No announcement yet.

PHILIPPINE RADAR FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woke up this morning to find the FR24 receiver offline. Looking at the modem there was no light on the port the receiver is connected to. I suspect power trouble to the receiver.

Later on this morning will go outside where two of my receivers are mounted and troubleshoot. The power strip the FR24 receiver is connected to also has another adapter plugged in as well as a powerline ethernet adapter. Cycling the power rebooted the other receiver fine but no go for the FR24.

My method of troubleshooting will make use of 4 things:

1. My eyes, is there obvious damage to anything?
    2. My nose, is there a residual burning smell inside the receiver enclosures?
    3. Volt/ohmmeter, disconnecting the voltage adapter plug at the receiver and measuring voltage or lack of voltage.
    4. If the other steps lead to the restoration of power to the receiver and the receiver negotiates properly the led at the modems ethernet port will light up. If the modem port is not lighted, I'll disconnect the ethernet powerline adapter ethernet cable from the other receiver and attach it to the FR24 receivers ethernet port. If the receiver connects to the modem, the FR24 receiver will assume the port the other receiver had and you can access the status page. If everything works with this setup, the ethernet cable between the FR24 receiver and the modem is bad. If this switcheroo doesn't work, it is the ethernet port on the FR24 that's not working requiring a replacement receiver.

In a few hours we will see.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-01-04, 23:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
      Woke up this morning to find the FR24 receiver offline. Looking at the modem there was no light on the port the receiver is connected to. I suspect power trouble to the receiver.

Later on this morning will go outside where two of my receivers are mounted and troubleshoot. The power strip the FR24 receiver is connected to also has another adapter plugged in as well as a powerline ethernet adapter. Cycling the power rebooted the other receiver fine but no go for the FR24.

My method of troubleshooting will make use of 4 things:

1. My eyes, is there obvious damage to anything?
      2. My nose, is there a residual burning smell inside the receiver enclosures?
      3. Volt/ohmmeter, disconnecting the voltage adapter plug at the receiver and measuring voltage or lack of voltage.
      4. If the other steps lead to the restoration of power to the receiver and the receiver negotiates properly the led at the modems ethernet port will light up. If the modem port is not lighted, I'll disconnect the ethernet powerline adapter ethernet cable from the other receiver and attach it to the FR24 receivers ethernet port. If the receiver connects to the modem, the FR24 receiver will assume the port the other receiver had and you can access the status page. If everything works with this setup, the ethernet cable between the FR24 receiver and the modem is bad. If this switcheroo doesn't work, it is the ethernet port on the FR24 that's not working requiring a replacement receiver.

In a few hours we will see.
      I opened both enclosures housing receivers. Both were dry inside with no perceptible damage or smell.

LEDs on the FR24 receiver were green and blinking like signals were being sent. Still no LED on the modem on the ethernet port reserved for FR24.

Proceeded to step 4.

Disconnected other working receiver's ethernet cable at the powerline ethernet adapter. Also disconnected the ethernet cable from the FR24 receiver. I ran a jumper ethernet cable from the powerline ethernet adapter to the FR24 receiver. The signal LED at the ethernet connection at the FR24 receiver started flashing green The modem led started flashing green. A connection was made and the Status page was accessible. The cause was the ethernet cable between the FR24 receiver and the modem due to ??? Maybe the rats ate the ethernet cable even though it was in flexible plastic conduit.

Running an ugly ethernet cable is not an option in this household so will try to buy another powerline ethernet adapter set for the FR24 if CDRKing has stock. This volunteer work is getting expensive.

In the meantime, I will reconnect the receiver that is working and the FR24 receiver will be offline indefinitely. Luckily I am going to Cebu tomorrow and I may find stock there.

John
      F-RPVD1
      Dumaguete

Comment

• Cheap Ethernet Cable today are Thin and Copper Coated only.

Try buy Ubiquiti STP Cable . its design for Outdoor Use. and with ESD Drain Wire if you use Shielded RJ45.

I just saw A320 in Track to Tacloban.
        Last edited by Kailrusha; 2015-01-05, 08:38.
        RPVO1

Comment

• IMG_00000472.png

Why Are Some Flights To Tacloban Missing?
          2P2981

Is it because that some A320s of Pal Express Does not have an ADS-B Transponder?
          Ice
          F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]5351[/ATTACH]

Why Are Some Flights To Tacloban Missing?
            2P2981

Is it because that some A320s of Pal Express Does not have an ADS-B Transponder?

