PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    There is no advantage of having two FR24 receivers in the same house or mast. This industrial grade equipment cost money. If you want to assist another service apply with them for their free system but regardless they will basically track the same aircraft with minor differences.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Ohh ok Thank you John but it is possible to install two radars in the same house but higher mast regardless of industrial grade equipment cost money?
    Kurt Gavino
    F-RPUN1
    Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines

Comment

• Originally posted by kurtgavino15 View Post
      Ohh ok Thank you John but it is possible to install two radars in the same house but higher mast regardless of industrial grade equipment cost money?
      Yes you can install as many as you want. In the case of FR24 you would have to buy the second receiver since the free system is only for those who don't already have one of their free systems. The second receiver you buy from them will have a different F-RPUNx designation. You would be wasting your money because both systems would have similar line of sight with the higher antenna being able to see aircraft at lower altitudes but because of mountains and other obstructions and curvature of the earth the net result would be zero.

John
      F-RPVD1
      Dumaguete

The link below is an aggregate of 5 receivers. On the map click on menu and select Receiver. Receiver that has Comb which is the default shows all of the receivers and locations I control. The receivers that have - DGT in their name are on the same mast at the same height. You can change from receiver to receiver and see the planes tracked by each one.

To the right of the map is the list of aircraft being tracked at a particular time showing the receiver that is tracking at that instance. Play with the menu options..don't worry they won't break anything.
      Last edited by paradiselost; 2016-04-13, 05:51.

Comment

Yes you can install as many as you want. In the case of FR24 you would have to buy the second receiver since the free system is only for those who don't already have one of their free systems. The second receiver you buy from them will have a different F-RPUNx designation. You would be wasting your money because both systems would have similar line of sight with the higher antenna being able to see aircraft at lower altitudes but because of mountains and other obstructions and curvature of the earth the net result would be zero.

John
        F-RPVD1
        Dumaguete

The link below is an aggregate of 5 receivers. On the map click on menu and select Receiver. Receiver that has Comb which is the default shows all of the receivers and locations I control. The receivers that have - DGT in their name are on the same mast at the same height. You can change from receiver to receiver and see the planes tracked by each one.

To the right of the map is the list of aircraft being tracked at a particular time showing the receiver that is tracking at that instance. Play with the menu options..don't worry they won't break anything.
        Ok Thank you John for the info because my cousin's application is approved and my cousin's mom did not say yes to put antenna on the roof and their internet connection either is not that good sometimes and keeps disconnecting and planning it to put in my house with the same receiver and I will have 2 FR24 receivers in our house.
        Kurt Gavino
        F-RPUN1

Comment

• Hello Guys,
          Does the range of the ads-b equipment decrease overtime?
          Ice
          F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
            Hello Guys,
            No the ADS-B Equipment range don't decrease overtime maybe your cable has water and the sealant is not good because of raining and sunny days so the sudden change of temperature will cause the sealant to be brittle and that's the time the water will enter to your cable and will decrease your range so solving the problem is that put down your antenna and remove the old sealant and remove water (if have) in your cable and after that put again a new sealant and there you have it your range again will increase.
            Kurt Gavino
            F-RPUN1

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
              Hello Guys,
              Antenna systems performance does degrade over time. There are several common factors that affect line of sight view which include metropolitan hi-rise construction and near-by trees growing taller. Here in the Philippines, where we are awaiting the Wet season, weathering is also a factor.

The coax we are supplied with has an aluminum braid that is susceptible to oxidation if exposed to moisture over a period of time. The braid is composed of hundreds of tiny aluminum conductors woven tightly around an insulated copper center conductor. As the braid is exposed to moisture over a period of time oxidation occurs on the braid converting the aluminum into a white powder which is non conductive. ADS-B signals are very weak at a distance and as the braid is degraded, the receiver will not detect distant flights.

The coax supplied is marked low loss but the low loss rating is at 2.1 ghz and when used at 1090 mhz its loss becomes similar to other coax not rated as low loss.

The sealing of the N-connectors at the antenna is critical but difficult since both halves of the connector male and female have to be sealed. The typical mast climber doesn't have clean dry hands and touching the connector with the bare hands leaves oil from the sweat and dust which prevents the double sided tape from sticking securely. If the two halves of the N connector are not sealed securely, hard driving rain during the monsoon will find its way to the braid.

My experience using multiple antennas on the same mast have indicated that the line of sight for each antenna will be slightly different resulting in one antenna tracking and dropping out and another picking up the tracking for an instant in time an then the original antenna resuming tracking.

The FR24 supplied antenna from my viewpoint has a broader received area than some of the other services supplied antennas but your results may vary.

John
              F-RPVD1
              Dumaguete
              Last edited by paradiselost; 2016-04-13, 19:49.

Comment

• Waiting game starts now..

Comment

I'm glad you got approved. Just looking at the terrain around Iligan City the mountain range east of town would shield you from RPML at CDO. Since your local airport is general aviation perhaps you will be assigned F-RPMI1.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7380[/ATTACH]

The blue lines on the pic show the potential for detecting aircraft at 30,000 feet and the yellow outline is those at 10,000 feet.

When you are doing your antenna installation do a good job of sealing the coax connector at the antenna. We have rainy season approaching so this is critical because moisture entering the cable will oxidize the braid on the coax and reduce range until it quits working eventually.

We will be glad to see your station online.

John
                  F-RPVD1
                  Dumaguete
                  Taking noted on this one..

