[ATTACH=CONFIG]7475[/ATTACH]
    Ohh That's nice Boom enjoy feeding to FR24
    Kurt Gavino
    F-RPUN1
    Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines

Comment

• Hello Guys I just want to share my pictures of the ADS-B antenna setup:
      IMG_6383.jpg
      First is the antenna of my internet PLDT HomeBro Ultera and FlightAware antenna:
      IMG_6384.jpg
      Second is that in the left side is the FR24 antenna while in the right side is the Radarbox24 with VHF receiver:
      IMG_6385.jpg
      Kurt Gavino
      F-RPUN1

Comment

• Two FR24 Receivers Light UP This Week F-RPMO1 Ozamis City and F-RPMI1 Iligan City

Boom your F-RPMI1 and F-RPMO1 across at Ozamis City just came on line this week. I thought it strange for them to assign you Ozamis City airport but stranger things have happened. Now we know you have a neighbor across the water that's hosting also.

I did observe a flight land and taxi to the terminal this morning at Ozamis City. I thought F-RPMO1 was you but evidently that receiver is almost within sight of the airport. Whoever is hosting that receiver is welcome here also.

John
        F-RPVD1
        Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
          Boom your F-RPMI1 and F-RPMO1 across at Ozamis City just came on line this week. I thought it strange for them to assign you Ozamis City airport but stranger things have happened. Now we know you have a neighbor across the water that's hosting also.

I did observe a flight land and taxi to the terminal this morning at Ozamis City. I thought F-RPMO1 was you but evidently that receiver is almost within sight of the airport. Whoever is hosting that receiver is welcome here also.

John
          F-RPVD1
          Dumaguete
          That was I thought because I haven't raised and put online of the receiver during that time. But anyway, how can I check if my antenna has the maximum range it can received.

Comment

• Second Zamboanga FR24 Receiver F-RPMZ3 is Online

One of the missing Zamboanga receivers has popped up online. It is F-RPMZ3. It's coverage area southeast of Zamboanga is similar to F-RPMZ1. It's location is yet to be determined.

John
            F-RPVD1
            Dumaguete
            Last edited by paradiselost; 2016-05-01, 21:14.

Comment

• Its good to see that my average range is about 190 nm (as mentioned in the statistics page).
              Despite the fact that my antenna was about 2-3 meters above my roof line. I could raise the antenna but that would require me the build more sturdy pole mast and raise it up for about 9 meters in total length from the ground. I still have extra meters of coaxial wire.

fr24-rpmi1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by boom_box87 View Post
                Its good to see that my average range is about 190 nm (as mentioned in the statistics page).
                Despite the fact that my antenna was about 2-3 meters above my roof line. I could raise the antenna but that would require me the build more sturdy pole mast and raise it up for about 9 meters in total length from the ground. I still have extra meters of coaxial wire.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7488[/ATTACH]
                Boom we have previously discussed what it takes to get maximum range and coverage but it takes investment on your part. I'm sure your dad is a good ham radio operator but the only frequency he is familiar with may be 2 meters which is double the frequency of ADSB. The receive signal from 2 meters is many times what the signal from an ADSB equipped aircraft transmits at 250 miles.

With this tiny signal to be received by your antenna and receiver there can be no obstruction between the antenna and the aircraft to be tracked. Obstructions include trees and buildings between the two.

The neighboring receiver at Oramiz City has many times more coverage than your setup. Since you can't climb your mast you just have to assume that there are obstructions E-W-N and S from your antenna resulting in generally poor 360 degree coverage from your mast. Elevating the antenna sufficiently to overlook the obstruction is your only recourse to be able to track planes from farther away and track them longer. Of course that takes investment and labor.

The function of the GPS receiver is to be able to lock in on a number of GPS satellites in view to set up timing and location critical to MLAT. The more satellites in view of the receiver improves the accuracy of this timing. Put the GPS receiver as far up the mast as the 5 meters of cable will allow.

John
                F-RPVD1
                Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by kurtgavino15 View Post
                  That's nice Boom I can't wait to see you online, me not yet busy these days in the beach lol bet this may I will activate it
                  Kurt it has been several weeks since your vacation started and we haven't seen the second receiver online yet.

You must be frolicking on the beach with your new VP elect. hahaha

John
                  F-RPVD1
                  Dumaguete

Comment

• Kalibo is back online with a replacement receiver.

Kalibo, Aklan is back online again with what appears as a replacement receiver. The old receiver was F-RPVK1. The new receiver is F-RPVK2.

If any of you have problems with your receiver try to find answers here and if that fails contact support@fr24.com and fully describe the symptoms and what you have tried. After a period of time they may decide you need a new receiver and will ship it as soon as possible. The replacement receiver will have the trailing number in the original receiver incremented by 1 if it is available, but if you are in an area of lots of airport overlapping receivers your new number will be something that is available for assignment.

Rats like to eat ethernet cable and if you get the offline reminder look at the port light on your modem to see if it is lighted. Cycle the modem by turning the power to the receiver off and on and see if the port light on the modem lights. If not, trace down the route of the ethernet cable and check for any breaks in the wrap where a conductor could be broken. A broken green conductor will prevent the modem light from lighting and the led next to the ethernet cable on the receiver from lighting.

Ethernet cable conductors are not copper but can be repaired in a pinch by twisting the stripped ends of the broken conductor and taping the joint.

John
                    F-RPVD1
                    Dumaguete

Comment

• F-RPMG1 Dipolog is back online

F-RPMG1 Dipolog is back online.

That almost completes the Mindanao receivers we haven't seen in a long while.

John
                      F-RPVD1
                      Dumaguete

Comment

• Successfully activated F-RPUN2
                        Kurt Gavino
                        F-RPUN1

Comment

• Hi Friends,
                          T-RPLL16 will be interrupted today because of moving. After this moving, will come back on 12th Aug.
                          Impact of this moving might reduce reception of ground A/C on NAIA. however I expecting to increase reception direct to Manila Bay and south China sea if it available..
                          thank you very much for kind understandings.
                          Regards,
                          T-RPLL16

Comment

• F-RPUS2 is down since 7/29 due to lightning strike this is the 2nd replacement already. I believe they won't replace it anymore but still have F-KLGB4 in the US.

Comment

• I got a email today asking to return the equipment on my F-RPUS2, when the first one went out I didn't even bother asking for a refund when I return it back just to help them out. I decided to return everything even my US hosting F-KLGB4. Thanks everybody.

Comment

• T-RPLL20 (OMDB6) Malate, Manila Checking In

Comment

Working...
                                X