Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Kailrusha View Post
    I Just saw F-RPVB1 Bacolod today, while the plane is around Ozamiz City and Panay Island. its Active.

Yes, i have good coverage with my ADS-B. From Marindugue, Southern Part of Mindoro, Naga City, Virac. West part is is between Cuyo Island and Damaran Island In Palawan, South I can Cover near Zamboanga City, Near General Santos City, Samal Island , East is Samar, Leyte, Dinagat Island, Pacific Ocean. and the Whole Visayas Area is Covered.

So far Palawan and Jolo is Our Blind Spot here in Philippines
    Jolo is well covered. Look here

VRS ZAM2.JPG

Join the Philippine Radar Project

Quote Originally Posted by Zamboanga Radar View Post

VRS ZAM2.JPG

Good News To Hear That Jolo is covered.
    Ice
    F-RPLL3

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboanga Radar View Post

VRS ZAM2.JPG

Nice. i havent been in Zamboanga. Is your northern part covered with High Mountain.
    RPVO1

I Just saw F-RPVB1 Bacolod today, while the plane is around Ozamiz City and Panay Island. its Active.
    Yes I saw Bacolod online for a time today also but it seems like it is off tonight. Time will tell what their schedule is.

Yes, i have good coverage with my ADS-B. From Marindugue, Southern Part of Mindoro, Naga City, Virac. West part is is between Cuyo Island and Damaran Island In Palawan, South I can Cover near Zamboanga City, Near General Santos City, Samal Island , East is Samar, Leyte, Dinagat Island, Pacific Ocean. and the Whole Visayas Area is Covered.
    You have good receiver range, you did a good job analyzing your location then following through with good engineering practice.

So far Palawan and Jolo is Our Blind Spot here in Philippines
    The new receiver in transit that will be installed somewhere between Dipolog and Zamboanga will improve the Sulu Sea coverage. The mountain range west of me limits my coverage to 50 miles west of Negros Island.

A friend of mine used to feed from the northern most point of Siquijor Island and his range was very similar to yours. Like many of us he was using a DVT stick and home made antenna in the early days.

My friend in Zamboanga is rather limited because of terrain and trees so his range plot is jagged. Most also have to earn a living besides tracking planes so maintenance time is valuable. He has the materials waiting for him to have time to upgrade the bamboo mast with GI pipe elevating the antenna in the process. Several brownouts a day are the norm down there. The coverage area link below includes his receiver which will improve immensely after the mast upgrade.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-12-03 at 13:46.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post

My friend in Zamboanga is rather limited because of terrain and trees so his range plot is jagged. Most also have to earn a living besides tracking planes so maintenance time is valuable. He has the materials waiting for him to have time to upgrade the bamboo mast with GI pipe elevating the antenna in the process. Several brownouts a day are the norm down there. The coverage area link below includes his receiver which will improve immensely after the mast upgrade.

John
    F-RPVD1
    That is correct. Actually the range now is what the GI mast provide standing 105m amsl. The FR24 GPS is already 89.9m amsl. You can't have a better picture than that due to terrain issues. The radar coverage actually follows that terrain survey, except the eastern portion onwards to General Santos which is blocked by a big and tall tree.
    zam_terrain_survey.jpg

And if you take a closer look at the coverage, the edges are aircraft "Airways" and they all converge in ZAM junction.
    zam_airway.jpg

Last edited by Zamboanga Radar; 2014-12-03 at 23:50.

Philippine Feeders Be prepared For typhoon "RUBY"
    Ice
    F-RPLL3

Quote Originally Posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
    Philippine Feeders Be prepared For typhoon "RUBY"
    I always keep an eye on this site when typhoons are around

At 3 pm Friday looks like the eye is headed for Manila. It will test your guy wires and double sided tape. If it hits at high tide look out for flooding and power outages.

It looks like the Visayas missed out on the monthly calamity. The grocery stores were packed last night...preparation has greatly improved.

AircraftSpotterPH have plenty of batteries and stay safe

John
    F-RPVD1

Quote Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
    I always keep an eye on this site when typhoons are around

At 3 pm Friday looks like the eye is headed for Manila. It will test your guy wires and double sided tape. If it hits at high tide look out for flooding and power outages.

It looks like the Visayas missed out on the monthly calamity. The grocery stores were packed last night...preparation has greatly improved.

AircraftSpotterPH have plenty of batteries and stay safe

John
    F-RPVD1
    Thanks for the tip.
    Ice
    F-RPLL3

Passenger
    I been monitor this Typhoon since it was low pressure in Micronesia.

All my Radio WISP has been removed and secured. except the ADS-B it will be tested Tomorrow. I may have 24/7 electricity here in my place but if Brownout lasted for 24 hours. Telephone Company Cant Service us for more than 17hours. So No More Internet for ADS-B
    Last edited by Kailrusha; 2014-12-05 at 15:26.
    RPVO1

First officer
    All you guys in the Philippines. Be safe and take care of yourself. Keeping my fingers crossed that this typhoon will not do too much harm to you or your country.