I do have those extra rubber sealant that we used when installing DTH satellite dish which uses RG-6 wire with F-type connector attached to a LNB.
                  Although I'm not quite sure if this suffice to seal the antenna.

Latest update from TNT tracker - Origin from Dachau, Bayern, Germany.
                  tnt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by boom_box87 View Post

I do have those extra rubber sealant that we used when installing DTH satellite dish which uses RG-6 wire with F-type connector attached to a LNB.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7393[/ATTACH]
                    That shipment will show arrived in manila and sent to customs and back to TNT. From there perhaps a day later they will hand it off to one of the local forwarders like LBC 2GO or JRS depending on who has offices in Iligan City. It generally takes a day or two for that forwarder to deliver it Since it will probably go to CDO and then by truck to Iligan City. The extras have already been paid for by FR24 so you will have no out of pocket expense on delivery.

If you run the ethernet cable through the attic be warned rats love it.

You can extend the height of the antenna by putting the receiver in a weatherproof box and attaching it up the mast to stay within the 10 mtr coax length. Just supply power to the box to power the receiver and purchase locally what ever length of ethernet cable you need. A metal box is preferred because it provides faraday shielding from static or lightning strikes. The GPS cable is 5 mtrs so it will mount half way between the receiver and antenna with the coax coming out of the bottom of the GPS assembly. Use your left over sealant to seal holes in the box.

The application of the double sided tape is difficult if the antenna is already mounted to its bracket. Cut the tape in strips so it can be pulled tight and overlap with the next strip. The best procedure is to start at the coax sheath wrapping up to the female N fitting and back down and then back up so you have 3 layers of waterproofing protection.

You are going to be so amazed!

Please keep us informed.

John
                    F-RPVD1
                    Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by boom_box87 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7393[/ATTACH]
                      Ohh Nice Thanks for the update from TNT Boom and for information John, actually I ordered too for my cousin and its right here indicated in TNT Tracker also below

tnt.jpg
                      Last edited by kurtgavino15; 2016-04-15, 02:50.
                      Kurt Gavino
                      F-RPUN1

Comment

• Receiving Stuff from Outside the Philippines

Shippers can designate if they pay the expense of getting the shipment to you or those extra expenses are paid by you. FR24 pays all the expenses, others do not.

If you order something from China for example, most shippers do not prepay expenses so when it arrives in Manila, you have to forward that amount to pay for customs to the shipping company before they will transfer it to a local courier. The expenses not only include the customs charge but storage over the weekend and document fees.

I have used TNT before and this delay can be two days or more past the promised date. TNT also doesn't always check to see if a particular courier serves your location and the transfer to the wrong local courier and back can add a couple of days before a new courier is selected. DHL on the otherhand seems to beat the promised delivery date.

Boom and Kurt be advised, promised delivery dates aren't always written in stone when TNT is involved.

John
                        F-RPVD1
                        Dumaguete
                        Last edited by paradiselost; 2016-04-17, 23:50.

Comment

Shippers can designate if they pay the expense of getting the shipment to you or those extra expenses are paid by you. FR24 pays all the expenses, others do not.

If you order something from China for example, most shippers do not prepay expenses so when it arrives in Manila, you have to forward that amount to pay for customs to the shipping company before they will transfer it to a local courier. The expenses not only include the customs charge but storage over the weekend and document fees.

I have used TNT before and this delay can be two days or more past the promised date. TNT also doesn't always check to see if a particular courier serves your location and the transfer to the wrong local courier and back can add a couple of days before a new courier is selected. DHL on the otherhand seems to beat the promised delivery date.

Boom and Kurt be advised, promised delivery dates aren't always written in stone when TNT is involved.

John
                          F-RPVD1
                          Dumaguete
                          Oh Thank you very much John for the info but before I ordered the first FR24 radar was also TNT Express but FR24 paid all the expenses and said that its Delivery Duty Paid or DDP for short, but I don't know now if FR24 is DDP or not, Boom and I will know soon because TNT Express now message me that there will be bill charges but no amount yet has been specified but I hope it will be shouldered all by FR24 by DDP so that I and Boom will not pay any expenses when it comes to customs it's only in the Philippines, if you know what I mean.
                          Last edited by kurtgavino15; 2016-04-18, 04:16.
                          Kurt Gavino
                          F-RPUN1

Comment

• Update for the FR24 receiver:
                            The package will have no charges and all will be shouldered by FR24 and the package is forwarded to the local courier JRS Express and expecting to arrive on April 20, 2016
                            There's a picture attached below for the transactions on TNT Express:

Untitled.jpg
                            Kurt Gavino
                            F-RPUN1

Comment

• Originally posted by kurtgavino15 View Post
                              Update for the FR24 receiver:
                              The package will have no charges and all will be shouldered by FR24 and the package is forwarded to the local courier JRS Express and expecting to arrive on April 20, 2016
                              There's a picture attached below for the transactions on TNT Express:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7418[/ATTACH]
                              Boom hasn't got that advisement yet. They are probably looking for a local courier that serves Iligan City.

John
                              F-RPVD1
                              Dumaguete

Comment

Boom hasn't got that advisement yet. They are probably looking for a local courier that serves Iligan City.

John
                                F-RPVD1
                                Dumaguete
                                Yes, I haven't got any latest update of that shipment. But I'm already expecting that JRS will be the one serve here in Iligan if it came from TNT.
                                I use to work before in JRS Iligan and TNT is their tie-up company for shipping outside the country.

Same goes to Air21 and FedEx..

Comment

Working...
                                X