PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
    Thursday night I spotted another MLAT5 contact going north from west of Clark Field, Angeles City as the result of tracking by you RPLL guys and Subic Bay and the Lingayan Gulf trackers.

As far as I can tell F-RPLC1 around Angeles City is still offline. Down south F-RPVO1 seems to be offline.

I worked with Aran in Imus City most of the day and evening and we made some progress getting his receiver online. His modem is a FiberHome and it had the lan ports except port 1 disabled from the internet in the ADMIN settings.

He was using port 1 for his desktop so where I left him last night he was configuring his desktop to use wireless and connected the receiver to port 1 where it was sending data. No word yet that FR24 is receiving that data.

Discovery of the receiver status page is next so I can check the network settings and peek at the Log for clues to any connectivity problem.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Sir John thanks for great understanding and support.
    I deeply appreciate it.
    I'll give you an update as soon as my internet connection resumes again.
    Aran
    F - RPLL5

Comment

• Range Increases F-RPVG1 & F-RPVB1

The new host at Dipolog F-RPVG1 is providing coverage deep into the Sulu Sea providing contacts in southern, central and some of northern Palawan.

Likewise the Bacolod host F-RPVB1 which had been off and on lately, possibly made some antenna adjustments or relocation because its range extends deep into the Sulu Sea making MLAT5 possible. It's position away from the airport allows tracking down to 300 ft at the Bacolod/Silay airport.

The new host at F-RPMV1 at Titay, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines has limited range and could possibly be helped by increasing the height of their antenna.

All of us have seen our range decrease as trees around us continue to grow. The only options we have are to top trim the trees or add another length of pipe to our mast. Cable length constraints can be overcome by mounting the receiver inside a weatherproof box attached to the mast and using an ethernet powerline adapter available at cdrKing.

As far as I know Aran in Imus City is still offline.

John
      F-RPVD1
      Dumaguete

Comment

All of us have seen our range decrease as trees around us continue to grow. The only options we have are to top trim the trees or add another length of pipe to our mast.

John
        F-RPVD1
        Dumaguete
        But we can't cut the trees of our neighbors. Trimming it perhaps but it would be out of our own pocket. The best option really is to add another length of the mast. That would also invite us closer to lightning strike. I should know. My mast got hit twice.

For FR24 hosts in Visayas and Mindanao, I'll be in Ipil (F-RPMV1) on 13 March, Dipolog (F-RPMG1) on 14-15 March, Dumaguete (F-RPVD1) on 16-17 March, and Cebu (F-RPVM1) on 18-20 March. Call uncle John for my number. We can perhaps meet up and chat about our passion. I might also share a thing or two about VRS.

Comment

The new host at Dipolog F-RPVG1 is providing coverage deep into the Sulu Sea providing contacts in southern, central and some of northern Palawan.

Likewise the Bacolod host F-RPVB1 which had been off and on lately, possibly made some antenna adjustments or relocation because its range extends deep into the Sulu Sea making MLAT5 possible. It's position away from the airport allows tracking down to 300 ft at the Bacolod/Silay airport.

The new host at F-RPMV1 at Titay, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines has limited range and could possibly be helped by increasing the height of their antenna.

All of us have seen our range decrease as trees around us continue to grow. The only options we have are to top trim the trees or add another length of pipe to our mast. Cable length constraints can be overcome by mounting the receiver inside a weatherproof box attached to the mast and using an ethernet powerline adapter available at cdrKing.

As far as I know Aran in Imus City is still offline.

John
          F-RPVD1
          Dumaguete
          Sir John,

I might behind a firewall.
          Can't connect to receiver's webpage.
          Here is my netstat.Netstat.jpg
          Aran
          F - RPLL5

Comment

• Originally posted by Aran09 View Post
            Sir John,

I might behind a firewall.
            Can't connect to receiver's webpage.
            Here is my netstat.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5736[/ATTACH]
            Is your Receiver Connected To the Internet?
            Can You Take A Screenshot Of your Receiver Stats Page on Flightradar24.com
            Last edited by AircraftSpotterPH; 2015-03-01, 07:46.
            Ice
            F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
              Is your Receiver Connected To the Internet?
              Can You Take A Screenshot Of your Receiver Stats Page on Flightradar24.com
              Noel Aran's is working now. It is F-RPLL5.

Aran worked hard on this and inspite of all our dead ends somehow it is working. We never did get the receiver status page to display but the proof of the pudding is it is tracking planes on the FR24 map. The FiberHome modem is a nightmare to work with. I hope you guys don't upgrade.

