PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    It takes a while for Fr24 to do their verification checks but you are now making it to the FR24 map.

Thanks for checking in and helping with the northeast quadrant of Luzon. You join RPUB AND RPUS in the Lingayan Gulf region.

Your contribution is appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6331[/ATTACH]

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Thank you Sir!

I also would like to inform just few minutes ago I adjusted or increase my antenna height around 1.2 meters then I check coverage and here are my observations:
    1.) RPUT now strengthen the reception with RPUB from NorthWest Philippines compared yesterday, RPUT can only mange to detect North East Philippines
    2.) RPUT can now detect domestic flight here in Tuguegarao (from RPLL4 or RPUB) from previously in Cauayan City now closer to my location which is San Pablo Isabela

Happy!

Plan: Next time, I still need to increase my antenna height (low altitude = poor reception = increase antenna height)

Best regards To All,
    F-RPUT1

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
      It takes a while for Fr24 to do their verification checks but you are now making it to the FR24 map.

Thanks for checking in and helping with the northeast quadrant of Luzon. You join RPUB AND RPUS in the Lingayan Gulf region.

Your contribution is appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6331[/ATTACH]

John
      F-RPVD1
      Dumaguete

Thank you Sir!

I also would like to inform just few minutes ago I adjusted or increase my antenna height around 1.2 meters then I check coverage and here are my observations:
      1.) RPUT now strengthen the reception with RPUB from NorthWest Philippines compared yesterday, RPUT can only mange to detect North East Philippines
      2.) RPUT can now detect domestic flight here in Tuguegarao (from RPLL4 or RPUB) from previously in Cauayan City now closer to my location which is San Pablo Isabela

Happy!

Plan: Next time, I still need to increase my antenna height (low altitude = poor reception = increase antenna height)

Best regards To All,
      F-RPUT1

Comment

• Originally posted by spotugue View Post
        Thank you Sir!

Happy!

Best regards To All,
        F-RPUT1
        Please see attched pics. Tnx
        spotugue2.pngspotugue.png

Comment

• Greetings,

My flightradar replacement is in transit and was just cleared at custom, i might receive it tuesday - thursday. Hopefully they send a brand new one not a refurb as the 1st item that i received.

Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 7.43.45 PM.jpg

Comment

• Greetings,

My flightradar is back online and my new radar code is RPUS2 now instead of RPUS1. The range of my flightradar is just 72 nm sometimes less, i need to take down the antenna to clean it and i guess water went to the antenna connector.

Comment

• Hello guys F-RPLL3 Is now online
              Ice
              F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                Hello guys F-RPLL3 Is now online
                Noel are you in the same location? Is that a replacement receiver?

John
                F-RPVD1
                Dumaguete

Comment

• Yes, It is just a replacement receiver For F-RPLL2
                  Ice
                  F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                    Yes, It is just a replacement receiver For F-RPLL2

Why you didn't use back the old Radar Code ? Email Support and request them to amend it.
                    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• How many days will the receiver arrived from FR24 to Philippines? Because I just apply for hosting and my location is approved and they are now arranging the ADS-B equipment to send it to me but they don't give me yet the Tracking number. Thanks
                      Kurt Gavino
                      F-RPUN1
                      Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines

Comment

• Hello

I have just registered to volunter to become a feeder here in Mindanao. Particularly here in Iligan City. Is there any existing feeders near my location?

Comment

• Originally posted by kurtgavino15 View Post
                          How many days will the receiver arrived from FR24 to Philippines? Because I just apply for hosting and my location is approved and they are now arranging the ADS-B equipment to send it to me but they don't give me yet the Tracking number. Thanks
                          Kurt we welcome you. I will answer your questions and provide answers to some questions you may have not thought of yet.

When you get approval as you have, FR24 will schedule a shipment from their vendor sometimes taking a month. When they are ready to ship they will send you a tracking number by email. In times past they use DHL for their shipment and it takes about 7 business days to arrive at your house. The customs duties have already been taken care of.

Now you need to think of where you will put the mast to get the most coverage and what height the antenna needs to be above ground and above the surrounding trees and structures. Microwave from the airplanes will not penetrate higher buildings around you and the green foliage of trees. Safety should be the foremost thing in your mind, if the mast falls in a high wind will it come in contact with power lines.

The kit from FR24 comes with 10 mtrs of high quality low loss coax. The receiver is optimized for this length of coax. If you need to place the antenna higher encase the receiver in a waterproof box attached up the mast with a power connection and lengthen the ethernet cable that connects between the receiver and the modem.

Guy your mast with 16 gauge wire. One and 1/2 inch GI pipe cemented in the ground and supported against a wall or fence is sufficient properly guyed to survive the typhoon winds in your area.

If you are close to the Naga Airport your potential tracking range is represented naga.jpg, In The Air and 10000 and 40000 heights selected. The Brownish ring seen by zooming out on the map is the 10000 foot aircraft target range and the blue line is targets up to 40000 feet or over. http://www.heywhatsthat.com/?view=MPAFU0H4

Naturally this is theoretical not taking into account your neighbors multistory houses or tall leafy trees higher than your antenna.

Don't be disappointed if you see few aircraft on the FR24 map attributed to your radar because we have plenty of overlapping radars in your area such as the Manila radars and the one at Legaspi and the Kalibo and Bacolod and Leyte sites.

MLAT on the other hand requires 4 sites tracking the same target which will enable your receiver to join with the other nearby sites to enable expanded MLAT coverage. Aircraft not having working ADsB equipment but Mode-S only are tracked by MLAT. Examples are military, general aviation and Turboprops used by Cebu Pacific and Pal Express.

Things to be acquired in the meantime are lengths of GI pipe, 16 gauge galvanized guy wire, mounts if attaching the mast to the eave, a multitude of 12 inch black cable ties, a waterproof box if necessary to extend the antenna to the top of the mast, a power receptacle, switch or plug to disconnect and reconnect the power remotely, and ethernet extension. Typically the cost borne by you for the installation is about P5,000 to host a receiver.

Kurt please keep us informed.

John
                          F-RPVD1
                          Dumaguete
                          Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-11-11, 12:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by boom_box87 View Post
                            Hello

I have just registered to volunter to become a feeder here in Mindanao. Particularly here in Iligan City. Is there any existing feeders near my location?
                            Feeders come and go but we have 3 working feeders in the area of CDO, naturally I am one at Dumaguete and we have a good one in Leyte and two good ones in Cebu that overlap your potential coverage around Iligan City.

One in Dipolog hasn't been seen much.

It takes a while to be approved so just be patient and provide the information they request.

John
                            F-RPVD1
                            Dumaguete

Comment

• Thank you for welcoming me, Yes the application was approved last Nov. 7 and Flightradar24 said that "Usually it takes about one week between a location being approved and the equipment being sent" , I will put the antenna on my roof at the top of the tv antenna and our surroundings is a farmland so no worries in obstraction, I am not disappointed even if I see only few aircraft on the FR24 attributed because the important is that you are feeding to Flightradar24, Yes it can also increase the MLAT coverage because some of the airplanes here in Naga Airport use Turboprops Pal Express so it is a advantage, Yes I will prepare the things you said and follow it so that I can have a better coverage. Thank you John
                              Kurt Gavino
                              F-RPUN1

Comment

• Is Flightradar24 will pay the shipping international fee and the ads-b equipments or I will pay?
                                Last edited by kurtgavino15; 2015-11-11, 14:18.
                                Kurt Gavino
                                F-RPUN1

Comment

Working...
                                X