PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kailrusha View Post
    I Havent Check it Yet cause its raining Outside and windy. It Might be a Loos Plug or Loos RJ 45. My question is if its get damage. as agreement ill return this ADS-B to them. will they give me a replacement?

I just miss the opportunity to serve during the time of needs
    Kailrusha contact FR24 support
    Ice
    F-RPLL3

Comment

10meters Coax is to Short. for me. i force this to mount antenna near the top of my tower and the ADS-B 10 meters Bellow. The Tower is around 30meters Height.

When shipping the item will they ask to send whole device and coax and Antenna or only the damage ADS-B
      Just tell them if you are having trouble With your FR24 receiver
      Ice
      F-RPLL3

Comment

10meters Coax is to Short. for me. i force this to mount antenna near the top of my tower and the ADS-B 10 meters Bellow. The Tower is around 30meters Height.

When shipping the item will they ask to send whole device and coax and Antenna or only the damage ADS-B
        Can you take a photo of your tower?
        Ice
        F-RPLL3

Comment

Troubleshooting an Inaccessible FR24 Receiver

I feel worried today. Last night around 11pm ADS-B Went Offline. today i reset the power which connects to ADS-B- it went online a few minutes ang Offline Again. I hope its not damage due to Water. And i hope its only a loos Power Outlet. I Inclose the device inside a IP67 BOX for Outdoor use. and Sealed its Edges.
          There are some troubleshooting steps you can take in the meantime to isolate the problem.

When you cycle the power switch look at the modem and see if the port led is on and blinking. Also access the receiver status page.

1. If the modem is receiving negotiations from the receiver, the modem led will be steady or blinking green. If the led is off, there is a power problem at the receiver.

2. Access the receiver status page and look at the GPS INFO: If you don't see this section listed reload the page.

Normal entries will look like this: GPS INFO:

POSITION: 9.3437,123.2960 81.6m [AMSL]
          TEMPERATURE: 52.12'C

If you see something similar, the GPS is working normally. The GPS module is not watertight but if you installed it with the coax coming out the bottom you should be ok.

If the power to the tower is switched by a household type wall switch they have been known to be flakey. The light in my daughters room will only come on when I press the switch in a certain way.

If you don't use a switch but a plug you pull out of a receptacle to cycle the power, it has been my experience over the years that plug connections to the wire are the points of most power failures especially if you use SJ cord. A bad connection will heat up and deform the plastic. Failure is most times intermittent in the early stages.

Water in a coax connector will not cause the receiver to turn off but will just cause the receiver to track few or no planes and the receiver range will be degraded.

When you are able to access the receiver on the tower remove the cover and look for a water pool in the bottom of the enclosure and check the mini-usb connection from the 5 volt power adapter and if the receiver has been on the power adapter will feel warm. Smell inside for the metallic smell of an overheated component or wire. Carry a power tool up the tower with you to plug in to the receptacle and operate for a few minutes to stress the connections.

If you suspect the antenna remove the N connector and slap it against your open palm. If you see droplets of water the tape seal failed. Ordinarily a few drops might not seem like a lot but the aluminum braid on the coax when exposed to moisture will oxidize and eventually cause the electrical properties of the braid to fail. The coax supplied has aluminum braid. The addition of silicone grease in the void between the female nut on the N connector and the center conductor will fill the voids when tightened and displace any water caused by tape wrapping failures. Fat fingers are not good for wrapping connectors.

Kailrusha I hope you can get some ideas from this long post.

John
          F-RPVD1

Comment

RPLL3 is online and F-RPLP1 offline.
            Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-12-07, 08:19.

Comment

I just check my ADS-B the. RJ45 Got Loose. I change the connector and it runs fine now. But sadly Our Local IPDSLAM Runs on battery for 18 hours only so I dont have internet now.
              RPVO1

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                RPLL3 is online and F-RPLP1 offline.
                Screenshot_2014-12-07-16-09-34.png

Yes F-RPLL3 Is online
                Ice
                F-RPLL3

Comment

Sunday 4:32 pm Typhoon Ruby Update..Feeder at Risk

The center rotation of weakened remnants of Typhoon "Ruby" is moving faster toward Manila Bay. The location at 4:32 is here leaving a swath of destruction in Samar, Albay and Masbate. Even as far away as Sabah the tail of "Ruby" is causing havoc

Now the storm surge may cause the worst damage depending if the surge arrives at high tide.

From the looks of the video on Albay Province, Legazpi City, F-RPLP1 is probably safe but just without power right now.

John
                  F-RPVD1
                  Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-12-07, 10:10.

Comment

Now using my Globe Phone for Internet. so i can provide Tracking for ADS-B
                    RPVO1

Comment

Now using my Globe Phone for Internet. so i can provide Tracking for ADS-B
                      Did you connect your FR24 Box to your Phone?

Comment

No I use Globe Business SIM from my Smart Phone removed the SIM then insert it to Globe Tattoo Stick. then Using Tplink Router with 3G USB Modem Support im able to share my internet

If we have 1 week Brownout here my bill maybe round more or less 2K cause my office use the internet
                        RPVO1

Comment

MLAT Opportunities for the Coming Week

I expect TS "Ruby" to cease its movement to the northwest since it is butting up to the cold China high pressure area that is moving south. "Ruby" will weaken further and be caught in the northeast monsoon resulting in a low pressure area with no place to go defined as a cut-off low. Being caught in the northeast monsoon airflow, it will meander back across Luzon as a rain event before continuing into the Pacific to die. Maybe a rare snow in Baguio this year.

By Tuesday, Philippine Air Force C130s from Clark and Villamor Air Base (NAIA) and possibility Cebu will be delivering relief supplies to Samar, Albay and Masbate provinces. C130s and freighters from other countries will be detectable on your FR24 receivers if MLAT is working. With the return of F-RPLP1 the welcome addition of F-RPLL3, collaboration with F-RPVII1 and F-RPV01 over the calamity areas is assured. If the runways are insufficient for heavy aircraft, it's probable that Cebu will be the distribution point using ferries and turbo-props furnished by PAL Express and Cebu Pacific.

Hopefully by the end of the week things will return to normal.

John
                          F-RPVD1
                          Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-12-07, 11:39.

Comment

When Ruby hits manila I will turn off My FR24 Receiver
                            Ice
                            F-RPLL3

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                              Birdie, still fat and sassy. I checked both the FR24 page and my virtual radar link below and both are alive and well.

How are you doing over there in Singapore in the new MLAT era. Is that station of yours still making it across the big water to the land of smoke?

Been to long since we caught up last.

John
                              F-RPVD1
                              Hi John,

Quite busy lately until I forgot my password to login here.

Still receiving across the waters until Natuna Island in the South China Sea ( not West Philippines Sea !).

Lately having daily thunderstorms. Intend to raise the antenna by about 1 metre and realign the antenna to give more directional gain into the South.

Currently, getting about 265 nm.
                              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost
                                The Sultan of Brunei sent his private B747 to Cebu with supplies for the displaced because of Typhoon "Ruby". It will land within minutes.

Brunei is the first ASEAN country to provide assistance.

John
                                F-RPVD1
                                All the planes in Brunei belong to The Sultan of Brunei.

Brunei Aids to Typhoon victims.jpg

We’re sorry. The page you are looking for appears to have moved or does not exist. Check the URL or try using our search function at the top right. Alternatively, you might want to check out these top stories:  
                                Last edited by Birdie; 2014-12-08, 04:53.
                                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
                                X