I saw that RPVA Schedule List. during the time when Tarmac was still under Repair. They have the Destination and Arrival Time list but no plane Status Says Landed.

2 weeks ago it was announce on TV Tarmac Maintenance is Finish, Now you see there as Status Landed and there are still Empty Schedule on that List, Dont Worry Soon it will be Filled
            Last edited by Kailrusha; 2015-01-05, 15:32.
            RPVO1

Comment

• Originally posted by Kailrusha View Post
              I saw that RPVA Schedule List. during the time when Tarmac was still under Repair. They have the Destination and Arrival Time list but no plane Status Says Landed.

2 weeks ago it was announce on TV Tarmac Maintenance is Finish, Now you see there as Status Landed and there are still Empty Schedule on that List, Dont Worry Soon it will be Filled
              My Relatives Was on the flight 2P2981 and i cant find it on FR24
              Ice
              F-RPLL3

Comment

• F-RPVM2 offline too...

Hi,

For some reason our ISP is down too. I hope our Ethernet cables are not contributing to downtime...

Comment

My Relatives Was on the flight 2P2981 and i cant find it on FR24
                  If thats the case, they are using Non ADS-B Transponder.
                  RPVO1

Comment

• FR24-DGT F-RPVD1 is back Online

After an unfruitful day in Cebu looking for a powerline ethernet adapter set, I went with Plan B which involved contracting with a network technician to cutoff the existing hidden ethernet cable and running 10 meters of new cable to the modem. FR24-Dgt was back online within 30 minutes.

It just so happens the company I used has the free app on their phones and is a steady user of FR24 and had no idea that we had so many receivers in the Philippines. especially here in Dumaguete.

He inquired why very few of the Cebu Pacific and PAL Express turbo-props show up and I explained that is a useful reason to upgrade the FR24 free app to the paid app so he could see MLAT and select airports to watch. I also showed him my tracking site where he could see in realtime the planes my receivers are tracking within 250 miles of him. Of course he was amazed.

Gerry F-RPVM2 and I were going to meetup for coffee but a multitude of issues prevented it. Maybe next July my next trip over to Cebu we'll finally get to meet.

Olov was a great support as well as his support staff during this ordeal.

John
                    F-RPVD1
                    Dumaguete
                    Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-01-08, 11:17.

Comment

• Intermittent connectivity problem... Any one with similar problem?

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                      After an unfruitful day in Cebu looking for a powerline ethernet adapter set, I went with Plan B which involved contracting with a network technician to cutoff the existing hidden ethernet cable and running 10 meters of new cable to the modem. FR24-Dgt was back online within 30 minutes.

--snip--

Gerry F-RPVM2 and I were going to meetup for coffee but a multitude of issues prevented it. Maybe next July my next trip over to Cebu we'll finally get to meet.

Olov was a great support as well as his support staff during this ordeal.

John
                      F-RPVD1
                      Dumaguete
                      Welcome back, Uncle John! Yes, I do hope we EB sometime...

F-RPVM2 is also back on line, but intermittent connection plagues us. Apparently not an ISP problem, so it must be our setup. FR24 Support and I are still working on it. Anyone with similar problems? Here is a screenshot of our feeder's availability...

image.jpg

FR24 Support says we have a connectivity problem and not an overheating problem as we thought previously. Notice especially the short 20-30min blackouts... Anybody with similar problem?

Gerry
                      F-RPVM2

Comment

• Is F-RPUS1 Showing up on the map?
                        Ice
                        F-RPLL3

Comment

Is F-RPUS1 Showing up on the map?
                          Yes It is tracking planes.

John
                          F-RPVD1
                          Dumaguete

Comment

• Hello, I'm F-RPUS1 located in San Fernando, La Union.

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 3.11.46 AM.jpg
                            Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 3.09.23 AM.png

Comment

• Originally posted by gquejada View Post
                              Welcome back, Uncle John! Yes, I do hope we EB sometime...

F-RPVM2 is also back on line, but intermittent connection plagues us. Apparently not an ISP problem, so it must be our setup. FR24 Support and I are still working on it. Anyone with similar problems? Here is a screenshot of our feeder's availability...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5380[/ATTACH]

FR24 Support says we have a connectivity problem and not an overheating problem as we thought previously. Notice especially the short 20-30min blackouts... Anybody with similar problem?

Gerry
                              F-RPVM2
                              Yes i have same problem, It started when MLAT was Enable Weeks Ago
                              RPVO1

Comment

• Are There any news about F-RPLL3?
                                Ice
                                F-RPLL3

Comment

Working...
                                X