PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aran09 View Post
    Thank you guys for a warm welcome here. Appreciate it a lot.
    For as long as I can help, I will gladly like to help you guys.
    I just tested my equipment last night and encountered some problems.
    I think some are minors which can be fixed a.s.a.p.
    I'm finalizing my installation today.

I'd like to ask a question..?
    How am I going to identify my call sign?

Thanks.
    You will probably be assigned F-RPLL5

John

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
      You will probably be assigned F-RPLL5

John
      Got it. F-RPLL5 is my call sign.
      Thank you guys.
      Aran
      F - RPLL5

Comment

• I think I'm having a problem with my radar anybody can help? My internet connection is good. I can surf the web and even watch movies. All indicator lights are working the Power (Steady Green), Mode-S (Flickering Red) and the GPS (Flickering Green). All cables/wires are connected according to the manual. I don't know why I can't feed to FR24 system and upon checking with my account I'm still Offline and according to Mr. Muazzam Khan from Tech Support.

Thanks

Aran
        T-RPLL7
        Aran
        F - RPLL5

Comment

I think I'm having a problem with my radar anybody can help? My internet connection is good. I can surf the web and even watch movies. All indicator lights are working the Power (Steady Green), Mode-S (Flickering Red) and the GPS (Flickering Green). All cables/wires are connected according to the manual. I don't know why I can't feed to FR24 system and upon checking with my account I'm still Offline and according to Mr. Muazzam Khan from Tech Support.

Thanks

Aran
          T-RPLL7
          Hi, Aran!

Your internet is good, as you say, based on other devices (email, surf, watch movies...). Your FR24 box looks OK as you say, front panel LEDs flickering. Perhaps the two are not connected well. Assuming your UTP cable is good (using the cable provider by FR24) make sure the RJ45s are seated well in their slots. There are also small pilot lamps at these RJ45 slots and when connected well these should also light up steadily.

Troubleshooting is a slow and tedious process, isolating what part/connection/device is faulty. You could begin checking the connection between the Internet and the FR24box...
          Welcome to the "motley group"... Are you RPLL5 or RPLL7?

Gerry
          RPVM2

Comment

I think I'm having a problem with my radar anybody can help? My internet connection is good. I can surf the web and even watch movies. All indicator lights are working the Power (Steady Green), Mode-S (Flickering Red) and the GPS (Flickering Green). All cables/wires are connected according to the manual. I don't know why I can't feed to FR24 system and upon checking with my account I'm still Offline and according to Mr. Muazzam Khan from Tech Support.

Thanks

Aran
            T-RPLL7
            Aran09 refresh this page regularly to get realtime help Text or call me Globe 0916 6038 327.

Aran09, is the ethernet cable from the receiver plugged in between the receiver and your DSL or Cable modem? That is the preferred hookup. When the ethernet cable is connected at the receiver and the modem a small indicator light is next to where it plugs in the receiver and it will light when it is properly connected on the other end at the modem. The modem will show an indicator LED when it is connected and flash when the receiver sends data.

If you are connecting the receiver directly to your computer and using wireless I can help also.

John
            F-RPVD1
            Dumaguete
            Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-02-25, 05:27.

Comment

• Hello all,

Just to post that the 2 areas high on the wish list for coverage around Philippines are:

1) Palawan/Puerto Princesa
              2) Busuanga Island

I know davaospotter has mentioned he will ask his friend at Palawan again whether he wishes to host, but if any of you here have contacts there please ask them to consider to apply for FR24 kit.

Davaospotter sorry to keep bothering you know you are busy, if there is any update from your friend in Palawan just drop a message here. Thanks.

Hope the internet connection issue with the FR24 receiver is sorted out for you Aran with help from John.
              Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-02-25, 12:10.

Comment

• Thanks for the help I'm trying to configure it out right now.
                This is my official call sign T-RPLL7.

Aran
                T-RPLL7
                Aran
                F - RPLL5

Comment

Thanks for the help I'm trying to configure it out right now.
                  This is my official call sign T-RPLL7.

Aran
                  T-RPLL7
                  Aran09,Can you take a picture of the Rear and Front Of Your FR24 Receiver?

Thanks
                  Ice
                  F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post

Thanks
                    Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post

Thanks
                    Dear Sir Noel, John & Gerry

I think I found the problem...
                    At first I thought it was the cables.
                    I tested all the cables and all of them are working properly.

