PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Morning UpDate, Feeder at Risk

At 5 am feeder F-RPLP1 around Legazpi seems to be offline. The eye wall of "Ruby" is bearing down on Legazpi on its march to Manila.

Remember the typhoon recently that hit Tacloban continued northward and wreaked havoc in Legazpi also taking out power for a long time. This storm is going to make landfall at Legazpi with its 200 kmh winds changing from north to south across the eye wall. Watch the satellite imagery that is updated 32 minutes past the hour. Loss of life and property will be the norm. Even those in shelters will be at risk.

If you know anyone in this storms path, call them NOW to seek protected shelter on high ground. Time is past boarding up the windows...GET OUT!

Set a radar filter for F-RPLP1 AND F-RPLL1 AND RPLL2 to check their status through all this.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-12-05, 22:48.

Comment

Base in Noaa Image satellite its look like typhoon Moving West Now. Here in Leyte we can feel a Moderate Gale. Power Plants will continue supply Electricy untill NGCP or Plants Shutsdown.

RPLP1 Still Online. Just saw it Few Minutes ago. At Current report it will hit somewhere bettwen Borongan Eastern Samar and Norther Samar
      Last edited by Kailrusha; 2014-12-06, 00:41.
      RPVO1

Comment

Screenshot_2014-12-06-11-53-54.png

There Are NO Classes due to typhoon RUBY
        Ice
        F-RPLL3

Comment

Saturday Noon UpDate, Feeder at Risk

The typhoon "Ruby" has weakened slightly and is slowly moving toward Legazpi, Albay. The upper level winds of the southwest monsoon is scattering the outer rain bands of the typhoon and holding it on a northwest track. In the past several hours "Ruby" has lost its well defined eye even though it remains a deadly storm.

As RPVO1 reported F-RPLP1 is online.

After the projectiles thrown by the high winds subside, the storm surge follows. The latest storm surge warnings are here:

The Governor of Albay province estimated the time of arrival as after midnight Sunday.

Eastern Samar is being battered now and a major highway has been blocked by landslides.

Power outages related to "Ruby" have begun.

Storm signals may be raised tomorrow for Manila.

PAL cancels 41 flights over the weekend while Cebu Pacific had cancellations also.

John
          F-RPVD1
          Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-12-06, 05:31.

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
            The typhoon "Ruby" has weakened slightly and is slowly moving toward Legazpi, Albay. The upper level winds of the southwest monsoon is scattering the outer rain bands of the typhoon and holding it on a northwest track. In the past several hours "Ruby" has lost its well defined eye even though it remains a deadly storm.

As RPVO1 reported F-RPLP1 is online.

After the projectiles thrown by the high winds subside, the storm surge follows. The latest storm surge warnings are here:

The Governor of Albay province estimated the time of arrival as after midnight Sunday.

Eastern Samar is being battered now and a major highway has been blocked by landslides.

Power outages related to "Ruby" have begun.

Storm signals may be raised tomorrow for Manila.

John
            F-RPVD1
            John,

Are you OK ? I can't see your Radar online.
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Strong Winds here today in Leyte. But we still have electricity.
              RPVO1

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                John,

Are you OK ? I can't see your Radar online.
                Birdie, still fat and sassy. I checked both the FR24 page and my virtual radar link below and both are alive and well.

How are you doing over there in Singapore in the new MLAT era. Is that station of yours still making it across the big water to the land of smoke?

Been to long since we caught up last.

John
                F-RPVD1

Comment

John do you Know Why Is the F-RPLL3 IS Offline For a Very Long Time?
                  Ice
                  F-RPLL3

Comment

Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                    John do you Know Why Is the F-RPLL3 IS Offline For a Very Long Time?
                    Your guess is as good as mine.

The trouble with FREE stuff is that it requires some responsibility on the part of the recipient. Just by looking at an application you don't really know how reliable and trustworthy the applicant is. The question on the application of can you install and maintain it.....most would say yes knowing that they would be rejected if they check no. Nowadays most are not homeowners but rent either apartments or condos with restrictive covenants. If the landlord says no you will not be able to put an antenna where you took pictures from and sent to FR24 with the application.

