No announcement yet.

PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-RPMG1 is now online, finally. Hope he check-in the forum soon. Would be glad to meet this lad upon my next visit.

His got good coverage alright.
    rpmg1.JPG

Speaking of VRS here is my coverage.
    vrs9.JPG
    Last edited by Zamboanga Radar; 2015-02-03, 04:26.

Comment

• Guys are you Experiencing Error on your LOG in FlightRadar24.

My ModeS is Down Too but ADS-B is OK
      Last edited by Kailrusha; 2015-02-03, 04:58.
      RPVO1

Comment

• Originally posted by Kailrusha View Post
        Guys are you Experiencing Error on your LOG in FlightRadar24.

My ModeS is Down Too but ADS-B is OK
        Support is aware of our situation and they turned off our Mode-S while they try to sort it out. It's not only us but all in the MLAT5 area.

John
        F-RPVD1
        Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by Zamboanga Radar View Post
          F-RPMG1 is now online, finally. Hope he check-in the forum soon. Would be glad to meet this lad upon my next visit.

His got good coverage alright.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5608[/ATTACH]

Speaking of VRS here is my coverage.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5607[/ATTACH]
          Zamboanga Radar you also got a new feeder to the west of you that is tracking planes you lose at 160 nmi toward Sandakan. The new feeder is F-WBKA2. He is able to track within 50 nmi of Zamboanga.

On the new feeder at Dipolog is that a new receiver or the one that was at Bohol previously?

John
          F-RPVD1
          Dumaguete

Comment

• That would be a new receiver that got installed lately. No wonder Olov did not bother to respond our email. But no worries. The MLAT got even better in the Visayas. I was hoping he could pick up Palawan but I'm not seeing it.

As to F-WBKA2, we are interlacing our signal somewhere east of Tawi-tawi.

Comment

• @paradiselost - do you have any pictures of your antenna/mast setup?
              Just curious as my gf is originally from NegOcc and, well, you never know what might happen in the future/retirement!...
              And in my limited time reading here I kind of get the feeling you know what you're doing.. And now that you're living in PH I doubt there's many pre-fabricated masts available to buy there - so I'm assuming you crafted one.. Just curious as I say!
              toString - London, UK
              FR24 - T-EGLC55 / PiAware - toString / PlaneFinder - 9008
              Raspberry Pi B+ | Keedox DVB-T USB RTL-SDR [RTL2832U+R820T] | Stock Antenna

Comment

• Originally posted by toString View Post
                @paradiselost - do you have any pictures of your antenna/mast setup?
                Just curious as my gf is originally from NegOcc and, well, you never know what might happen in the future/retirement!...
                And in my limited time reading here I kind of get the feeling you know what you're doing.. And now that you're living in PH I doubt there's many pre-fabricated masts available to buy there - so I'm assuming you crafted one.. Just curious as I say!
                toString, it would be better if you wait until you get boots on the ground over here to do any useless mental activity. Your GFs family might live in an area that tracking would be impossible because of terrain and natural obstacles or limited internet. Any prior planning with so many unknowns will be futile.

On the mast question GI pipe is the preferred method for affixing an antenna if a tower is not available. Pipe reduced down to 3/4 inch GI waterline makes the attachment easy.

Sorry I took so long to reply.

John
                F-RPVD1
                Dumaguete

Comment

• The exact Location of F-RPMV1 is in Global Academy Institute of Technology Foundation

The exact Location of F-RPMV1 is in Global Academy Institute of Technology Foundation, Inc., Titay, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines.
                  You can visit our website: www.gaitf.com and www.gaitf.net

Comment

• I am planning to have one more other than F-RPMV1 which is now installed in a stable platform with great height for better coverage but if you would like me to have one or more device to help cover more area then I would rather appreciate which I plan to be Installed in Dipolog City and Zamboanga City.

Comment

• Originally posted by EDALEGRE View Post
                      I am planning to have one more other than F-RPMV1 which is now installed in a stable platform with great height for better coverage but if you would like me to have one or more device to help cover more area then I would rather appreciate which I plan to be Installed in Dipolog City and Zamboanga City.
                      If I get your question right you mean you would like like to host the FR24 kit at Dipolog or/and Zamboanga City? You can apply and submit 2 applications for them to assess and see whether the locations will help. They have the overall picture...

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                        toString, it would be better if you wait until you get boots on the ground over here to do any useless mental activity. Your GFs family might live in an area that tracking would be impossible because of terrain and natural obstacles or limited internet. Any prior planning with so many unknowns will be futile.

On the mast question GI pipe is the preferred method for affixing an antenna if a tower is not available. Pipe reduced down to 3/4 inch GI waterline makes the attachment easy.

