriously look at their application. They share our interest in increasing MLAT coverage in the South China Sea.

John
                                F-RPVD1
                                Dumaguete
                                Hey John can I ask you something, you have two radars and that's F-RPLC1 and F-RPLC2, is that 2 radars running in the same location where F-RPLC1 is placed or on different location? Thank you Regards
                                Kurt Gavino
                                F-RPUN1

Comment

Working...
                                X