Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the package today... yay!
    IMG_20160421_131356.jpgIMG_20160421_231520.jpg

But for some reason.. I was expecting a N-type male connector but it's directly attached to the antenna it self. Did someone miss to put that connector?
    IMG_20160421_231908.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by boom_box87 View Post
      Got the package today... yay!
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7439[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7440[/ATTACH]

But for some reason.. I was expecting a N-type male connector but it's directly attached to the antenna it self. Did someone miss to put that connector?
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7441[/ATTACH]
      Boom that is one of continuing improvements that will greatly improve the life of the system, put it up there and forget it.
      1. By eliminating the N-connector it will eliminate the difficulty of weather sealing the N-connector and the loss associated with any connector.
      2. By eliminating loss it will enable the receiver to increase range by giving it a stronger weak signal to work with.

After all this drama with TNT it just delayed you shipment one day.

We will be watching when you get it up and power it on.

John
      F-RPVD1
      Dumaguete
      Last edited by paradiselost; 2016-04-21, 23:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
        Boom that is one of continuing improvements that will greatly improve the life of the system, put it up there and forget it.
        1. By eliminating the N-connector it will eliminate the difficulty of weather sealing the N-connector and the loss associated with any connector.
        2. By eliminating loss it will enable the receiver to increase range by giving it a stronger weak signal to work with.

After all this drama with TNT it just delayed you shipment one day.

We will be watching when you get it up and power it on.

John
        F-RPVD1
        Dumaguete
        Alright then.. I really thought that someone was doing a "shortcut work" by attaching the wire directly to the antenna.
        Since there is no need for that N-type connector. Do you have any recommended idea to seal the wire and antenna?
        What I'm thinking right now is that I'll be using a heat shrinking tube, wrap it up with 3M electrical tape and then apply some Vulcaseal (elastomeric seal) around the electrical tape.

Anyway, I'm already in the process of finding materials for the pole that I will be using. So far, I will inquire some aluminum/glass shops that sells Aluminium tubes.
        This is one the also recommended by my father (a licensed radio operator) since it is more lighter and easier to install.

Comment

Alright then.. I really thought that someone was doing a "shortcut work" by attaching the wire directly to the antenna.
          Since there is no need for that N-type connector. Do you have any recommended idea to seal the wire and antenna?
          What I'm thinking right now is that I'll be using a heat shrinking tube, wrap it up with 3M electrical tape and then apply some Vulcaseal (elastomeric seal) around the electrical tape.

Anyway, I'm already in the process of finding materials for the pole that I will be using. So far, I will inquire some aluminum/glass shops that sells Aluminium tubes.
          This is one the also recommended by my father (a licensed radio operator) since it is more lighter and easier to install.
          Since the antenna coax connection if facing down nothing more than a dab of vulcaseal should be needed. Shrink and tape is a overkill in my opinion. Electrical tape breaks down after a few years.

My mast and antennas here have survived two typhoons. In another typhoon the mast on my roof was taken down by a gust taking the top off my garage and throwing it against a guy wire breaking it.

This is my mast that survived two typhoons.

John
          F-RPVD1
          Dumaguete

Comment

Got the package today... yay!
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7439[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7441[/ATTACH]
            That's nice Boom, Yes N-type male connector is directly connected to the antenna no problem right there but first put a sealant/rubber tape in that open part so that the water will not go in the antenna and make your range decrease. Enjoy your FR24 Receiver
            Kurt Gavino
            F-RPUN1
            Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines

Comment

• Noel do you have the old receiver working also with the new one? Seems like your old receiver was F-RPLL2 and your replacement is F-RPLL3. I am seeing both receivers tracking. Also with your original setup you had on the ground tracking at NAIA but I don't see that now.

You have excellent range to the Southwest into the Philippine Sea.

We seem to have lost F-RPLL1 who looked down on NAIA and allowed on ground tracking from terminal 3 to the old terminal 1.

What's happening up Cavite way?

John
              F-RPVD1
              Dumaguete

Comment

Noel do you have the old receiver working also with the new one? Seems like your old receiver was F-RPLL2 and your replacement is F-RPLL3. I am seeing both receivers tracking. Also with your original setup you had on the ground tracking at NAIA but I don't see that now.

You have excellent range to the Southwest into the Philippine Sea.

We seem to have lost F-RPLL1 who looked down on NAIA and allowed on ground tracking from terminal 3 to the old terminal 1.

What's happening up Cavite way?

John
                F-RPVD1
                Dumaguete
                Yes John it seems that F-RPLL2 is back online about a month ago.
                Kurt Gavino
                F-RPUN1

Comment

• FR24 Receiver Status Report for April 2016

Here is a current status report on the working and not working FR24 receivers in the Philippines.
                  Those that are missing in action are probably forever gone unless there is a technical problem and a replacement has been requested.

Starting with Mindanao:

F-RPWD1 and 2 Davao
                  F-RPMB1 and F-RPMR1 and F-RPMR2 General Santos. RPMB is the old designation of the international airport.
                  F-RPWE1 is either Butuan or Surigao

Cagayan de Oro has three receivers assigned to that airport.

