PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kurtgavino15 View Post
    Is Flightradar24 will pay the shipping international fee and the ads-b equipments or I will pay?
    FR24 shoulders everything for the equipment, shipping and customs duties. Your only expense is for internet and putting up the antenna.

DHL uses 2GO or LBC to deliver to your house from Manila. A good thing about that is both 2GO and LBC deliver on Saturday.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
      FR24 shoulders everything for the equipment, shipping and customs duties. Your only expense is for internet and putting up the antenna.

DHL uses 2GO or LBC to deliver to your house from Manila. A good thing about that is both 2GO and LBC deliver on Saturday.

John
      F-RPVD1
      Dumaguete
      Ohh OK Thank you very much for the answer I really appreciate it
      Kurt Gavino
      F-RPUN1
      Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines

Comment

John
        F-RPVD1
        Dumaguete
        I have a another question John, If I put a receiver on my area, I can detect the Turboprops of PAL Express and Cebu Pacific in my local radar of FR24? or need 4 receivers in my area to see it in my local radar and in the Flightradar24 website because some of the airplanes here in Naga Airport is using Turboprops? Thanks
        Kurt Gavino
        F-RPUN1

Comment

• Cebu Pacific Turboprop flights Now are CEBGO with new callsigns SRQ/DGXXX

These TurboProp flights are affected. The CEBGO jets have been returned to Cebu Pacific and will have the CEB/5J call signs.

Manila to Busuanga effective September 25 (21 weekly)
          Manila to Caticlan effective September 25 (55 weekly)
          Manila to Naga effective September 25 (11 weekly)
          Manila to Laoag effective October 1 (1 daily)
          Cebu to Caticlan effective October 1 (20 weekly)
          Cebu to Dipolog effective October 6 (7 weekly)
          Cebu to Siargao effective October 6 (1 daily)
          Cebu to Tacloban effective October 6 (21 weekly)
          Cebu to Camiguin effective October 7 (5 weekly)
          Cebu to Tandag effective October 7 (3 weekly)
          Cebu to Butuan effective October 8 (7 weekly)
          Cebu to Dumaguete effective October 8 (7 weekly)
          Cebu to Iloilo effective October 8 (9 weekly)
          Cebu to Legazpi effective October 8 (4 weekly)
          Cebu to Ozamiz effective October 8 (5 weekly)
          Cebu to Pagadian effective October 8 (7 weekly)
          Cebu to Surigao effective October 8 (11 weekly)
          Davao to Cagayan de Oro effective October 8 (10 weekly)
          Cebu to Bacolod effective October 26 (7 weekly)

Cebu Pacific has new ATR 72-600 TurboProps ordered that will probably have ADsB capabilities vs the ATR 72-500s in service now that only have Mode-S capabilities which can only be tracked by MLAT.

Only when the new aircraft arrive will we know if they will be assigned to CEBGO. CEBGO will service those islands that have low volume and frequency under less than average runways.

John
          F-RPVD1
          Dumaguete

Comment

I have a another question John, If I put a receiver on my area, I can detect the Turboprops of PAL Express and Cebu Pacific in my local radar of FR24? or need 4 receivers in my area to see it in my local radar and in the Flightradar24 website because some of the airplanes here in Naga Airport is using Turboprops? Thanks
            You will see more on the FR24 website because of the addition of your receiver.

John
            F-RPVD1
            Dumaguete

Comment

John
              F-RPVD1
              Dumaguete
              Thank you for the answer John, I will informed you if there was an update regarding on my ADS-B receiver. Thanks again
              Kurt Gavino
              F-RPUN1

Comment

• How many feeders in Misamis Oriental area? Im interested to put one in Naawan.. I invited my ham friend to visit FR24 to avail a receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by skyspotter View Post
                  How many feeders in Misamis Oriental area? Im interested to put one in Naawan.. I invited my ham friend to visit FR24 to avail a receiver.
                  We have three working feeders around CDO. Since Naawan is on the northwest of the peninsula good coverage to the west would benefit MLAT coverage.

Have your friend submit an application and any documentation requested.

John
                  F-RPVD1
                  Dumaguete

Comment

Kurt we welcome you. I will answer your questions and provide answers to some questions you may have not thought of yet.

When you get approval as you have, FR24 will schedule a shipment from their vendor sometimes taking a month. When they are ready to ship they will send you a tracking number by email. In times past they use DHL for their shipment and it takes about 7 business days to arrive at your house. The customs duties have already been taken care of.

Now you need to think of where you will put the mast to get the most coverage and what height the antenna needs to be above ground and above the surrounding trees and structures. Microwave from the airplanes will not penetrate higher buildings around you and the green foliage of trees. Safety should be the foremost thing in your mind, if the mast falls in a high wind will it come in contact with power lines.

The kit from FR24 comes with 10 mtrs of high quality low loss coax. The receiver is optimized for this length of coax. If you need to place the antenna higher encase the receiver in a waterproof box attached up the mast with a power connection and lengthen the ethernet cable that connects between the receiver and the modem.