Suppose you get a free box and open it, connect the cables together and plug it into the modem and hang the antenna out the window...you can get verified and assigned a F-number. If your landlord or live-in partner or the government says no, FR24 has wasted their resources. Any one of these scenarios could be the reason we do not see radar receivers online tracking planes. Here in the Philippines it is hard to earn middle class wages and most times require someone in the household to work overseas. If that someone is the recipient of the FR24 receiver, it has to be left to whoever is left at home to keep it online even though they don't feel the same responsibility as the recipient.

Probably, 40% of new FREE receivers will not be tracking planes after 2 months because they have been there, done that, and now have the FR24 tee shirt. As more receivers are added to hub areas the radar attributes result in fewer and fewer planes attributed to the recipient on the FR24 map so they become frustrated and quit tracking. This is normal moving forward into the MLAT era but their service is needed and appreciated.

John
                    F-RPVD1

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                      Your guess is as good as mine.

The trouble with FREE stuff is that it requires some responsibility on the part of the recipient. Just by looking at an application you don't really know how reliable and trustworthy the applicant is. The question on the application of can you install and maintain it.....most would say yes knowing that they would be rejected if they check no. Nowadays most are not homeowners but rent either apartments or condos with restrictive covenants. If the landlord says no you will not be able to put an antenna where you took pictures from and sent to FR24 with the application.

Suppose you get a free box and open it, connect the cables together and plug it into the modem and hang the antenna out the window...you can get verified and assigned a F-number. If your landlord or live-in partner or the government says no, FR24 has wasted their resources. Any one of these scenarios could be the reason we do not see radar receivers online tracking planes. Here in the Philippines it is hard to earn middle class wages and most times require someone in the household to work overseas. If that someone is the recipient of the FR24 receiver, it has to be left to whoever is left at home to keep it online even though they don't feel the same responsibility as the recipient.

Probably, 40% of new FREE receivers will not be tracking planes after 2 months because they have been there, done that, and now have the FR24 tee shirt. As more receivers are added to hub areas the radar attributes result in fewer and fewer planes attributed to the recipient on the FR24 map so they become frustrated and quit tracking. This is normal moving forward into the MLAT era but their service is needed and appreciated.

John
                      F-RPVD1
                      Thanks For The Information
                      Ice
                      F-RPLL3

Comment

I feel worried today. Last night around 11pm ADS-B Went Offline. today i reset the power which connects to ADS-B- it went online a few minutes ang Offline Again. I hope its not damage due to Water. And i hope its only a loos Power Outlet. I Inclose the device inside a IP67 BOX for Outdoor use. and Sealed its Edges.
                        RPVO1

Comment

Originally posted by Kailrusha View Post
                          I feel worried today. Last night around 11pm ADS-B Went Offline. today i reset the power which connects to ADS-B- it went online a few minutes ang Offline Again. I hope its not damage due to Water. And i hope its only a loos Power Outlet. I Inclose the device inside a IP67 BOX for Outdoor use. and Sealed its Edges.
                          Does the FR24 Box Turns Off by itself?
                          Ice
                          F-RPLL3

Comment

I Havent Check it Yet cause its raining Outside and windy. It Might be a Loos Plug or Loos RJ 45. My question is if its get damage. as agreement ill return this ADS-B to them. will they give me a replacement?

I just miss the opportunity to serve during the time of needs
                            Last edited by Kailrusha; 2014-12-07, 03:27.
                            RPVO1

Comment

Originally posted by Kailrusha View Post
                              I Havent Check it Yet cause its raining Outside and windy. It Might be a Loos Plug or Loos RJ 45. My question is if its get damage. as agreement ill return this ADS-B to them. will they give me a replacement?
                              Yes They will Give You A replacement.

Beacause when My Coax Cable Was Damaged They sent me a replacement cable
                              Ice
                              F-RPLL3

Comment

10meters Coax is to Short. for me. i force this to mount antenna near the top of my tower and the ADS-B 10 meters Bellow. The Tower is around 30meters Height.

When shipping the item will they ask to send whole device and coax and Antenna or only the damage ADS-B
                                RPVO1

Comment

Working...
                                X