F-RPML1 is actually on Camiguin Island
                  F-RPML2 and 3 are around the airport

The new receiver at Iligan City is F-RPMI1 which maybe subject to change.

Missing receivers at Dipolog F-RPMG1 and Ipil F-RPMZ2

F-RPMZ1 Zamboanga Zamboanga Radar reports several receivers in that area started up but went missing shortly thereafter.

Leyte has one receiver F-RPVO1

Cebu has two receivers F-RPVM1 and 2

Bohol has one receiver F-RPVT1

Negros Island Region has two receivers F-RPVB1 at Bacolod-Silay and F-RPVD1 at Sibulan-Dumaguete

Panay Island has two receivers F-RPVI1 at Ilo-Ilo and F-RPVK1 at Kalibo. Kalibo has been missing for a while now.

Palawan has a receiver at Peurto Princessa that hasn't been available for a while but is back online now.

Legaspi and Naga have 3 receivers. One receiver F-RPLP1 is at Legaspi and Naga now has two, F-RPUN1 and 2.

Luzon

Of the 5 receivers FR24 shipped to the Manila area only 3 are working, F-RPLL2 and 3 and F-RPLL5. F-RPLL1 and F-RPLL4 are missing.

Subic Bay-Olongapo had one receiver F-RPLB1 which disappeared after working for several months.

Clark Field at Angeles City has two receivers F-RPLC1 and 2.

The Lingayan Gulf has two receivers, F-RPUB1 and F-RPUS1.

The Cagayan Valley has one receiver F-RPUT1.

All in all of the 38 receivers FR24 has shipped to the Philippines 9 are missing not sending data.
                  28 are working on any given day.

John
                  F-RPVD1
                  Dumaguete
                  Last edited by paradiselost; 2016-04-28, 19:47. Reason: Receivers online changed and add receiver for General Santos

Comment

Here is a current status report on the working and not working FR24 receivers in the Philippines.
                    Those that are missing in action are probably forever gone unless there is a technical problem and a replacement has been requested.

Starting with Mindanao:

F-RPWD1 and 2 Davao
                    F-RPMB1 and F-RPMR2 General Santos. RPMB is the old designation of the international airport.

F-RMZ1 Zamboanga Zamboanga Radar reports several receivers in that area started up but went missing shortly thereafter.

Negros Island Region has two receivers F-RPVB1 at Bacolod-Silay and F-RPVD1 at Sibulan-Dumaguete

Panay Island has two receivers F-RPVI1 at Ilo-Ilo and F-RPVK1 at Kalibo. Kalibo has been missing for a while now.

Palawan has a receiver at Peurto Princessa that hasn't been availabe for a while.

Legaspi and Naga have 3 receivers. One receiver F-RPLP1 is at Legaspi and Naga now has two, F-RPUN1 and 2.

Luzon

Of the 5 receivers FR24 shipped to the Manila area only 3 are working, F-RPLL2 and 3 and F-RPLL5. F-RPLL1 and F-RPLL4 are missing.

Subic Bay-Olongapo had one receiver F-RPLB1 which disappeared after working for several months.

All in all of the 37 receivers FR24 has shipped to the Philippines 9 are missing not sending data.

John
                    F-RPVD1
                    Dumaguete
                    Nice Information John keep it up
                    Kurt Gavino
                    F-RPUN1

Comment

• Cool. I'll be putting one somewhere west of Cagayan de Oro soon.. But an amplified DIY receiver. Is Iligan up now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by skyspotter View Post
                        Cool. I'll be putting one somewhere west of Cagayan de Oro soon.. But an amplified DIY receiver. Is Iligan up now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        I'm still in progress of making my pole mast and purchasing some materials needed.
                        My available time is only on Sunday. I'll try to test it out tomorrow temporarily.

Comment

• Hurray! F-RPMG1 Dipolog has risen from the dead and is back online.

John
                          F-RPVD1
                          Dumaguete

Comment

I'm still in progress of making my pole mast and purchasing some materials needed.
                            My available time is only on Sunday. I'll try to test it out tomorrow temporarily.
                            Nice Boom it will be activate soon and I am in progress too in activating it because I just have my vacation and I will work with it this week and activate it
                            Kurt Gavino
                            F-RPUN1

Comment

Starting with Mindanao:

F-RPWD1 and 2 Davao
                              F-RPMB1 and F-RPMR1 General Santos. RPMB is the old designation of the international airport.

F-RPMZ1 Zamboanga Zamboanga Radar reports several receivers in that area started up but went missing shortly thereafter.

Palawan has a receiver at Peurto Princessa that hasn't been availabe for a while.

Luzon

All in all of the 37 receivers FR24 has shipped to the Philippines 9 are missing not sending data.

John
                              F-RPVD1
                              Dumaguete
                              This is cool!

Comment

Boom's receiver is online. He got the designation F-RPMO1 the Ozamiz airport in the neighboring province across from Iligan City.

John
                                F-RPVD1
                                Dumaguete

Comment

Working...
                                X