The free router included in my internet has 4 LAN ports, I called the tech support of my ISP to address
                    the issue why the remaining 3 ports are not capable of connecting to internet.
                    I'm using Fiber connection at the moment. Unfortunately I was informed that I could only use LAN 1 port for the internet connection.
                    The remaining 3 ports are for other purposes ex. TV, IPCam... etc. Sad to hear from them.

They told me to buy switch hubs for me to be able to connect the receiver to the internet.

Hoping this will work.

Aran
                    T-RPLL7
                    Aran
                    F - RPLL5

Comment

Dear Sir Noel, John & Gerry

I think I found the problem...
                      At first I thought it was the cables.
                      I tested all the cables and all of them are working properly.

The free router included in my internet has 4 LAN ports, I called the tech support of my ISP to address
                      the issue why the remaining 3 ports are not capable of connecting to internet.
                      I'm using Fiber connection at the moment. Unfortunately I was informed that I could only use LAN 1 port for the internet connection.
                      The remaining 3 ports are for other purposes ex. TV, IPCam... etc. Sad to hear from them.

They told me to buy switch hubs for me to be able to connect the receiver to the internet.

Hoping this will work.

Aran
                      T-RPLL7
                      Aran before you buy anything call or text me. I am available from 10 to 12. I need the name of your isp and the brand and model number of your isp provided modem. ISP tech support is mostly notoriously wrong.

Also the location is not T-RPLL7. Addresses that start with T- are just for feeders supplying their own receivers but yours will start with F-.

You can verify that by logging on to FR24 and looking at your account...it will show you what you have been assigned. If you previously fed FR24 with another receiver that address could be valid but with the FR24 receiver it will always start with F-. After verification you will be assigned an F- address while the other T- address will still be listed there. New installations on startup calling home for the first time just have a temporary address that starts with R until they are verified then an F- location is assigned.

John
                      F-RPVD1
                      Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                        Aran before you buy anything call or text me. I am available from 10 to 12. I need the name of your isp and the brand and model number of your isp provided modem. ISP tech support is mostly notoriously wrong.

Also the location is not T-RPLL7. Addresses that start with T- are just for feeders supplying their own receivers but yours will start with F-.

You can verify that by logging on to FR24 and looking at your account...it will show you what you have been assigned. If you previously fed FR24 with another receiver that address could be valid but with the FR24 receiver it will always start with F-. After verification you will be assigned an F- address while the other T- address will still be listed there. New installations on startup calling home for the first time just have a temporary address that starts with R until they are verified then an F- location is assigned.

John
                        F-RPVD1
                        Dumaguete
                        Well noted Sir John.
                        I'll call you later.
                        Thanks for the big help.
                        Aran
                        F - RPLL5

Comment

Thanks
                          Sir Noel as per your request.IMG_4915.JPGIMG_4920.JPG
                          Aran
                          F - RPLL5

Comment

Sir Noel as per your request.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5724[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5725[/ATTACH]
                            Aran,Thanks For Sending The Pictures, I See No Problem on the Connection Of LAN port.

Is your Radar Problem OK now?
                            Ice
                            F-RPLL3

Comment

• UPDATE:MLAT5 Contact in Luzon & Progress on Aran's Receiver

Thursday night I spotted another MLAT5 contact going north from west of Clark Field, Angeles City as the result of tracking by you RPLL guys and Subic Bay and the Lingayan Gulf trackers.

As far as I can tell F-RPLC1 around Angeles City is still offline. Down south F-RPVO1 seems to be offline.

I worked with Aran in Imus City most of the day and evening and we made some progress getting his receiver online. His modem is a FiberHome and it had the lan ports except port 1 disabled from the internet in the ADMIN settings.

He was using port 1 for his desktop so where I left him last night he was configuring his desktop to use wireless and connected the receiver to port 1 where it was sending data. No word yet that FR24 is receiving that data.

Discovery of the receiver status page is next so I can check the network settings and peek at the Log for clues to any connectivity problem.

John
                              F-RPVD1
                              Dumaguete

Comment

Aran,Thanks For Sending The Pictures, I See No Problem on the Connection Of LAN port.

Is your Radar Problem OK now?
                                Not yet Sir Noel. Me and Sir John worked yesterday to configure it.
                                But myy internet connection got lost last night sad to say that.
                                I may have accidentally change some settings within the network.

I called PLDT last night to troubleshoot the problem but we couldn't fix it. They are sending their field technician today.
                                Aran
                                F - RPLL5

Comment

Working...
                                X