No announcement yet.

PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been delayed, my receiver got lost, it was shipped to cagayan de oro, instead to cagayan valley... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey.. F-RPMI1 here.. totally safe here watching that B350 circling around since last month.

Comment

• Hi anaktee, seen your ranking for F-RPLI2 but it is from the Malaysia feeders, is that yours?

Comment

• Originally posted by yazidrus View Post
          Hi anaktee, seen your ranking for F-RPLI2 but it is from the Malaysia feeders, is that yours?
          Yes, that was me, I'm not the only one who is extradited,

rput.JPG

rpli.JPG

Comment

• I see, you can always ask the admin to reset it to the correct location. Last time mine was registered to Senegal and Khan changed it back to Malaysia.

Comment

• hi guys,

back reading.. what happened to philippineradars.com?

Comment

• Hi there, I've just set up a RPi in Cebu City, Tisa, Labangon with quite a view over to Mactan and Bohol. They have given me T-RPVM1 identity. I also have running in the UK EGGW26. My signals here are restricted because I cant get a decent antenna up. Can anybody please tell me where to source decent coax cable and connectors in Cebu.

Comment

• Hi Malcolml,

Have you tried Ace Hardware in SM Cebu/Srp? They sell RG6 by the meter. I got my coax at Ace Hardware (in Manila).

Comment

• Our Demise Was Greatly Exaggerated

Originally posted by hacker.ph View Post
                    hi guys,

back reading.. what happened to philippineradars.com?
                    We're still here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malcolml View Post
                      Hi there, I've just set up a RPi in Cebu City, Tisa, Labangon with quite a view over to Mactan and Bohol. They have given me T-RPVM1 identity. I also have running in the UK EGGW26. My signals here are restricted because I cant get a decent antenna up. Can anybody please tell me where to source decent coax cable and connectors in Cebu.
                      Malcolm are you here temporary or are you here to stay?

I've got an RPI provided by FlightAware and its capabilities are on par with all the other receivers I host. Given the correct antenna and mast height you should be able to reach out over 200 miles. Ready made cables are available that have the type N male to the SMA male. I've tried to cut corners and DIY but if you are into hosting long term get ready made. The services are shipping 4 db gain antennas with their receivers. One antenna available on Ebay from Bulgaria is excellent being a 5 db gain antenna. The more db gain in the antenna the more aircraft that fly over your house and you miss.

I would recommend you use a website heywhatsthat to see what your projected mast height and terrain. Use Google Earth to pinpoint your coordinates and see what the elevation is there. Write down the coordinates and altitude then input them into heywhatsthat adding to the elevation how ever many joints of pipe you are going to put up. In a few minutes they will send you a URL where your map is. Copy that URL so you can find it again. The only caveat is tall buildings, trees with green leaves and closeby hills will block the aircraft signal from that direction. On that site, click on New Panorama to get started. Have Fun!

Comment

• Hi Hacker, Thanks but Ace hardware has been closed although the Mall was open. Got RG6 and BNC connectors from a CCTV shop.
                        F/O Thanks too for your info. I see you are in Dumaguete. Nice little town, I visit occasionally from my wife's family place at Ginatilan just a ferry ride away and a bit north.
                        My house here has a flat roof and quite a high elevation but has the hills behind us to the west restricting signals from all but the highest of planes.
                        I brought a 1090 antenna with a BNC socket on the base from UK with me that has previously seen service in Ghana. But cannot find SMA female socket to BNC adaptor here. Temporarily lashed up a makeshift connector from the USB Receiver stick SMB to a BNC connector but there are losses and I'm not getting much more than 30 miles range.
                        I'll check out that heywhatsthat website and see what it gives me.
                        Cheers and Happy New Year to all

Comment

My house here has a flat roof and quite a high elevation but has the hills behind us to the west restricting signals from all but the highest of planes.
                          I brought a 1090 antenna with a BNC socket on the base from UK with me that has previously seen service in Ghana. But cannot find SMA female socket to BNC adaptor here. Temporarily lashed up a makeshift connector from the USB Receiver stick SMB to a BNC connector but there are losses and I'm not getting much more than 30 miles range.
                          Malcolm, I admin two sites in Cebu, one with a FR24 receiver and another with a FlightAware RPI receiver. The FR24 site is in Lahug on top of a 3 story classroom and the other is farther northwest on the side of the hill across from the airport. Fr. Gerry, who is an Electrical Engineer and I made arrangements for the use of these sites as an educational experience for their highschool students at both institutions.

That website I recommended were used in the planning. If you look at the two links, on the map turn off Visibility Cloak and turn on Up in the air.

Two elevations are plotted by default and the brown lines represent the aircraft above 10,000 feet and the blue line represents aircraft above 30,000 ft. You can change these default altitude settings below the map.

The CITE map is here: http://www.heywhatsthat.com/?view=R1MSTD3H
                          The Springdale map is here: sorry couldn't find that but the pictures are below of both coverages.

cite.jpg Springdale.jpg

Malcolm let me remind you, most of the Philippine hosters are serious and don't try to feed from an antenna near their bedroom window. They leave their equipment on 24 hours a day, not on a whim. T hosters seldom make it to FR24's map since they are mostly unreliable. It costs money to do this for masts, and for old guys like me to hire a pole climber that can act on a foreigners instruction.