Sorry I took so long to reply.

John
                        F-RPVD1
                        Dumaguete

http://philippineradars.com/virtualradar/
                        Thanks for the reply
                        Certainly will wait before planning anything! And GI pipe sounds like a nice cheap substitute. Do you have any concerns about lightning strikes with yours?
                        toString - London, UK

Comment

Thanks for the reply
                          Certainly will wait before planning anything! And GI pipe sounds like a nice cheap substitute. Do you have any concerns about lightning strikes with yours?

toString, here in the Philippines, GI pipe and fittings will eventually rust where they are put together. Water is the enemy so I cap the ends and use stainless fittings and nipples at the top. A ground wire from under one of the antenna U bolts to a grounding stake provides a lightning path to ground and likewise reduces the potential charge to that of ground. We also have to contend with typhoon strength winds several times a year so guying is important.

Bamboo is a cheap mast but Zamboangaradar had a few nearby that shattered the bamboo. He now uses GI pipe instead.

Several have used http://www.heywhatsthat.com/ to create a profile of a potential site for a particular antenna height at centain coordinates as an example of "useless mental activity". biggrin.png

toString take a holiday down here, we are culturally diverse and welcome Poms. There is so much going on you will surely find something to whinge about.biggrin.png
                          While you are here, stop by Dumaguete and see me.

John
                          F-RPVD1
                          Dumaguete
                          Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-02-10, 03:45. Reason: added antenna array pic

Comment

• Originally posted by EDALEGRE View Post
                            I am planning to have one more other than F-RPMV1 which is now installed in a stable platform with great height for better coverage but if you would like me to have one or more device to help cover more area then I would rather appreciate which I plan to be Installed in Dipolog City and Zamboanga City.
                            Edalegre welcome! Your location in Titay is certainly important. Do you know Zamboangaradar? He has family in Dipolog and we tried to get an off the air host relocated to Dipolog but a new host in Dipolog F-RPMG1 is online now. We wrongly assumed your station was in the Ipil vicinity

If you haven't already put in another application for another free receiver. do it now.

We need hosts for Cotabato, Kalibo and CDO for the time that FR24 gets the wrinkles out of MLAT5 for Asia. Currently we are having connectivity issues with FR24 but they are working on relocating the MLAT server to Singapore or Australia. When they get that sorted out our receivers will have Mode-S turned on again and data we provide will allow the tracking of non-ADS-B aircraft.

If you have any issues all of us here take hosting seriously and will be glad to help.

John
                            F-RPVD1
                            Dumaguete
                            Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-02-10, 04:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5650[/ATTACH]

toString, here in the Philippines, GI pipe and fittings will eventually rust where they are put together. Water is the enemy so I cap the ends and use stainless fittings and nipples at the top. A ground wire from under one of the antenna U bolts to a grounding stake provides a lightning path to ground and likewise reduces the potential charge to that of ground. We also have to contend with typhoon strength winds several times a year so guying is important.

Bamboo is a cheap mast but Zamboangaradar had a few nearby that shattered the bamboo. He now uses GI pipe instead.

Several have used http://www.heywhatsthat.com/ to create a profile of a potential site for a particular antenna height at centain coordinates as an example of "useless mental activity". [ATTACH=CONFIG]5649[/ATTACH]

toString take a holiday down here, we are culturally diverse and welcome Poms. There is so much going on you will surely find something to whinge about.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5649[/ATTACH]
                              While you are here, stop by Dumaguete and see me.

John
                              F-RPVD1
                              Dumaguete
                              Haha thanks John. We're actually going back again next month as it happens.. Just for 2wks (Bacolod) and we will be passing through Duma at some point on the way to Siquijor! But I doubt they will want to stop to look at a 'canos' antenna array :-D ;-)
                              But maybe another time!

It's funny because I nearly mentioned bamboo in my first post, but thought that was a bit silly. Interesting that someone tried it though! Thanks again for the useful info, I'll save it for food for thought in the future. And great picture too!
                              toString - London, UK

Comment

Haha thanks John. We're actually going back again next month as it happens.. Just for 2wks (Bacolod) and we will be passing through Duma at some point on the way to Siquijor! But I doubt they will want to stop to look at a 'canos' antenna array :-D ;-)
                                But maybe another time!

It's funny because I nearly mentioned bamboo in my first post, but thought that was a bit silly. Interesting that someone tried it though! Thanks again for the useful info, I'll save it for food for thought in the future. And great picture too!
                                toString just give them a little money and take them to the mall and that will keep them busy for a couple of hours while we whinge over a cup of coffee at Bo's at the same mall. hahaha

John
                                F-RPVD1
                                Dumaguete

Comment

Working...
                                X