Guy your mast with 16 gauge wire. One and 1/2 inch GI pipe cemented in the ground and supported against a wall or fence is sufficient properly guyed to survive the typhoon winds in your area.

If you are close to the Naga Airport your potential tracking range is represented [ATTACH=CONFIG]6661[/ATTACH], In The Air and 10000 and 40000 heights selected. The Brownish ring seen by zooming out on the map is the 10000 foot aircraft target range and the blue line is targets up to 40000 feet or over. http://www.heywhatsthat.com/?view=MPAFU0H4

Naturally this is theoretical not taking into account your neighbors multistory houses or tall leafy trees higher than your antenna.

Don't be disappointed if you see few aircraft on the FR24 map attributed to your radar because we have plenty of overlapping radars in your area such as the Manila radars and the one at Legaspi and the Kalibo and Bacolod and Leyte sites.

MLAT on the other hand requires 4 sites tracking the same target which will enable your receiver to join with the other nearby sites to enable expanded MLAT coverage. Aircraft not having working ADsB equipment but Mode-S only are tracked by MLAT. Examples are military, general aviation and Turboprops used by Cebu Pacific and Pal Express.

Things to be acquired in the meantime are lengths of GI pipe, 16 gauge galvanized guy wire, mounts if attaching the mast to the eave, a multitude of 12 inch black cable ties, a waterproof box if necessary to extend the antenna to the top of the mast, a power receptacle, switch or plug to disconnect and reconnect the power remotely, and ethernet extension. Typically the cost borne by you for the installation is about P5,000 to host a receiver.

Kurt please keep us informed.

John
                    F-RPVD1
                    Dumaguete
                    Hello John, in how many days or weeks will the Flightradar24 will email me the Tracking number regarding the ADS-B receiver? Thanks
                    Kurt Gavino
                    F-RPUN1

Comment

Hello John, in how many days or weeks will the Flightradar24 will email me the Tracking number regarding the ADS-B receiver? Thanks
                      Kurt, FR24 uses a consolidator to put all the items in a box to ship. The consolidator can't complete packing until all of the items arrive to put in the box and advise FR24 the tracking number.

The consolidator is in Germany and it takes several days to replace an out of stock item for orders that have already been processed. Four day beer drinking holidays delay shipment as well as holidays here. FR24 works a 5 day week as well as DHL.

The response you received from FR24 about the one week shipment is the best case scenario not taking into consideration the other factors at play.

Have patience, things will turn out well.

John
                      F-RPVD1
                      Dumaguete

Comment

Kurt, FR24 uses a consolidator to put all the items in a box to ship. The consolidator can't complete packing until all of the items arrive to put in the box and advise FR24 the tracking number.

The consolidator is in Germany and it takes several days to replace an out of stock item for orders that have already been processed. Four day beer drinking holidays delay shipment as well as holidays here. FR24 works a 5 day week as well as DHL.

The response you received from FR24 about the one week shipment is the best case scenario not taking into consideration the other factors at play.

Have patience, things will turn out well.

John
                        F-RPVD1
                        Dumaguete
                        Ohh ok Thank you very much John now I understand I will wait, I will informed you if there was an update regarding on my ADS-B receiver. Thanks again!
                        Kurt Gavino
                        F-RPUN1

Comment

John
                          F-RPVD1
                          Dumaguete
                          I have a question again John sorry if I keep asking questions I just wanna sure if it is correct so that when the package arrived I know where will I put it, Is the GPS Antenna waterproof? GPS Antenna can be put outside and place it in the pipe? Thanks
                          Kurt Gavino
                          F-RPUN1

Comment

I have a question again John sorry if I keep asking questions I just wanna sure if it is correct so that when the package arrived I know where will I put it, Is the GPS Antenna waterproof? GPS Antenna can be put outside and place it in the pipe? Thanks
                            Yes, the GPS antenna is waterproof so it can be placed outsdoors. Don't think you should put it in a pipe.

Comment

The GPS cable is 5 mtrs so just mount it as far up the mast as the cable will permit. The function of the GPS is GPS timing and elevation above sea level and is used by the FR24 receiver to locate your coordinates.

Just mount the assembly so the cable comes out the bottom and you won't have problems with water as long as you seal the exposed connectors.

John
                              F-RPVD1
                              Dumaguete

Comment

The GPS cable is 5 mtrs so just mount it as far up the mast as the cable will permit. The function of the GPS is GPS timing and elevation above sea level and is used by the FR24 receiver to locate your coordinates.

Just mount the assembly so the cable comes out the bottom and you won't have problems with water as long as you seal the exposed connectors.

John
                                F-RPVD1
                                Dumaguete
                                Ohh ok Thank you very much John, I will informed you when there was an update about my ADS-B receiver. Thanks again!
                                Kurt Gavino
                                F-RPUN1

Comment

Working...
                                X