I wish you the best and we are always here for you!
                          Last edited by paradiselost; 2019-01-02, 21:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                            Malcolm, I admin two sites in Cebu, one with a FR24 receiver and another with a FlightAware RPI receiver. The FR24 site is in Lahug on top of a 3 story classroom and the other is farther northwest on the side of the hill across from the airport. Fr. Gerry, who is an Electrical Engineer and I made arrangements for the use of these sites as an educational experience for their highschool students at both institutions.

That website I recommended were used in the planning. If you look at the two links, on the map turn off Visibility Cloak and turn on Up in the air.

Two elevations are plotted by default and the brown lines represent the aircraft above 10,000 feet and the blue line represents aircraft above 30,000 ft. You can change these default altitude settings below the map.

The CITE map is here: http://www.heywhatsthat.com/?view=R1MSTD3H
                            The Springdale map is here: sorry couldn't find that but the pictures are below of both coverages.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10017[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10018[/ATTACH]

Malcolm let me remind you, most of the Philippine hosters are serious and don't try to feed from an antenna near their bedroom window. They leave their equipment on 24 hours a day, not on a whim. T hosters seldom make it to FR24's map since they are mostly unreliable. It costs money to do this for masts, and for old guys like me to hire a pole climber that can act on a foreigners instruction.

I wish you the best and we are always here for you!
                            Paradise lost, Very good, I know Lahug and the Maryland area with my walking/running/drinking club. I am to the south of the city centre in Hillsview Village, Tisa with a panoramic view from Talisay right round to Lahug from my rooftop. I have a PLDT fibre connection so should be able to give fairly good data feed. I have been feeding as EGGW26 in UK for 6 years now virtually non stop with a RPi and usb dongle rx. I set a Cron command to reboot every half past midnight so if there any glitches while I am away it will clear. The view i should get here is heywhatsthat.com/?view=R1MSTD3h all I have to do is get the signals in LOL. Cheers for now.

Sent from my SM-T715C using Tapatalk

Comment

• Now, The Rest of The Story

Originally posted by Malcolml View Post
                              Paradise lost, Very good, I know Lahug and the Maryland area with my walking/running/drinking club. I am to the south of the city centre in Hillsview Village, Tisa with a panoramic view from Talisay right round to Lahug from my rooftop. I have a PLDT fibre connection so should be able to give fairly good data feed. I have been feeding as EGGW26 in UK for 6 years now virtually non stop with a RPi and usb dongle rx. I set a Cron command to reboot every half past midnight so if there any glitches while I am away it will clear. The view i should get here is heywhatsthat.com/?view=R1MSTD3h
                              Malcolm that link was for the CITE map. When you get your map up the link is in italics down a bit from the top.

To continue my story I run 3 Virtual Radar servers, DGT, F-RPVM3, and CITE making all three on a composite page. Due to management changes at CITE my server there isn't working but the receiver is still calling home to FlightAware ok.

On the Springdale F-RPVM3 server page, you see FR-DGT which is a composite of my 3 receivers and FR-VM3 aircraft being tracked. http://122.52.129.228:8080/virtualradar/desktop.html# or http://122.52.129.228:8080/virtualradar/mobile.html#
                              They pay for a PLDT FIBR fixed IP. Normal folks like me get a dynamic IP which changes after a power interruption.

My server here has three receivers connected and the composite is sent to Springdale. Since I am on a dynamic IP, I use a free service to sense when the IP changes and allows viewers an uninterrupted view of the site. NO-IP is the free service which is renewed manually monthly.
                              http://dgteflyovers.ddns.net/virtualradar/desktop.html# or http://dgteflyovers.ddns.net/virtualradar/mobile.html#

On either server, when a local IP changes the local addresses may change also depending on the number of devices on your local network. The RPI doesn't have a fixed IP in it's firmware so you may need to search for it after a power outage. The FR24 receiver software allows you to give that receiver a fixed IP so that after a power failure the receiver stays on the local port you configure. Originally, Zamboanga and I worked out a concept using Virtual Radar to share our information. PlaneFinder receivers do not set a local IP either. I have the same tribulations you guys have and just try to stay on top of it. Various pictures of when 10 mtrs is not enough coax and an example how to deploy more than one antenna on a mast.

John to normal people....paradiselost to virtual friends.

Comment

Hi Hacker, Thanks but Ace hardware has been closed although the Mall was open. Got RG6 and BNC connectors from a CCTV shop.
                                F/O Thanks too for your info. I see you are in Dumaguete. Nice little town, I visit occasionally from my wife's family place at Ginatilan just a ferry ride away and a bit north.
                                Cheers and Happy New Year to all
                                You can get the adapters at Lazada. Expect 1-3 weeks delivery since most of the connectors are shipped from China. They have almost everything (sma, bnc, n, uhf etc..) and they deliver door to door.

Comment

Working...
                                X