No announcement yet.

PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patsada! Rasp pi. I prefer quarter wave than a collinear. Use an RG6 coax for best result. Add a pre amp. Enclosed the receiver using a metallic box. Add a 1090 filter to avoid unwanted nearby strong fm am, tv broadcast and cellular interference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by John-h View Post
      Hi kurtgavino15,
      What kind of information do you want?
      I'm just connect RasPi2, dongle, and antenna, then type command described in "Instructions" provided with FR24 site below.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

No more settings are necessary except of above
      ohh ok no information, John gave it but Thank you
      Kurt Gavino
      F-RPUN1
      Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
        I mounted the dongle in a 1 or 1 1/2 liter upside down plastic bottle with the bottom removed with the antenna taped to a bit of bamboo that supported the whole thing. Dongles in my case didn't work using longer than 10 meters of usb extension cables.

Ten meter usb extension cables are available in Manila. Below is one such ad, give them a call if you are interested.
        Hi John,
        That's good idea to use plastic bottle!

But before that, I need to cut antenna element to resonate 1090MHz.
        Attached element for dangle is too long to use at 1090MHz.

I also used 20 meter USB cable in Japan, but it was not extension. It was "Active repeater USB cable".
        On USB industrial standard, 5 meter of extension is limitation of USB electric characteristics.

Anyway, thank you so much for your kind informations.
        I'll try my best effort for extend range of receptance!

John-h

Comment

• Originally posted by skyspotter View Post
          Patsada! Rasp pi. I prefer quarter wave than a collinear. Use an RG6 coax for best result. Add a pre amp. Enclosed the receiver using a metallic box. Add a 1090 filter to avoid unwanted nearby strong fm am, tv broadcast and cellular interference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Hi sky's potter,
          Thanks for kind recommendations.
          I still not checked yet. However, I suppose not so strong interference source are near or here.

Most important requirement is resonated element and good ground plane. Then small antenna.
          At first I'll try to cut the element as 1/4 wave as you said, then put radials for optimum resonance for 1090MHz.

Trying collinear will be on next stage

Thanks and regards,
          John-h

Comment

• Solutions for Mounting Your Receiver Up Your Mast

Originally posted by John-h View Post
            Hi John,
            That's good idea to use plastic bottle!

But before that, I need to cut antenna element to resonate 1090MHz.
            Attached element for dangle is too long to use at 1090MHz.

I also used 20 meter USB cable in Japan, but it was not extension. It was "Active repeater USB cable".
            On USB industrial standard, 5 meter of extension is limitation of USB electric characteristics.

Anyway, thank you so much for your kind informations.
            I'll try my best effort for extend range of receptance!

John-h
            John-h there is another solution I use here for receivers that have ethernet connections and are mounted on the mast making them inaccessible without climbing. They use the power connection up the mast to the receiver to transmit the data directly to your modem's ethernet port. Using these, the distance from your receiver to the modem can be 100 meters or more. Restarting your receiver is as simple as turning the power to the receiver off and back on. If your receiver is on a high rise plugging to any outlet up there will provide the data to any receptacle down below provided they are on the same transformer.

Some CDRKING locations have them and if you are interested call around till you find stock or order them online. Here is the device.

John
            F-RPVD1
            Dumaguete

Comment

• Already purchased materials today. 10 meters of 3/4" GI pipe.
              1" seems too heavy to raise up by my self.

I'll try raise up it and install it as soon as possible by tomorrow morning.

Comment

• PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Originally posted by John-h View Post
                Hi sky's potter,
                Thanks for kind recommendations.
                I still not checked yet. However, I suppose not so strong interference source are near or here.

Most important requirement is resonated element and good ground plane. Then small antenna.
                At first I'll try to cut the element as 1/4 wave as you said, then put radials for optimum resonance for 1090MHz.

Trying collinear will be on next stage

Thanks and regards,
                John-h
                Awkie John, i had no luck with collinear, i made three with different materials but seems to me not good for receiving. I ended up making my own design that everybody also followed and tested, and it works. They have there Spider i have my own complicated spider. And by the way, i added a filter and an Amp near the antenna powered by an injector. im using a modified dump1090 for my raw viewing. What is the brand of your dongle? Guys, dont be confused, my location is not from PH but i am familiar with the place, been there for 40 yrs of my life thats why i enjoy staying and monitoring this thread. My FR24 radar is T-KSAT5, am 5 minutes close to San Antonio International Airport Texas. I will add a radar next year near Laguindingan Airport about 30minutes. Here is my design.
                Last edited by skyspotter; 2016-04-30, 11:06.

Comment

• Originally posted by boom_box87 View Post
                  Already purchased materials today. 10 meters of 3/4" GI pipe.
                  1" seems too heavy to raise up by my self.

I'll try raise up it and install it as soon as possible by tomorrow morning.
                  That's nice Boom I can't wait to see you online, me not yet busy these days in the beach lol bet this may I will activate it
                  Kurt Gavino
                  F-RPUN1

Comment

• I was able to raise it up for at least 3 meters above my roof.. I'll just monitor this height for the mean time if it's able to receive traffic feed.
                    Right now I have no idea how to access my premium account and how to know it's current range.

Comment

I was able to raise it up for at least 3 meters above my roof.. I'll just monitor this height for the mean time if it's able to receive traffic feed.
                      Right now I have no idea how to access my premium account and how to know it's current range.
                      You will know it soon Boom because you just activated it, FR24 will email soon your premium account so don't worry, is your FR24 online now?
                      Last edited by kurtgavino15; 2016-05-01, 07:11.
                      Kurt Gavino
                      F-RPUN1

Comment

• Yes.. mode-s flickers red and GPS blinks green..

Comment

Yes.. mode-s flickers red and GPS blinks green..
                          Ohh ok Boom Flightradar24 will email you soon so don't worry, can you show me the Flightradar24 device and your antenna setup, can you send me a picture? Thank you
                          Kurt Gavino
                          F-RPUN1

Comment

• Here it is.. This are just temporary.. I will still fix that hanging wire..

IMG_20160501_153311.jpgIMG_20160501_153811.jpg

Comment

• Ohh ok I see it it's nice, but make it higher so that the range of yours would increase, enjoy
                              Last edited by kurtgavino15; 2016-05-01, 08:16.
                              Kurt Gavino
                              F-RPUN1

Comment

• It's up right now.. My designated call sign is F-RPMI1

radarview.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X