Skype with the share screens sure makes it easier rather than relying on my shakey fat fingers on small smart phone keys. I can talk better than I type....and it is free not eating up your load.

Aran, congratulations on a job well done.

John
              F-RPVD1
              Dumaguete

Comment

Aran worked hard on this and inspite of all our dead ends somehow it is working. We never did get the receiver status page to display but the proof of the pudding is it is tracking planes on the FR24 map. The FiberHome modem is a nightmare to work with. I hope you guys don't upgrade.

Skype with the share screens sure makes it easier rather than relying on my shakey fat fingers on small smart phone keys. I can talk better than I type....and it is free not eating up your load.

John
                F-RPVD1
                Dumaguete
                Good job both of you.

I presume F-RPLL5 it is showing as temporary radarcode Ra10 for now and there is MLAT showing above Mabalacat City.
                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-03-01, 12:50.

Comment

John
                  F-RPVD1
                  Dumaguete
                  After nearly 5 days of striving to make my receiver working.....
                  Finally it is now officially online.
                  F-RPLL5 is feeding data successfully.
                  Although sometimes its call sign is changing to Ra10.
                  I'll try to fix it a.s.a.p.

Sir John, It's a 100% NIGHTMARE to have FiberHome Modem... Fact.

Thanks for the help Sir John, Sir Noel and Sir Gerry.1.jpg
                  Aran
                  F - RPLL5

Comment

• Is there MLAT On luzon Now?
                    Ice
                    F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                      Is there MLAT On luzon Now?
                      affirm.

mlat luzon.jpg

Comment

• Regarding the PLDT Fiber Modem

As per our experience with a resort client, this is what we observed

- Not all LAN Ports are active
                        - LAN PORT 1 works for internet browsing, etc.
                        - LAN PORT 2 only works for its IPTV Device
                        - LAN PORT 3&4 not functional

- PLDT forces you to use their own DNS, if you use Google's and OpenDNS DNS you will not be able to resolve any URL.
                        (well at least that time when we implemented the project with them)

Hope this helps

Alvin O.
                        F-RPWD2
                        Metro Davao

Comment

• North Borneo - just an update, POC at Palawan will sign-up anytime this week. Will update you as soon as I have confirmation. Cheers!

Alvin O.
                          F-RPWD2
                          Metro Davao

Comment

• Originally posted by davaospotter View Post
                            Regarding the PLDT Fiber Modem

- PLDT forces you to use their own DNS, if you use Google's and OpenDNS DNS you will not be able to resolve any URL.

Hope this helps
                            I am sure it will help especially for John and all others thinking of going to Fiber

Originally posted by davaospotter View Post
                            North Borneo - just an update, POC at Palawan will sign-up anytime this week. Will update you as soon as I have confirmation. Cheers!
                            Thanks for the update davaospotter. Looking forward to hearing your update again. Many thanks for your time.

Comment

Hope this helps
                              Yes that was what we discovered early on in our quest.

Also we discovered a lack of communication between the internet and the lan port 1 and port 1 and wireless. We found an option in the modem admin to enable internet for the lan ports which we enabled. Initially, Aran's desktop was connected to lan port 1 which we converted over to wireless that hadn't been set up before, freeing up the lan port for the receiver. We got the receiver to call home but running netstat gave no clue what the IP of the receiver was so that we couldn't load the receiver status page.

Aran's FR24 stats page indicated that the receiver was on 192.168.1.10 although we couldn't get the receiver status page to load. I don't have any idea how FR24 determines what local IP the receiver is on.

It was getting late Sunday and we all were tired, Aran had been at it for 5 days and I was just a Johnny come lately to the party. We declared victory when F-RPLL5 started to appear on the FR24 map and resolved to fight the status page battle another day. Since the status page wouldn't load we couldn't edit the network settings if necessary nor view the log.

PLDT had suggested Aran buy a hub/switch to attach internet requiring devices. When I heard that I thought what kind of piece of junk are they providing and did some research and not many around the world are happy with that modem.

Bottom line is F-RPLL5 is online and tracking with good range allowing MLAT5 tracking throughout Luzon. It is early too tell if the RPLL stations will help out F-RPLP1 in Legazpi bringing MLAT5 tracking between Mindoro and Samar.

John
                              F-RPVD1
                              Dumaguete
                              Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-03-02, 10:13.

Comment

Hope this helps
                                Yes Sir this is correct. I was informed late about this by PLDT Technicians.
                                Aran
                                F - RPLL5

Comment

Working...
                                X